New Sim on the Horizon

USAF Pilot Training: Road to the ThunderBirds Announced

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=67071

Looks like flight only...no combat, but the whole flying with the thunderbirds thing might be really cool. reading the announcement makes it sound exactly what FO plans to offer for its first release...except this sim actually has a release date!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like something I have been wishing all sims did in the first place, make you learn how to fly before getting behind the world's best fighter aircraft with no tuition.

I have longed for a sim to make you start basic flight trg on a duel control prop aircraft, the slowly build you up to PPL standard, then on to a bigger/faster aircraft etc.

If only they streamed you during trg as well, heaven. "You are going to C-130 flight trg, you cant handle a Hornet and so on". Can only fly online what you are qualified in single player.... plus a persistant multiplayer..... all dreams... but if only.

This has nothing to do with XSI as far as I can tell. completely different company. In the article I linked to above it says that they have all kind of access to Air Force data and whatnot, which makes me think that FO is gonna have some stiff competition until they get a combat module and dynamic campaign released whenever they get around to that. Especially if its price point is significantly lower than what I have heard rumored about what to expect from FO.

I wasn't too excited at first as I like to blow things up, but depending on how the FM's and graphics are it might be really sweet to be able to fly a show from the #4 spot of the Thunderbirds. I soend alot of time in FC just doing acrobatics...cause Fc just "feels" like flying to me better than any other combat sim out right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bet that SIM will have kick ass flight model but its gonna suck in not having the F-16 employed in combat. Thats a major letdown for me.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The training sounds good, but I think this SIM will have short legs without combat missions.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

This has nothing to do with XSI as far as I can tell. completely different company. In the article I linked to above it says that they have all kind of access to Air Force data and whatnot, which makes me think that FO is gonna have some stiff competition until they get a combat module and dynamic campaign released whenever they get around to that. Especially if its price point is significantly lower than what I have heard rumored about what to expect from FO.

I wasn't too excited at first as I like to blow things up, but depending on how the FM's and graphics are it might be really sweet to be able to fly a show from the #4 spot of the Thunderbirds. I soend alot of time in FC just doing acrobatics...cause Fc just "feels" like flying to me better than any other combat sim out right now.

It sounds very similar to what XSI is doing, but FO will kick its Butt.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Heck, you can do the whole training program in Lomac. Me and a friend regularly practice IPT /UPT stuff .. going on a year now. Formations standards, fingertip, tactical,pitch outs, turning rejoins, BFM, ACM, brevity, overhead pattern, tactical arrival, you name it. Works in any sim .. the 44th does alot of this stuff too. Really fun in a four ship. Really, about the only thing you can't simulate in lomac very good is BVR

USAF Pilot Training: Road to the ThunderBirds Announced

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=67071

Looks like flight only...

Did anybody find out more info about that sim?

Any links?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64