Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Why not? The game lacks a capable Russian fighter. There are only the FC3 models and the Mig-21. a MiG-25PD or even a MiG-23 would definatly change what will be flown in MP. Especially for Servers like Buddyspike those would be beneficial. And i know a lot of people that buy modules just because of that server, for example the Mi-8, because on any other server its not that useful.

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

Why not? The game lacks a capable Russian fighter. There are only the FC3 models and the Mig-21. a MiG-25PD or even a MiG-23 would definatly change what will be flown in MP. Especially for Servers like Buddyspike those would be beneficial. And i know a lot of people that buy modules just because of that server, for example the Mi-8, because on any other server its not that useful.

You don't understand. What he means is, that what you say are just wishes and thus do not belong in this thread. They belong in a wishlist thread, which this one is not. This is a speculation thread and is there to speculate what might be the next aircraft made by Letherneck. Speculation has to be based on facts, not on wishes. The Zero is a likely candidate. I would also prefer a MiG-25, but atm nothing points to it beeing the next LNS aircraft (after the Viggen, F-4U and F-14).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

or you don't understand: he gave reasons why a mig-23 might be an attractive model to develop for.

These speculation threads aren't really any more useful than the wishlist threads. And, for the record, if it was based on facts it wouldn't be speculation.

spec·u·la·tion

ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/

noun

the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

How can you discuss a new aircraft, if none has already appeared? sorry

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

How can you discuss a new aircraft, if none has already appeared? sorry

By assuming that the company has a long term plan and actually has shown work on some radial engined aircraft that is supposedly a Japanese plane, an enemy to the Venerable F4U-1D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Mig-25PD, Mig-23MLD, Su-15, Tu-128, Su-22M3, Mig-27, Su-24

Edited by strelok2014

Wish list:

-> MiG-3, MiG-9, MiG-17F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, MiG-25PD, MiG-29K, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24M, Su-27SM3, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-35S, Yak-3, La-7

-> Me.262, F-4D/E Phantom II, F-100 Super Sabre, F-104 Starfighter, Mirage III, Mirage F1, Saab 35 Draken, Saab JAS 39 Gripen, IAI Kfir

As it's been leaked that they are making the corsair and therefore LN sims are getting involved with WW2 aircraft, I can't help but think a Mosquito would be perfect for them down the line. They are obviously adapt at making strike aircraft.:thumbup:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

As it's been leaked that they are making the corsair and therefore LN sims are getting involved with WW2 aircraft, I can't help but think a Mosquito would be perfect for them down the line. They are obviously adapt at making strike aircraft.:thumbup:

Mosquito is very unlikely, since they stated, that they want to do an entire Pacific theatre with maps, aircrafts and ground units ;)

A Zero is more likely.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I want to see how many people on here would acually be interested in a MiG-25 (thinking the MiG-31 would be a "little" bit hard to get data on atm..).

And if you would like one in-game, what model would it be?

I tought i would bring my topic here because i think leatherneck did an amazing job on making the MiG-21, and i really hope they keep bringing us some good old russian aircrafts to (try) to fly. :joystick:

i love having lot's of buttons to press :D

For now i would love a Mig 25.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

I still think that reusability of assets from existing LN planes could be a factor for new planes. A MiG-23 (for example) of a certain vintage could re-use loads of stuff from the MiG-21.

If those are re-usable that is. The MiG-21 was LN's first project, maybe the software isn't quite up to the standards that allow to port parts of it easily.

With their experience making the two seater F-14 I think the F-4E would be the obvious next choice :) But I'm far from sure LNS have any plans for this aircraft, so far they seem to have their eyes on WW2 aircraft after the Viggen & F-14 are done.

If anyone does the F-4E I would hope for an Early F-4E and a late F-4E modified with ARN-101... and an F-4G Wild Weasel V to go with that too for some hunter/killer SEAD action:thumbup:.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

If anyone does the F-4E I would hope for an Early F-4E and a late F-4E modified with ARN-101... and an F-4G Wild Weasel V to go with that too for some hunter/killer SEAD action:thumbup:.

As Hummingbird said: So far there are no indications that they will do an F-4. Besides the three known aircraft which they're working on, we only know that they want to do a full WW2 Pacific theater and we have some hints from Rudel which point towards a zero or something like that.

Tornado3 small.jpg

As Hummingbird said: So far there are no indications that they will do an F-4. Besides the three known aircraft which they're working on, we only know that they want to do a full WW2 Pacific theater and we have some hints from Rudel which point towards a zero or something like that.

This. I've no idea why people are going "F4!", "Something Russian!" etc... when LN have dropped fairly decent hints as to the rough area of aviation their next unannounced airplane is likely to be.