104th RED FLAG - Community Event

104th_Maverick

JLpgAjg.jpg

Following the success of the first OPFOR we are now rebranding the exercise to RED FLAG, an event that will take place every month!

OPFOR will return as a symetrical force on force event in the near future however for now we are focusing on the agressor style event and we plan to do this every month with our long standing friends the 51st PVO Regiment

This gives you the community the best chance possible to get involved in some high intensity air action against some of the best and most experienced aggressor pilots in the sim!

The next RED FLAG event will be on SATURDAY 2nd of MAY at 17:00z

Mission files will be released by the 104th 1 week before the event takes place for everyone to review. After the next event we plan to do RED FLAG at the end of every month so the event after the 2nd of May will take place on the 30th of May

A5hMGhb.jpg

RED FLAG Events will take place in the standard DCS Caucus Map until the release of Nevada upon where we will switch to hosting monthly RED FLAGS from Nellis AFB!

Operational objectives are very simple for both sides, the aggressor side has to protect an objective/s and the Challenger side must attack this objective/s.

We are ramping up the numbers for the next event which will feature 16 aggressor pilots from the 104th and 51st Squadrons (may include guests) vs 34 Challenger aircraft!

The Challenger side must contain at least 7 Air to Ground Strikers, we are also limiting the number of Squadron members to 4 from any one Squadron. You may swap pilots during the event provided they are still alive with another Squadron member however we can only accept a maximum of 4 members from each Squadron to give more places to the lonewolf public!

Stats will be tracked by SA-SIM please show your support and bookmark the website and also create an account on their forums!

To sign up for RED FLAG you MUST REGISTER on the 104th Forums, applications posted elsewhere will NOT be counted!!!

Sign up here!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://community.104thphoenix.com/to...-2015-round-1/

Remember you MUST register on the 104th Forums to take part in the event, entries submitted here or on other forums / social media will not count! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Aggressors

1. 104th_Maverick | F-15C
  2. 104th_RIPTIDE | F-15C
  3. 104th_Mustang | F-15C
  4. 104th_IronMike | F-15C
  5. 104th_HighWay | F-15C
  6. 104th_Spade | F-15C
  7. 104th_BlackBird | F-15C
  8. 104th_Presing | Mig29
  9. 104th_Knight | F-15C
  10. 104th_Blaze | F-15C
  11. 104cdt_Stuge | F-15C
  12. 104th_12

13. 51st_Frostie
  14. 51st_Teknetinium
  15. 51st_Rage
  16. 51st_Camper

Reserves

Pending....

Challengers

1. =GR=Tiger | F-15C / SU27
  2. TitanFire | F-15C
  3. Oberst Zeisig | F-15C
  4. Random Pilot | F-15C
  5. TaccoZ | F-15C
  6. =EDP 71st=_1 |SU27
  7. =EDP 71st=_2 | Su27
  8. =EDP 71st=_3 | SU27
  9. =BK=Frantsuz | F-15C
  10. =BK=Mr.Shmidt | SU27
  11. =BK=MiG | SU27
  12. =UVAF=_1 | F-15C

13. =UVAF=_2 | F-15C

14. =UVAF=_3 | SU27

15. =UVAF=_4 | SU27

16. Mamba | SU27
  17. S77th-pyromaniac4002 | F-15C
  18. S77th_Doktormarg | F-15C
  19. S77th_Bandit | F-15C
  20. S77th_Gabriel8387 | F-15C
  21. EVC57_IBERIAN | Mig29
  22. EVC57_Thunder | SU27
  23. EVC57_Ghost/Ninja | F-15C
  24. TAW_1 | F-15C
  25. TAW_2 | F-15C
  26. TAW_3 | SU27
  27. TAW_4 | SU27
  28. Low Blow | A-10C
  29. =BK=9M317 | A-10C / SU25T
  30. =EDP 71st= | A-10C / SU25T
  31. EVC57_JACOB/HOGAN
  32. AEF 161 Kerb | A-10C
  33. AEF 161 Hobbit | A-10C
  34. =DW=_1 | SU25T/A-10C

Reserves

1. Viking_Tsunami
  2. =WRAG=_Osa
  3. =WRAG=_2
  4. =WRAG=_3
  5. =DW=_2 | A2G
  6. =DW=_3 | A2A
  7. =DW=_4 | A2A
  8. Joao611 | F-15C
  9. Andrew N | F-15C
  10. Plaiskool | F-15C
  11. Ocelot | F-15C

SmqzHJ6.jpg

Standard event rules will apply, these will be confirmed closer to the time along with the mission and event briefings!

See you in the middle

S!

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Virtual-Red-Flag_zpsc3n6nrzn.png

Many thanks to Brad from Virtual Red Flag for permission to use this image

RED FLAG 15-2

Mozdock vs Tbilisi

Mission available here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/cnx2ytnn2y7pc7c/RED_FLAG_15_2_V1.miz

OPFOR Tasking

Defend friendly ground assets surrounding Bullseye and Nalchik (see map)

red_flag.png

BlueFOR Tasking

Your task is to destroy as many OPFOR air and ground units as possible! OPFOR control the area around Beslan, it is your job to infiltrate the airspace surrounding Beslan and destroy as many units as you can, it is OPFORs job to stop you from doing this.

Air to Air

Bullseye is set 10nm South of Beslan it is your only Waypoint.

Push back OPFOR to the North and maintain Air Superiority so our Strikers can attack the ground targets surrounding Beslan (10nm North of Bullseye). You must coordinate your Strike Package to hide in the mountains until it is safe for them to attack, try to do this in organised waves for maximum chance of success.

Air to Ground

There are 10 different Target Area’s for you to attack. You DO NOT have to attack all of them, consult the map and choose your Targets, they are numbered as you see on the map. It is ESSENTIAL that you plan your attack with the Air to Air pilots.

Your goal should be to hide low in the mountains SOUTH of Bullseye until its clear for you to make an attack run, when the time comes you should aim to exit the mountains as fast as possible, strike your targets and retreat back to the mountains as fast as you can then possibly reposition and attack another target.

DO NOT LOITER NORTH OF BULLSEYE OR OPFOR WILL KILL YOU!

1bqiZIm.jpg

RcAK47pcL.png

p2jyW3G.jpg

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This (one side defending, the other one attacking) was always what I wanted to see in the past while the LOCERF event was rulling the FC1 community. Looking forward to it :thumbup:

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

This sounds awesome, hopefully I will have time to make it for one of the events soon.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Awesome! Going to sign up, for sure. Thanks for putting this together, guys!

BadK

MSI Z270 Gaming M7

Core I7 7700K @ 5.0 GHz

MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming Trio

Corsair Vengence DDR4 2666 32GB

Corsair LE SSD 960GB

Corsair HX 650W

Corsair H100i v2

Corsair 460X Case

Windows 10 Pro 64

CH Products (FS, PT, PP)

Oculus CV1

;2373488']

Operational objectives are very simple for both sides, the aggressor side has to protect an objective/s and the Challenger side must attack this objective/s.

hope it will be night air strike.

Edited by 9M317

Remember you MUST register on the 104th Forums to take part in the event, entries submitted here or on other forums / social media will not count!

---------------

UVAF Can we fight in blue side?

'Possibly' Max, for now plan to fly on Challenger side. If we cannot arrange it this time then we will look at doing it in round 2!

No helicopters in this round.

Maximum is 4 Fighter pilots from 1 Squadron.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mav I wonder whether anyone reported desync or other odd issues? I had two instances of 'flying wrecks' (one on which I launched an r73 close in) that seemed similar to prevoius burning wreck type issues we experienced before.

I have to say it didnt really impact the event but just wondered...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

;2374338']You may need to register a new account on our Forums Max.

We got a new website, so all old forum accounts got deleted.

I registered MAV!

When i not login i see forum...

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#103139]

You do not have permission to view this forum.

Edited by MAD MAX

http://www.ukrfalcons.com

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3246_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Сквад UVAF проводит набор пилотов на Су-27/МиГ-29/F-15.

По всем вопросам обращаться в: http://www.ukrfalcons.com

These happen, and they're typical of a dropped/crashed client that did not report that the connection is destroyed. Because UDP is used, the client either has to tell the server that it is disconnected, or the server has to figure it out in another way. In some cases, both of those can be defeated.

Perhaps a way to deal with this is to implement a 'heartbeat' feature. Miss say five heartbeats in a row and the server terminates the connection.

Mav I wonder whether anyone reported desync or other odd issues? I had two instances of 'flying wrecks' (one on which I launched an r73 close in) that seemed similar to prevoius burning wreck type issues we experienced before.

I have to say it didnt really impact the event but just wondered...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

@Max I have added 4 fighter slots for UVAF

@Rage - No one has approached me as of yet mate, I know there was an issue with Oberst who's game crashed while engaged. Sadly as you know these things happen, we'll have to think of some strategy for dealing with them in the future, perhaps something similar to what GG proposed.

@kms No sir there will not be in this event sorry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]