TAD for DCS F-15C

ergn

Hi,

When I play in the F-15C, my situational awareness is horrible. For improvement, I developed a simple TAD view.

It includes a PC application and an (optional) Android application. Android application uses a service similar to Apple's bonjour, so no IP configuration is required.

I do not consider this as cheating, because I think the real F-15 has some kind of TAD :).

All the details are in github page.

For convenience, I also uploaded binaries to DCS website.

The app has nothing specific to F-15, so it can potentially run with all modules, but for some reason DCS api does not export proper routes.

I also confirm the script does not break Tacview.

--Update 0.2.2

* Easier integration with existing export scripts.

* Right-click drag to resize window.

--Update 0.2.1

* Remove destroyed aircraft from the view.

* Added exception handling to export script.

--Update 0.2.0

* Added allied flights to TAD view

dcstad.thumb.jpg.21dafa833a82371c379eabfa0e393c3b.jpg

Edited by ergn
New version info
  • Like 2

Hi ergn,

great work! Thank you very much for your effort.

Do you plan to import a datalink (the ability to see other clients) function, too?

Best regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi ergn,

great work! Thank you very much for your effort.

Do you plan to import a datalink (the ability to see other clients) function, too?

Best regards,

Fire

I can only imagine how great the F15C would be in this game with a fully functional TAD....or something even close.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I've always wondered where I can get the image on the right.

Is there a way for me to access the one on the right on my virtual cockpit rather than exporting it ?

It gives tremendous amount of SA as an F-15C operator can figure out where exactly he is in relation to the waypoints via visual cues.

I've always wondered where I can get the image on the right.

Is there a way for me to access the one on the right on my virtual cockpit rather than exporting it ?

It gives tremendous amount of SA as an F-15C operator can figure out where exactly he is in relation to the waypoints via visual cues.

It is a separate borderless window, it is included in the package.

What I meant is... without the use of the app... or any exporting... I want to be able to access the same screen (the one on the right). On my virtual F-15C cockpit (meaning on my main screen). Because clearly; I've never seen that screen before. Nowhere on any of the displays on the F-15C

*screenshot attached for reference.

TL;DR

I want to have the image on the right (the one with the navpoints shown) On any (or possibly on the left MFD) of my F-15 virtual cockpit.

FC3-2.thumb.jpg.5a32919982ef9b026bca97b5e6764dea.jpg

What I meant is... without the use of the app... or any exporting... I want to be able to access the same screen (the one on the right). On my virtual F-15C cockpit (meaning on my main screen). Because clearly; I've never seen that screen before. Nowhere on any of the displays on the F-15C

*screenshot attached for reference.

TL;DR

I want to have the image on the right (the one with the navpoints shown) On any (or possibly on the left MFD) of my F-15 virtual cockpit.

That display is not a part of the F-15 module, and without any exporting I doubt it is possible. You can display the window on the main screen, (instead of second monitor) but it will be an overlay and will not follow head movements.

Here's an idea:

If you could somehow put the map behind all of this that would make it even better. I think there are probably ways to sync them so they work appropriately, but I'm not sure how :)

Once you got that you could add other points of interests such as airfields, bullseye, etc.

Great ergn!!! Finally an android application!

@blaze: You cannot export the bullseye or the airports...it is a limit of the export.lua..

To solve the problem, some time ago I developed a pseudo-cdu for FC3. You can insert the BE coordinates and it shows the bearing and the range in real time, and some other information.

If you understand italian you can download it here: http://www.36stormovirtuale.net/Forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=qt4r1revmvkeisromv39fh5u26&topic=16883.0

Ergn if you want you can use my export file which contains various info about the coordinates of the airports ;)

Fletto i muscoli...e sono nel vuoto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi ERGN, can you help me to merge your export with a helios export, please? I'm not so good with LUA and I have multiple things that need an export.lua now.

I realised that requirement when I saw scripts from Tacview and @LowLee

I updated the package and original post. It should be much easier now. Just copy line from Export.lua to the end of your Export.lua. Details are in the readme file.

I haven't used helios, so I didn't test with it. I guess you will be the first to test compatibility :).

Edited by ergn

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hi ergn,

could you add a function, which export waypoints from other (ground)units?

So, we could visualize our own waypoints (for a CAP for instance) and other (used as FAOR). That would be great!

Kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi ergn,

could you add a function, which export waypoints from other (ground)units?

So, we could visualize our own waypoints (for a CAP for instance) and other (used as FAOR). That would be great!

Kind regards,

Fire

Hi,

I checked the API functions, but could not find any data about waypoints of other objects. It is possible to add friendly ground unit positions as dots or small squares but the performance may begin to drop while exporting large number of objects.

Ergn

I cannot find the following file:

Only PC application

• Modify dcstad\settings.gradle file and remove , ':androidapp' part.

Where is the settings.gradle file located?

What do you do with the _MACOSX folder?

Note that I am not using any android equipment.

Thanks

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Ergn

I cannot find the following file:

Only PC application

• Modify dcstad\settings.gradle file and remove , ':androidapp' part.

Where is the settings.gradle file located?

What do you do with the _MACOSX folder?

Note that I am not using any android equipment.

Thanks

Thise instructions are required only if you are building from the source. If you downloaded the package from the github releases page, you should follow those instructions. If you downloaded from the DCS website, that only includes compiled jars and you can follow the instructions in the readme file inside the package.

• Like 1