DCS-BIOS Discussion Thread

FSFIan

Hi everybody.

I'm in a test of hardware with Arduino. Now with a TM1637 display 7segm., 6 dig.

I'm trying to extract the ILS freq.

Displays connect good.

I put this code from the user Regnad517 (1-28-2019 )

/* Mega and Uno pinout is the same

* GRND = GRND

* VCC = 5V

* D10 = Digital input pin - this code uses pin 3

* CLK = Digital input pin - this code uses pin 2

*/

#define DCSBIOS_DEFAULT_SERIAL

#include <Wire.h>

#include "SevenSegmentTM1637.h"

SevenSegmentTM1637 am(2,3); // CLK pin first, D10 pin second

#include "DcsBios.h"

// DCS-Bios Code

void onIlsMhzChange(char* newValue) {

am.setCursor(0,0);

am.print(newValue[0]);

am.setCursor(0,1);

am.print(newValue[1]);

am.setCursor(0,2);

am.print(newValue[2]);

}

DcsBios::StringBuffer<3> ilsMhzStrBuffer(0x116e, onIlsMhzChange);

void onIlsKhzChange(char* newValue) {

am.setCursor(0,3);

am.print(newValue[1]);

am.setCursor(0,4);

am.print(newValue[0]);

}

DcsBios::StringBuffer<2> ilsKhzStrBuffer(0x1172, onIlsKhzChange);

// End DCS-Bios Code

void setup()

{

DcsBios::setup();

am.init();

am.clear();

}

void loop()

{

DcsBios::loop();

}

But give me a compiling error in the Arduino IDE.

The warning message is : * compiling error for Arduino 2560 card *

And got this in the event log.

------------------------------------------

Arduino:1.8.10 (Windows 10), Tarjeta:"Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

<artificial>:(.text+0x438): undefined reference to `SevenSegmentTM1637::setCursor(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

<artificial>:(.text+0x448): undefined reference to `SevenSegmentTM1637::setCursor(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

<artificial>:(.text+0x458): undefined reference to `SevenSegmentTM1637::setCursor(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

<artificial>:(.text+0x472): undefined reference to `SevenSegmentTM1637::setCursor(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Sebas\AppData\Local\Temp\ccyMJ1zA.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `onIlsKhzChange(char*)':

<artificial>:(.text+0x482): undefined reference to `SevenSegmentTM1637::setCursor(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Sebas\AppData\Local\Temp\ccyMJ1zA.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `global constructors keyed to 65535_0_sketch_mar02b.ino.cpp.o.2168':

<artificial>:(.text.startup+0xde): undefined reference to `SevenSegmentTM1637::SevenSegmentTM1637(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Sebas\AppData\Local\Temp\ccyMJ1zA.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `main':

<artificial>:(.text.startup+0x2b2): undefined reference to `SevenSegmentTM1637::init(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

<artificial>:(.text.startup+0x2ba): undefined reference to `SevenSegmentTM1637::clear()'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

Error compilando para la tarjeta Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

--------------------------------------------

Anyone can help me?.

Edited by Scumbag

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to edit an existing .lua file for an aircraft, however, none of my changes seem to be doing anything. I'm editing the follow file: "AppData\Roaming\DCS-BIOS\Plugins\module-fa-18c-hornet\FA-18C_hornet.lua"

None of my changes are reflected in the FA-18C_hornet.json file or the web control reference.

I've read that the .json file is supposed to automatically update itself when loading into an aircraft in DCS- is there something I'm missing? If I delete the .json files nothing happens either - they just stay deleted.

The virtual cockpit in DCS-BIOS is connected and I'm receiving and can send data but struggling to figure out what I'm missing... Any tips?

Maybe a dumb question; but did you add the "SevenSegmentTM1637" library to your arduino IDE?

You were right.

The Arduino IDE forces to include the library from the menu.

I don't think cause it appears in the sketch... but not with <>.

Before: #include "SevenSegmentTM1637.h"

After: #include <SevenSegmentTM1637.h>

Now works fine, but change the position of the digits.

Thanks for the reply.

Hello everyone,

i have a problem with the F/A-18C and DCS Bios. I have built an attitude indicator. I have wired everything but the data coming from BIOS is a mystery to me. If I roll to the left, the data output increases from 0 to about 65,000 until I have rolled 180 degrees. The other half of the circle no more data come. So if I roll to the right, the data output stay at 0 and from 181 degrees does the data output jump from 0 to 65,000 and then continue to decrease the further I roll. The pitch is similar. The data increase to 90 degrees and decrease again to 180 degrees. For the rest of the circle, the data output remains zero.

So I can not control a servo if the data output simply stops at half.

Can someone help me with this?

Thx Sky

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to edit an existing .lua file for an aircraft, however, none of my changes seem to be doing anything. I'm editing the follow file: "AppData\Roaming\DCS-BIOS\Plugins\module-fa-18c-hornet\FA-18C_hornet.lua"

None of my changes are reflected in the FA-18C_hornet.json file or the web control reference.

I've read that the .json file is supposed to automatically update itself when loading into an aircraft in DCS- is there something I'm missing? If I delete the .json files nothing happens either - they just stay deleted.

The virtual cockpit in DCS-BIOS is connected and I'm receiving and can send data but struggling to figure out what I'm missing... Any tips?

I'm running into the same issue myself. I haven't tried to edit anything in the libraries since the DCS HUB version of DCS-BIOS came out, suspect it has something to do with that? Would really appreciate anyone chiming in here.

Thanks!

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys !

I would like a little help on something :

I want to access an Integer value (for speed for instance) whenever I want, without using the callback function.

So, how can I get the output of a Integer value (from a IntegerBuffer) without using the callback function ?

For instance, the "classic" way to get the speed is this :

DcsBios::IntegerBuffer tasIndBuffer(0x2268, 0xffff, 0, onTasIndChange);

The issue is that I need to use that "onTasIndChange" function top get the speed. How can I read the output without using that function ?

EDIT ----------

Found it thanks to the Discord channel (thanks Kayou !!)

You can find the function to do so in the ExportStreamListener :

Here is the link : https://github.com/dcs-bios/dcs-bios-arduino-library/blob/9abcbf593fda5d83d8718a47d107e16cba430a51/src/internal/ExportStreamListener.h#L102

Have fun ;)

Edited by Theskyline35
fix was found

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Youtube Channel

Ryzen 2600 -- GTX980 4Go -- 16Go RAM 3200Mhz -- TM Warthog + Rudder Pedals -- HomeMade trackIR

hello,

I just download DCS-BIOS and I can't connect to DCS. I have open beta et stable release.

both are on another hard disk than C:\

F:\Programmes\DCS World OpenBeta and F:\Programmes\DCS World

I can't check the check box because I have this message :

error: profile directory does not exist, please start and exit DCS and try again: C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta for open beta

error: profile directory does not exist, please start and exit DCS and try again: C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS for release

My folder for games and profiles are on my disk F:\ at the adress F:\Mes jeux\DCS.openbeta et F:\Mes jeux\DCS

How can I tell to DCS-BIOS the right way ?

Thanks for your help

Edited by grandcharles
fix one problem

Hoping somebody can help as my brain is a little fried..

I want to get the *newValue from the UFCcom1 display buffer and convert that to a uint8_t array..

My brain is fried and my googlefu is failing me at the moment with a workable solution if anybody has any tips I'd appreciate it.

"Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way" (Gen. George Patton)

https://www.tekcreations.space

Hi guys!

Is there a known bug with the DL switch for the F-16 module? I've tried troubleshooting but hardware seems to be fine. The other switches on the Avio pwr pnl works fine.

Also, is there a code for the OFF/SQL/GD for COMM1 and COMM2 on the audio panel? Can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Updated to the newest plugin version for the Viper and the DL switch now works.

Edited by Lentaro

Hello

in the file conf.py Ihave found these lines :

# -- Path setup --------------------------------------------------------------

# If extensions (or modules to document with autodoc) are in another directory,

# add these directories to sys.path here. If the directory is relative to the

# documentation root, use os.path.abspath to make it absolute, like shown here.

#

# import os

# import sys

# sys.path.insert(0, os.path.abspath('.'))

My folder for games and profiles are on my disk F:\ at the adress F:\Mes jeux\DCS.openbeta et F:\Mes jeux\DCS

Do I have to indicate the path here and in which file ?

Hi! Just starting to play with DCS-BIOS and I'm would like to know if it is compatible with ATmega32U4 based Arduninos? I have some spare pro micro clones and I'm wondering if they would work. I see the following in the DCS-BIOS documentation:

DCS-BIOS supports boards that feature the ATMega328 or the ATMega2560 microcontrollers. That includes the Arduino Uno, Nano, Pro Mini and Mega 2560 boards.

But I wasn't sure if others like the ATmega32U4 were also supported. Thanks!

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

hello , i have a question about dcs bios and multiple airframe, as i own several planes in dcs i don't want to build 50 cockpits, so is it possible to build a switch box that would work with multiple airframe ?

does dcs bios support mapping keybind, for example i press a switch and in game i get "control" + "T"

Hey Babok you sure can. hubscripts is what you want to checkout

https://dcs-bios.readthedocs.io/en/latest/hub-scripts.html

You can tell DCSBIOS to send a comman. then config hub scripts and load the approrpriate one to remap the commands to a different aircraft.

"Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way" (Gen. George Patton)

https://www.tekcreations.space

Do you have a ciruit design of the Caution panel using the max7219 that you can share him me?

Regards,

Snowman_one

Gary Argue II

“De Oppresso Liber” — "To Free the Oppressed."

email: gargue@gmail.com

I am a Dyslexic and Disabled. So if you can't read something i wrote email me and write some back explaining and I'll get back to you.

So Now I have a lot of time to flight and learn. I fly FA-18c, AV-8a, F-15, A-10C and X-plane 777 and 737.

I Can't fly for real any more and can't work :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-18 ARRESTOR HOOK light

Hey guys, has anyone using DCS-BIOS wired up an Arrestor Hook light? I've hooked up LED's using DCS-BIOS for the APU run, Gear status indicators, flap status indicators, the entire Left Eyebrow and Right Eyebrow, and the Caution/Advisory panel with no issues, all function as one would expect. But for some reason the Hook indicator light is giving me issues.

Basically, it appears reversed. When the hook is in the up position and the light is off in game, the LED is lit, and when the hook is lowered the light turns off (and confirmed in the DCS-BIOS Virtual Cockpit with the value indicating 1 {ON} when the hook is up, and 0 {OFF} when hook is down). I've searched the forums for this issue and researched how to maybe change the code on this, but I have gotten nowhere. I was able to simply change the sketch code so that when it receives an OFF signal to turn on, and vice versa... but it's annoying as the light is always on anytime I'm not flying the Hornet with the hook up. Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks a ton in advance!

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...