Mouse Y axis (or z) for thrust

I am trying to figure out how to get the Y axis on the mouse to work for thrust. So far, I have changed the input LUA at the following directory: DCS World>Mods>Aircraft>SU27>Input>Mouse

I added this line: {combos = {{key = 'MOUSE_Y'}}, action = iCommandPlaneThrustCommon, name = _('Thrust')},

However, all it is able to do is: from 0% thrust to 50% thrust. OR. From 100% thrust to 50% thrust via moving the mouse up (or) down.

My theory is that the game registers the thrust axis differently than the view vertical axis.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the game to register the thrust axis the same way that the View Vertical axis registers.

nice try solidus :thumbup: keep it up

I was always wondering if there is way how to map throttle to mouse scroll wheel (Z-axis?) via this LUA scripting. But I didnt have much spare time to investigate.

What I am using now is PPJoy virtual joystick for this. I think this will work also for the Y axis, but it is not so much elegant solution.

It will be great if anybody can advise/suggest something here.

One other option could be AutoHotkey scripting I suppose (at least there is a way how to use joystick as a mouse. I found it lately on web but I didnt have chance to try it as I am struggling for some spare time atm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...