Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

May well be and F-16 although unlikely because of where it states "different aerodynamic configurations". This implies that there may be variable geometry wings involved; SU-24? Tornado?! :) Or maybe a MiG-23. Guess we'll have to find out when they are ready to tell us, either way.... I'm sure we will all be very happy with whatever they bring to DCS :)

...Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar

Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters

Far more complex avionic and computer systems than in the MiG-21

New and unique PFM features and aerodynamic configurations

New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution...

F-16C :thumbup:

F-16 Block 40/42's APG-68(V)1 model added full compatibility with Lockheed Martin Low-Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infra-Red for Night (LANTIRN) pods, and a high-PRF pulse-Doppler track mode to provide continuous-wave radar (CW) target illumination for semi-active radar-homing (SARH) missiles like the AIM-7 Sparrow.

The F-16 was the first production fighter aircraft intentionally designed to be slightly aerodynamically unstable, also known as "relaxed static stability" (RSS), to improve maneuverability.

And where do you fit the "new or unique methods of propulsion or force distrubution" on the F16?

I'd love to see my country's fighter in DCS too... But it sounds unlikely for now...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

And where do you fit the "new or unique methods of propulsion or force distrubution" on the F16?

I'd love to see my country's fighter in DCS too... But it sounds unlikely for now...

IMHO, to make "relaxed static stability" (RSS), LS will use "new or unique methods of propulsion or force distrubution" )))

BMS use HFFM (High Fidelity Flight Model) (1:25)

Edited by Sea Wings

80s - Great Time ...

IMHO, to make "relaxed static stability" (RSS), LS will use "new or unique methods of propulsion or force distrubution" )))

IMO RSS will not bring anything new to DCS as F18 has it IIRC and it is already being developed by ED...

I'd bet on thrust vectoring or something like that...

But I hope to see the F16 available too!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

I'm kind of surprised no one has worked on a DCS F-16 module by now. I would have thought it would have been at the top of the list. I'm most looking forward to the F-14. My fav by far. The F-18 will be a good module too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"new or unique methods of propulsion or force distrubution"

Mmm... Harrier?

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Not really since we already have aircraft with relaxed stability in DCS (Su-27). It's not something new in DCS.

Edited by RoflSeal

Well, it doesn't have to for it comes only for upcoming F-14 features btw)

Why do you really expect him to play the open card? Who would))) Nevertherless on what's been said I shall stay on my own opinion

Open card? Those hints still leave room for speculation and they don't apply to the F-14, because he said that:

We fully understand that it is frustrating to sit around and wait for an announcement of modules that are already so far into development; but I believe that you will all be very happy and very satisfied with the reveals coming up.

We have been extremely busy for a good reason, so prepare to have your jaws collectively drop. (Hopefully, anyways wink.gif )

As mentioned in a previous update, both of these aircraft (just like the F-14) have required us to develop new in-house technologies and components.

We have also continued our work over the past few months to mature our in-house tools for easier analysis and creation of FM and system components.

Most of these new technologies do however refer to in-game cockpit systems and avionics. Some have simply been time consuming, while others have been difficult in design, replication and implementation.

They include, but are not limited to for example;

• Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar

• Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters

• Custom shaders for enhanced visual fidelity (e.g. CRT Screen representation)

• Unique visual features (In-pilot customization, etc.)

• New audio cues and enhanced fidelity

• Far more complex avionic and computer systems than in the MiG-21

• New and unique PFM features and aerodynamic configurations

• New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution

The aircraft that fits best is the Saab Viggen.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Open card? Those hints still leave room for speculation and they don't apply to the F-14, because he said that:

The aircraft that fits best is the Saab Viggen.

Or a Tornado lol

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Or a Tornado lol

I don't think tuthe tornado has new methods os propulsion...

And I hope that none of the aircrafts is a 2 seater.... It is better when we don't depend on AI to fight properly...

The aircraft that fits the best on the description is the harrier... at least for me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think tuthe tornado has new methods os propulsion...

And I hope that none of the aircrafts is a 2 seater.... It is better when we don't depend on AI to fight properly...

The aircraft that fits the best on the description is the harrier... at least for me

The Tornado has the same new and unique method of propulsion as the Viggen: Thrust Reversing. That would be new and unique in DCS.

The Tornado does indeed fit pretty well to that list (maybe except "Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters") but it's already on VEAOs roadmap, so I doubt it. I would love it though, but since Leatherneck is also composed of mainly swedish members I think it's the Viggen. Especially since one of the Leatherneck guys has more or less confirmed that they are working on the Viggen for a while now: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140135&highlight=confirmed&page=117

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

If they put some ALARM on that Tornado, though... :music_whistling:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Alright, you guys got me :D

Hell, I would be so happy if they would make a Tornado, but it will still be a Viggen which I'm also interested in :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think it's safe to say a Viggen or a Tornado fit the bill, but to be honest, well all buy it no matter what it is! Lol LN have shown their skill in developing modules with the MIG21 and that's what everyone likes about them! So it's all good and can't wait to see what they have in store for us all.

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it's safe to say a Viggen or a Tornado fit the bill, but to be honest, well all buy it no matter what it is! Lol LN have shown their skill in developing modules with the MIG21 and that's what everyone likes about them! So it's all good and can't wait to see what they have in store for us all.

True :D

unless it's a Trainer...

Tornado3 small.jpg

True :D

unless it's a Trainer...

Ohh please no.

The last 3 modern planes to be released were trainers. We've done enough training, let's do some combat. :pilotfly:

Come on LN, tell us what it is and if it's still gonna be released in 2015! :)

Working hard and in serious overtime at present, both on upcoming products and MiG-21 bugs and fixes, thus some lengthy silence.

Tack, Cobra. We know you guys are working overtime, it's just that week-before-Christmas "WHAT'S IN THE BOX?" anxiety around here I think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]