Has anyone used this wheel stand pro ?

Here are my thoughts from an earlier post. I really like the sturdy-ness and adjustability of the stand. It is excellent. Using one stand only, places the controllers fairly close together and as you can see I went with to for more realistic positioning. Certainly not cheap but a highly recommended setup if you can afford it.

Overall it's a great product, very sturdy and very high quality.

Good luck with your decision.

-----------------------------

Hi guys,

i know there have been reviews on Wheel Stand Pro done here in the past but I just wanted to pass along my thoughts about this product and tell you about a new attachment they have for the Thrustmaster Warthog Flight Stick.

I recently purchased two stands to make a quick very mobile and very realistic cockpit setup anywhere. The new Warthog Flight Stick attachment, really makes all the difference in realistic feel while removing all obstacles that are in the way of your legs as you sit in a chair with your feet positioned on rudder pedals.

Here is my set-up

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=6853

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=6852

Edited by ronht

Here are my thoughts from an earlier post. I really like the sturdy-ness and adjustability of the stand. It is excellent. Using one stand only, places the controllers fairly close together and as you can see I went with to for more realistic positioning. Certainly not cheap but a highly recommended setup if you can afford it.

Overall it's a great product, very sturdy and very high quality.

Good luck with your decision.

One concern I feel is my CH Rudder pedals. First when placed on the plate at the front I get the impression that they would be to far back judging from pictures. Also can it be placed on that plate and not glide ? Or will it need to fastened ?

One concern I feel is my CH Rudder pedals. First when placed on the plate at the front I get the impression that they would be to far back judging from pictures. Also can it be placed on that plate and not glide ? Or will it need to fastened ?

You can mount them without the plate and put them anywhere on the X axis. Far away or close to you, it's all adjustable. Think I have used it in 3 different positions so far, It just slides up and down on the tubes m8.

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

You can mount them without the plate and put them anywhere on the X axis. Far away or close to you, it's all adjustable. Think I have used it in 3 different positions so far, It just slides up and down on the tubes m8.

Is it also possible to mount the plate anywhere on the X axis ? Is it not a problem if it slides up and down ? I mean it need to stay in place when used.

When you are not using the stick and stove it is it possible to still use the rudder pedals ? I ask since I would be interested in using both my Warthog and also my flightsim yoke at times for yoke based planes in FSX.

The entire system is highly adjustable - plate included or no plate if you prefer. There are a number of ways to attach rudder pedals depending on which pedals you have and they would remain secure while in use.

If you look closely above, I used velcro strips and some pvc pipe to temporarily secure my SimPeds to the plate. They don't move at all and I can remove them in a few seconds. I have MFG pedals on order and plan to attach them to the plate with bolts.

Finally, Yes - it is possible to remove the stick and just use the rudder pedals. The adjustable tube that the stick sits on can quickly be removed by loosening the adjustment lever and simply pulling the tube out leaving just the shorter black base tube that you see above. That then could be left in place or rotated forward or back out of the way.

The entire system is highly adjustable - plate included or no plate if you prefer. There are a number of ways to attach rudder pedals depending on which pedals you have and they would remain secure while in use.

If you look closely above, I used velcro strips and some pvc pipe to temporarily secure my SimPeds to the plate. They don't move at all and I can remove them in a few seconds. I have MFG pedals on order and plan to attach them to the plate with bolts.

Finally, Yes - it is possible to remove the stick and just use the rudder pedals. The adjustable tube that the stick sits on can quickly be removed by loosening the adjustment lever and simply pulling the tube out leaving just the shorter black base tube that you see above. That then could be left in place or rotated forward or back out of the way.

The intended use as I understand it is that you keep the controller on the tube and push it forward to stow it away. That rises some questions,

I would need to temporarily move the stand forward so the desktop don't get in the way of the stick when it is pushed forward. Then push the stand back. Is this feasible or does the stand need to stay in the same place on the floor all the time ?

When the stick is in its stowed position it will be tilted forward. This will make the stick lean forward because of its weight. Could this be detrimental to the stick ?

Look at the picture I posted above. If you want to keep the pedals in place, you can remove the stick completely down to where you see it is painted black. That part would be well under your desktop but could still be rotated forward or backward as needed to get it out of your way.

The silver part of the stick-holder, to include the plate which your joystick/throttle is attached, can be completely removed out of the black part of the vertical tube, in seconds and placed aside out of the way or in storage.

I also use this, and am a big fan.

In the photo, a significant amount of the front of the stand is under the desk.

I have my saitek pedals bolted to the very front of my stand, and with the ability to adjust the stick angle, height of pole, and angle of pole I've had my 6'3" friend comfortably using the setup.

You will still need some place to put your throttle, unless you're planning on using the plate version. And as much as I'd love to just get a second one like Ron, I'm afraid I already get enough sideways glances for my existing cockpit paraphernalia :lol:

I felt like the plate put the throttle and stick a little to close together. However, add an Ikea Poang chair and footrest and you've got a pretty convincing bucket seat, a flight stick that sits where it should, and an ottoman to put the throttle and keyboard on :)

Plus, you can fold everything up and put it all away when it's not appropriate to have a jet in your living room.

I'll attach some photos of my setup next time I drag everything out.

I have my saitek pedals bolted to the very front of my stand, and with the out.

I have seen that the stand now sells with fastener for the saitek pedals (someone commented that this was a problem for him) and that they are still working on CH rudder pedals fastener. So it seem such fastener is needed and still not available for the CH pedals which I have.

If I get the stand my intention is to use the stick only adapter (for now I don't have the throttle) mainly because I would like to put the stick lower than the table would admit (had to be above my knee)

Otherwise a small table for the throttle about 45 cm high does not seem difficult to find.

Look at the picture I posted above. If you want to keep the pedals in place, you can remove the stick completely down to where you see it is painted black. That part would be well under your desktop but could still be rotated forward or backward as needed to get it out of your way.

The silver part of the stick-holder, to include the plate which your joystick/throttle is attached, can be completely removed out of the black part of the vertical tube, in seconds and placed aside out of the way or in storage.

Do you mean the removing the stick like it was on delivery ?

Ok, hope this clears up what I was trying to say -

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=6942

As you can see, the stick (like I have) or plate that holds the throttle and stick can be quickly removed in seconds ( no tools required)

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=6943

This leaves the lower portion that is 13 inches high which easily fits under any desk and can be rotated forward or back to be out of the way, keeping the pedals in place.

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=6944

Because I ordered two Wheel Stands, I have an extra plate which I can use with a Logitech force-feed back stick or driving wheel. It is quickly interchangeable with the stick.

As far as customizations, contact the Wheel Stand Pro folks, they are very helpful and can offer attachments and pre-drilled plates that are not all displayed on the web site.

I highly recommend this product.

Edited by ronht

I also use this, and am a big fan.

In the photo, a significant amount of the front of the stand is under the desk.

I have my saitek pedals bolted to the very front of my stand, and with the ability to adjust the stick angle, height of pole, and angle of pole I've had my 6'3" friend comfortably using the setup.

You will still need some place to put your throttle, unless you're planning on using the plate version. And as much as I'd love to just get a second one like Ron, I'm afraid I already get enough sideways glances for my existing cockpit paraphernalia :lol:

I felt like the plate put the throttle and stick a little to close together. However, add an Ikea Poang chair and footrest and you've got a pretty convincing bucket seat, a flight stick that sits where it should, and an ottoman to put the throttle and keyboard on :)

Plus, you can fold everything up and put it all away when it's not appropriate to have a jet in your living room.

I'll attach some photos of my setup next time I drag everything out.

Do you use the plate for the stick ? One idea that comes to my mind is this.

Could you simply not place the stick on the plate without the screws and the simply move it away when you are noot using it ?

I know the intended use is to fasten it with bundled screws but my warthog stands firm and stable on the desktop so why should it not on the stand plate ?

Do you use the plate for the stick ? One idea that comes to my mind is this.

Could you simply not place the stick on the plate without the screws and the simply move it away when you are noot using it ?

I know the intended use is to fasten it with bundled screws but my warthog stands firm and stable on the desktop so why should it not on the stand plate ?

Yes the Warthog is heavy enough that it would sit on the plate just fine. If you felt you needed a bit more security than that I would suggest some velcro strapping - very simple and secure.

Ok, hope this clears up what I was trying to say -

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=6942

As you can see, the stick (like I have) or plate that holds the throttle and stick can be quickly removed in seconds ( no tools required)

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=6943

This leaves the lower portion that is 13 inches high which easily fits under any desk and can be rotated forward or back to be out of the way, keeping the pedals in place.

picture.php?albumid=1013&pictureid=6944

One concern comes to my mind after seeing this pics. When you have the tube laying on the floor does not the same problem still arise as when tilted forward ? I mean the stick itself is in the horizontal position. Does this not make it lean forward by its own weight like we see when the stick attached to the plate being tiltid in the forward position ?

I mailed Thrustamaster and asked if this would be a problem and they gave me this reply

'

We would advise against storing the device somewhere like this for longer durations. You should know, that there are sensitive parts inside the Stick and they could get damaged, if the Joystick is leaning forward like in the video for some time. You could unscrew the handle part before storing the device, this way it's not leaning forward. You should protect the connector on the base and make an extra bag with the handle part in it.'

To be clear the pictures I posted above were intended to be helpful in answering your earlier questions keeping all the parts in close proximity for clarification. They were not intended to suggest how to store the stick for any period of time.

The Wheel Stand Pro is very high quality product which I have been very happy with and which I would highly recommend.

I am not affiliated with Wheel Stand Pro in any way, I was simply trying to provide some helpful information. Buy it or not - It's your decision - I'm done with this thread.

Edited by ronht

To be clear the pictures I posted above were intended to be helpful in answering your earlier questions keeping all the parts in close proximity for clarification. They were not intended to suggest how to store the stick for any period of time.

The Wheel Stand Pro is very high quality product which I have been very happy with and which I would highly recommend.

I am not affiliated with Wheel Stand Pro in any way, I was simply trying to provide some helpful information. Buy it or not - It's your decision - I'm done with this thread.

This was in no way meant as criticism of you . If it was perceived so I apologize:(

This was in no way meant as criticism of you . If it was perceived so I apologize:(

After re-reading my post it is me who needs to apologize. Sorry, it came off that way. I was just attempting to clarify that the pictures I posted were not intended to show how the stick should be stored. The point you brought up is a good one.

I just don't have anything else to add to this thread about the product - other than I believe it is a good one and I would recommend it to anyone.

Take care and good luck with your decision