The Ka-50 Black Shark thread

About mobile troops, I wonder if it might be a cpu hit ala IL2. In that sim I once created an online coop mission where the Allied objective was to intercept two flights of Ju-52 troop transports before they could reach the drop zone. Well, the interception failed (largely), and when the troops jumped it created a slide show with so many paratroops in the air. Each troop landed then ran a short distance and dove to the ground

So modelling active troops may be a huge cpu hit.

I can see it now: Minimum specs to enable active ground troops: core2 duo 2.4ghz processor; recommended cpu: Penryn 2.8-overclocked to 6.5ghz with liqiiud nitrogen cooling, and 2000mhz FSB! :D

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@GA

Did ED sign off on what you were allowed to put in, say, Edge? Cuz, given their stated desire not to "promise" things, and then disappoint, I can't believe they would allow in-game footage of infantry and then not deliver. I almost fainted when I saw that...If they backed off it now, how could I not be crestfallen? I'm just sayin'...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Non gameplay movies

i hear you cornbread. its like seeing an add about a porshe then being delivered a vw bug, and being told, 'well, i know its not exactly the same as in the add, but both are german cars'. ED keeps talking about 'not wanting to disappoint' and making the product great, but they could have released it twice in the time ive been following this. lets get the show on the road already.

I don't even need them to move... Just stand there and look pretty ;)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Showing whatever you want

G.A.

thats great if you have been empowered to show 'whatever you want' in your videos. its just that its misleading when you describe it as a 'black shark' video. others such as myself are prone to have believed that this is footage from the software we have been so looking forward too.

• ED Team
G.A.

thats great if you have been empowered to show 'whatever you want' in your videos. its just that its misleading when you describe it as a 'black shark' video. others such as myself are prone to have believed that this is footage from the software we have been so looking forward too.

The video was created using "Black Shark" and thus i can state this really is Black Shark.

Of course, beeing me, i did some touchups, such as (for EDGE):

- Darker colors and some tint

- Lens Flares

- Camera shake

- Added clouds

- Added muzzle flash for some units

- Added blood

- Added dust beeing kicked up by bullets

- Blur

- Touch up of 1 explosion (chopper crashing into ground as camera flies through it)

- Sounds (although the in-cockpit sounds are from the game)

And i also use a "mod" (sort of) to make the KA-50 sound exactly like it does in the movie :) (recordings of real KA-50)

But thats just my own preference.

And besides those small "touchups", what you see is what you will play, as far as current beta goes (the one i used to make the movie).

Also, the munitions screen has been redesigned and will now be a more military-style front view of the aircraft.

How will we be able to preview skins/cammo then?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer