The Ka-50 Black Shark thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure that would be realistic?

No, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere...

Anyway, I can confirm that the release interval between the eight compartments is selectable.

It would seem to follow that the electronics may be the same and that the count as well as the interval would be selectable using the same in cockpit systems.

In anycase having a version with a larger interval would be useful for the Kamov (given its lower speed and altitude)

I had the same idea tonight O_o......

This could be fantastic, using the rotaries instead of any joy button or keyboard function.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

No, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere...

Anyway, I can confirm that the release interval between the eight compartments is selectable.

It would seem to follow that the electronics may be the same and that the count as well as the interval would be selectable using the same in cockpit systems.

In anycase having a version with a larger interval would be useful for the Kamov (given its lower speed and altitude)

The KMGU problem may be similar to the Igla-V/R-73 problem, which is that there is no info on how this would work in the real helicopter, if at all. ED is reluctant to invent things which aren't really there. A while a go, they said that if they decide to include the KMGU and bombs into the payload, the only way to aim would be via the CETKA mode, as there is nothing in the cockpit or WCS specific to such operations. The information wasn't final and may change.

Would it be possible to link the two ABRIS's rotaries with the two X-52PRO's without-end rotaries? I think rotate ABRIS's rotaries by mouse can be a little hard in combat :noexpression:
Currently, the ABRIS rotaries can be assigned as buttons, but I'll forward your request. In any case, I don't think you should worry about having to use the rotaries in combat. For the vast majority, they are only used in pre-flight operations if you want to edit the route. In flight, the most typical operations on the ABRIS are switching the display pages, scaling the map and cycling steerpoints, all of which are done with the push-buttons.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

It's the MFD at the right side of the main instrument panel, the center position is for the Shkval TV display. There are no other MFD's.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Can ABRIS and Shkval TV systems view be exported thru lua? This is very important for cockpit builders.

I'm affraid not, because lua scripts work with text data - not images. Simulator needs native support for 2nd monitor which could be set to display Shkval TV system only.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team

We probably can export SHKVAL data via shared memory like bitmap , but ABRIS cannot be exported like solid object .

for cockpit builders may be usefull using HUD only feature , in BS ABRIS and SHKVAL available in hud-only with ability to ajust size and position ( simply if you have 3 monitors (via triplehead2go for example) you can ajust SHKVAL position for laying in left screen , ABRIS in right and center as primary view )

ScreenShot_003.thumb.jpg.28ea7f9e81f664dc61106f3b2b8a599d.jpg

• Like 1
sigpic2354_5.gif

Hi again!! I'm coming with a new question for yours.

cockpit1full.jpg

That's EKRAN, I can remember.

Can you tell more about that? It's some kind of malfunction or damage indicator? Would it be more complete than actually in LOFC? Could we have an "English" version of that?

Thanks!

Regards

Yes, the EKRAN is a diagnostic and warning system that continuosly recieves data from the entire helicopter. In BS it's modelled in it's full potenital, nothing to do with the one in FC.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

for cockpit builders may be usefull using HUD only feature , in BS ABRIS and SHKVAL available in hud-only with ability to ajust size and position ( simply if you have 3 monitors (via triplehead2go for example) you can ajust SHKVAL position for laying in left screen , ABRIS in right and center as primary view )

nice, thanks for the information, this stuff is good to know.

especially for th2go owners :)

Hi again!! I'm coming with a new question for yours.

Could we have an "English" version of that?

Thanks!

Regards

NO! It's only in russian language!

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

OOH! OOH! I got a question, having watched that BS video where an onboard mission map is receiving waypoints prior to takeoff. I wonder if, with an attacking flight of four Black Sharks, each has to input that same info, or is there a data link where the final flight plan can be shared? How does that work online if someone plans a mission, and waypoints for a flight of four (say he gets shot down)?

Hey ViperVJG73, that's quite a system you have there. What power supply does that baby have?

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

OOH! OOH! I got a question, having watched that BS video where an onboard mission map is receiving waypoints prior to takeoff. I wonder if, with an attacking flight of four Black Sharks, each has to input that same info, or is there a data link where the final flight plan can be shared? How does that work online if someone plans a mission, and waypoints for a flight of four (say he gets shot down)?

AFAIK, the datalink does not include ABRIS data.

There is a way to pass position data, but only a single point - not a flightplan.

How you deal with that in terms of approach to target is up to you.

The data link it mostly used to exchange target data part of which contains navigation data (target's coordinates) and is displayed at the ABRIS.

=RvE=

what's a rotorhead to do?

The data link it mostly used to exchange target data part of which contains navigation data (target's coordinates) and is displayed at the ABRIS.

I can see where the manual is going to be a very close friend of mine for quite some time. I'm a rotorhead in spirit mainly these days, having never conquered Longbow2 to my satisfaction. But if I can learn the ABRIS (what's that stand for again?) I know Black Shark won't sit on the shelf.;)

Anyone think the Black Shark will ever develope a radar dome similar to the Apache Lonbow version? I mean there's a bit of advantage, imho, to revealing as little of the aircraft as possible while scanning for targets. I think that would mean a whole new weapons suite ala fire-and-forget, but the idea of sitting there exposed for the whole world to see is a bit daunting. Of course I'm just blowing smoke here. Maybe it does not take long to unmask, lock on a target, fire, hold target lock until impact then duck for cover? anyone care to give that idea a spin?

don't hate!

Flyby out

ps hovering there waiting for impact does seem to have an appealing pucker factor though!:lol:

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry: