Is in-flight icing modeled?

I'm wondering if in-flight icing, i.e., carburetor icing, jet inlet icing, wing icing, pitot-static sensor icing, is modeled in any of the ED or licensed third-party aircraft?

Coming from a background of general aviation flight sims (MS Flight Simulator, X-Plane), nearly all checklists for example remind the pilot to turn on pitot heat, though I don't see pitot heat referenced much in the DCS World aircraft checklists.

I understand that DCS World is first and foremost a sim dedicated to the military applications of aircraft, but alas the extraordinary detail given to their products only makes me hunger for more. :)

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5

The Mig21 also supports windscreen icing, but according to the developers it's disabled until the visual effects are sorted for DCS 2.0.

Really? Now that would be cool (excuse the pun).

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Pitot icing is in all the ASM level aircraft as far as I can tell...

"ASM level?" What's that?

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5

The Mig21 also supports windscreen icing, but according to the developers it's disabled until the visual effects are sorted for DCS 2.0.

Really? Now that would be cool (excuse the pun).

It's not fair of LNS not to give the pilot access to the de-icer for in flight refuelling ;):drink:

:drunk:

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Mig-21 also has icing implemented. DCS currently lacks of a visual representation but it is implemented.

Yeah something IL2 Cliffs of Dover has the windshield will ice up. Hopefully the Defog/Deicer will need to be used in DCSW 2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pitot icing is definitely in the Hog.

Yeah, and if anyone wants to test '"forget" to turn on pitot icing and fly up to 15k then dive. Your airspeed will indicate 50kias on the way down. Learned that the hard way more times than I care to admit.

Windscreen icing would be nice though.

Off topic; does the A-10C simulate any other icing issues? Like inlet or leading edge icing? Or is that something the A-10 just isnt as prone to for some reason.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Or is that something the A-10 just isnt as prone to for some reason.

EVERY plane IRL is prone to icing

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb