Micro Pause!

Mar28

Hi to All!:helpsmilie:

Recently I bough a SSD PNY 240gb and aded it to my sistem in a dual boot form, instaled a new win7 64 ultimate in a light weight mode just to fly The DCS World. The only programs runing with DCS are Crome, Avast, TIR5 and Logitech software and TSpeak.

While in my other win7 DCS run smoth and fluid with 60 to 48 FPS ;and in the SSD drive even being faster to start and load the game I got at every 10 to 15 seconds a drop in FPS from 60 to 27 FPS in a form of a noticeable micro pause that hurts the imersion.:(

Two things differ from system to system that I haven't tried to change until now Gpu Drive 347.88 and avast in the new one and 347.52 and avira in the old one.

I would Like if Someone Have a Clue in waht is going I'm a bit frustated because I was especting a better performace with the SSD drive.:cry:

Thanks in Advance!!!

Martim.

MSI Z390 Gaming Plus Intel I7 8700 @4.4Ghz CoolerMaster H411R Corsair LPX 3000Mhz 32GB NVidea GTX 1080 TI XFX650W PNY SSD 256gb win10 64 Samsung SSD480gb DCS,IL21946 WD Caviar Green 1Tb Ultimate Tir5.

A, SSDs have little to no effect on actual FPS, just Loading and Spooling depending on your GFX Settings.

B, AVAST and other AV Suites will actively scan every DLL File DCS uses while playing unless completely disabled, even in idle (Loaded but not actively scanning, AVAST causes issues).

C. Chrome, uses Memory for every tab open.... (I am a chrome user, and it's something I hate, but it's better than IE, lol, and I never liked firefox).

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

A, SSDs have little to no effect on actual FPS, just Loading and Spooling depending on your GFX Settings.

B, AVAST and other AV Suites will actively scan every DLL File DCS uses while playing unless completely disabled, even in idle (Loaded but not actively scanning, AVAST causes issues).

C. Chrome, uses Memory for every tab open.... (I am a chrome user, and it's something I hate, but it's better than IE, lol, and I never liked firefox).

Guess I have an issue related to pt. B, too.

I experience a stop in DCS running at an interval of about 30 minites; it lasts a couple of seconds, but it's very annoying.

I wonder if I can fix it excluding DCS install folder from my AV scanning activities.

Hi to All!:helpsmilie:

Recently I bough a SSD PNY 240gb and aded it to my sistem in a dual boot form, instaled a new win7 64 ultimate in a light weight mode just to fly The DCS World. The only programs runing with DCS are Crome, Avast, TIR5 and Logitech software and TSpeak.

While in my other win7 DCS run smoth and fluid with 60 to 48 FPS ;and in the SSD drive even being faster to start and load the game I got at every 10 to 15 seconds a drop in FPS from 60 to 27 FPS in a form of a noticeable micro pause that hurts the imersion.:(

Two things differ from system to system that I haven't tried to change until now Gpu Drive 347.88 and avast in the new one and 347.52 and avira in the old one.

I would Like if Someone Have a Clue in waht is going I'm a bit frustated because I was especting a better performace with the SSD drive.:cry:

Thanks in Advance!!!

Martim.

Recently I upgraded my PC, replacing the old HD with a SSD drive.

But an overal improvement tha I apreciated with all programs I'm experiencing an annoying stop in DCS running at an interval of about 30 minites; it lasts a couple of seconds.

Ok Gents!

Last Night I uninstalled AVAST and change GPU drive and it still the same problem, Crash_Horror, pointed me in direction of some Win 7 update, and I remember from Cliffs of Dover when this Happen :

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3528

Will try this tonight if time allow me.

Thanks in advance for attention.

Martim!

Edited by Mar28

MSI Z390 Gaming Plus Intel I7 8700 @4.4Ghz CoolerMaster H411R Corsair LPX 3000Mhz 32GB NVidea GTX 1080 TI XFX650W PNY SSD 256gb win10 64 Samsung SSD480gb DCS,IL21946 WD Caviar Green 1Tb Ultimate Tir5.

• 4 weeks later...

HI to All again!

I´m still trying to sort this out , but time is very short to test and modificate things, but waht I notice is that watching other airplanes flying in F2 wiew the micropauses , they don´t show up!

Any Clues!

Thanks Martim.

• 3 months later...

Problem solved!!!

Contacted PNY and after following some procedures the guy from PNY says that perhaps the SSD may have a Problem. After packing, sending and wainting, a new unit arrives in a form of a new model CS1111, and now all is runing fine and smooth.

An Advice to all do a better research before buying hardware newegg and the user rewiews may avoid problems like mine!!

Thanks to all!

Martim!

I have never had avast cause any problems with DCS.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]