radio communications bug while hosting mp server

ericdb7g

I'll try to keep this short and to the point. When hosting a multiplayer server: if I (the host) get shot down, crash, etc., then radio communications (ATC, AWACS, etc.) stop working for everyone in the server. This has been a problem for the past couple of months, and it is not a one time fluke deal.

After further testing, I have found that if I get shot down, and load into a different jet than I got shot down in, then radio communication still works. However, if I get back into the exact same jet that I was shot down in at any later time while hosting, that will trigger the bug. If I never get back into that jet that was crashed then the radios will continue to work.

It's certainly not my install or client. The problem was there with the Steam install. I uninstalled and went to the ED store version, and it's still a problem. I have no mods installed at all, the problem is with any mission I host, not just a particular one. And, I have also tested this on a completely different computer.

I hope someone can look into this, because it makes me afraid to fly or do anything while I host in fear that it messes everything up for the other people in the server.

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

i often experienced non responsive ATC when flying on multiplayer servers in the last two or three months. I was just looking for a similar bug report and found yours here. I don't know, if it's linked a specific server or being shot down, but i will look closer next time and log what i did when it happened. In settings i don't have any radio helpers enabled.

Greetings

Matthl