Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

On 12/22/2020 at 4:39 PM, thornx said:

Hi everybody. We experienced a strange Bug(?) in TacView. Our Server uses RealTime Telemetry and the playback delay is set to 0.

When we debrief the flights, some of the players have a 10-minute delay, some not.

Maybe it is correlated to the Version:

• User WITH a 10-minute delay all uses TacView Advanced (3 User)
  • User WITHOUT a 10-minute delay uses Tacview Standard or Free (6 User)

When a user WITHOUT a playback delay upload his acmi File - and the user WITH the playback delay uses this file > the delay is gone.

When a user WITH a playback delay upload his acmi File - and the User WITHOUT the playback delay uses this file > 10 Minute delay.

1.  Is this related to a setting in DCS? (Didn't found anything related in Special > TacView)
  2. Or is related to the Version (Bug)?

I think (!), this is new since the latest DCS Update. Because old files (before the update) dont have a playback delay.

In Tacview 1.8.5 the DCS Exporter is completely revamped so the options have changed. 

The new options are as follows - you may need to copy-paste this into your options.lua if you have a dedicated server. 

["Tacview"] = {
            ["tacviewAutoDiscardFlights"] = 10,
            ["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 2,
            ["tacviewDebugMode"] = 0,
            ["tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewModuleEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient"] = 1,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 2,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword"] = "",
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
            ["tacviewRemoteControlEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
            ["tacviewSinglePlayerFlights"] = 2,
            ["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,

In order to implement a 10-minute delay, simply disable real-time telemetry:

["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = false,

Or, if you want to implement a 10-minute delay but you want certain people to be able to connect to real-time telemetry using a password, enable real-time telemetry but with a password:

["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword"] = "password",

If you want to allow no 10-minute delay for everyone, do this:

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 6:28 AM, Comrade Doge said:

Hello, I seem to have an issue with tacview and a DCS server, despite telling tacview to save the files in a location, it saves them in another no matter what I do. I also mention that for some reason I have 2 tacview installs, one beta and one not beta, I'm not sure if that has any effect. I will attach pictures to show the tacview settings, and the tacview logs showing that it still saves to the wrong location. I want it to save into a Onedrive folder, but it keeps saving in a Google drive folder. Should I reinstall tacview? Should I have the server closed before changing that setting? Help would be much appreciated. 

tacview installs.png

tacview logs.png

tacview settings.png

Hi,

I can confirm there are 2 separate installs for Tacview beta and stable. Now you may be using the stable version since it came out most recently, whereas you may have been using the beta for quite a while before that. So make sure that you have gone into each of the 2 installs and selected your desired ACMI Files Recording Folder.

On 12/29/2020 at 5:15 PM, BuzyBee said:

In Tacview 1.8.5 the DCS Exporter is completely revamped so the options have changed. 

The new options are as follows - you may need to copy-paste this into your options.lua if you have a dedicated server. 

["Tacview"] = {

Or, if you want to implement a 10-minute delay but you want certain people to be able to connect to real-time telemetry using a password, enable real-time telemetry but with a password:

Thank you ... Worked! 🙂

I'm having the same problem as Tricky11.  I also do not have the above script in my export .lua file.  Inserting the above script fixed the problem for me.

Edited by Strong05

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

On 12/29/2020 at 11:15 AM, BuzyBee said:

["Tacview"] = {

I copied this into the server options lua file and I still get the 10 minute delay.  Frankly, I've never been able to get rid of this, and the documentation for setting up tacview on a server is sub-par.  Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated.

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

On 12/29/2020 at 6:21 PM, BuzyBee said:

Hi,

I can confirm there are 2 separate installs for Tacview beta and stable. Now you may be using the stable version since it came out most recently, whereas you may have been using the beta for quite a while before that. So make sure that you have gone into each of the 2 installs and selected your desired ACMI Files Recording Folder.

I did exactly that, both the beta and the stable have the right location selected, but it still puts them in the wrong place. I am curious where is the config file which tells tacview where to put the files, maybe that's corrupt or hasn't been updated with the new location?

• 2 weeks later...

Please see attached screenshots.

I have IAS selected for both selected and unselected aircraft.  The IAS icon doesn't show for the Red.  Happens with both the JF-17 and Hornet.

Oddly, CAS and TAS will show, just not IAS.

Not sure if its a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.

-Wraith

object_labels.jpg

selected.jpg

unselected.jpg

Hi Guys I'm having a brain fart kinda day. I'm running Tacview on my servers and almost everything is working correctly however when the program/plugin saves tracks on the server its saving it as a full file and not an individual file for each user. Now I run these instances as dedicated servers WITHOUT GPU's in them, so whereas i would normally just enable the option to "create file for each client" in the tac view options in game, I'm unable to do this on my servers , is there a way to enable this feature via lua in option.lua or something ? thanweirdly and ks in advance.

Martin

Heres my options.lua as you can see the tacviewRecordClientsSessionEnabled is set to True however the files that the server prodices are named weirdly and they dont appear in a seperate folder for each user:

["Tacview"] = {
            ["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = true,

The files are names like this : Tacview-20210124-115321-DCS-Operation Clear Field v123 CTLD.zip and as mentioned previously they are not stored in a folder of the individual user/pilot/client.

Edited by Badass1982

I've got the same problem as @Badass1982.

Without any other change to the server, and specially no change to the options.lua config file, Tacview stopped saving one file per client but instead saves server files.

It seems that this coincides with our updating of Tacview to 1.8.5

Anyone with the same problem ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

On 1/2/2021 at 12:47 PM, Florence201 said:

Can you add bookmarks to an already finalised TV file for debriefing purposes?

Yes, use the star icon below the playback control bar to add a bookmark. I attached a screenshot to demonstrate.

Insert Bookmark.png

On 1/5/2021 at 8:56 PM, Strong05 said:

I copied this into the server options lua file and I still get the 10 minute delay.  Frankly, I've never been able to get rid of this, and the documentation for setting up tacview on a server is sub-par.  Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated.

Can you please share your dcs.log of the server and the client?

On 1/9/2021 at 7:02 AM, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

Why can't my tacview open any tacview.ZIP files ? 
Only the .txt files work

Do you get an error message when trying to open a zip file? Can you please share an example of an zip file which Tacview will not open?

Edited by BuzyBee
Formatting

On 1/23/2021 at 1:18 PM, Badass1982 said:

Hi Guys I'm having a brain fart kinda day. I'm running Tacview on my servers and almost everything is working correctly however when the program/plugin saves tracks on the server its saving it as a full file and not an individual file for each user. Now I run these instances as dedicated servers WITHOUT GPU's in them, so whereas i would normally just enable the option to "create file for each client" in the tac view options in game, I'm unable to do this on my servers , is there a way to enable this feature via lua in option.lua or something ? thanweirdly and ks in advance.

Martin

Heres my options.lua as you can see the tacviewRecordClientsSessionEnabled is set to True however the files that the server prodices are named weirdly and they dont appear in a seperate folder for each user:

["Tacview"] = {

The files are names like this : Tacview-20210124-115321-DCS-Operation Clear Field v123 CTLD.zip and as mentioned previously they are not stored in a folder of the individual user/pilot/client.

On 1/25/2021 at 2:17 AM, davidp57 said:

I've got the same problem as @Badass1982.

Without any other change to the server, and specially no change to the options.lua config file, Tacview stopped saving one file per client but instead saves server files.

It seems that this coincides with our updating of Tacview to 1.8.5

Anyone with the same problem ?

Set ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 3, that's "Record one flight per client":

Record one file per client.png

Edited by BuzyBee
Include screenshot, formatting
  • Like 2

On 1/6/2021 at 5:56 AM, Comrade Doge said:

I did exactly that, both the beta and the stable have the right location selected, but it still puts them in the wrong place. I am curious where is the config file which tells tacview where to put the files, maybe that's corrupt or hasn't been updated with the new location?

Good idea - it is in the Registry Key Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Raia Software Inc. - look for TacviewExportPath

On 1/26/2021 at 8:25 PM, BuzyBee said:

Set ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 3, that's "Record one flight per client":

I've set the option and will report back later.

Thanks !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

On 1/5/2021 at 8:56 PM, Strong05 said:

I just thought of something else - please make sure Tacview is installed on the host. If it's not, there will be a 10-minute delay regardless. There should be a Tacview folder at Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Mods\tech\ and Tacview files at Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts\ and Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts\Hooks\. If they are not there try running the installer again or manually copy the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\DCS\ (Mods and Scripts folder) to Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\ . If you have other add-ons using the Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Scripts\Export.lua file, be careful not to overwrite it - just make sure the Tacview line is in there:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
On 1/27/2021 at 9:25 PM, Badass1982 said:

Hmm curious @BuzyBeeIt seems to only be saving tac view files for my client now, not other people who jump on the server!

That's odd. Can you please share your dcs.log of the server?

Edited by BuzyBee
typo

Here is my latest log. I just had a friend check and sure enough he was on my server and showing up in the web gui but as soon as i checked the tac files folder he has no tac file!

Here is my log file.

dcs.log

The files are being stored on the clients PC , but that obviously has nothing to do with why the server isn't recording them though.

Well that's strange. The guy I had testing it (Viper) didn't get any tac file created but then two other guys just joined and it created a tac file in each of their names)

Hmmmm

Edited by Badass1982

On 1/26/2021 at 8:12 PM, BuzyBee said:

Yes, use the star icon below the playback control bar to add a bookmark. I attached a screenshot to demonstrate.

Insert Bookmark.png

Do you get an error message when trying to open a zip file? Can you please share an example of an zip file which Tacview will not open?

I was getting error messages indeed. 
However it seems to have resolved itself. 
I think it was a server-export-compression-something setting, because the newer tacfiles are working without problem. 

On 12/29/2020 at 5:15 PM, BuzyBee said:

["Tacview"] = {

Hey, thanks for the info. Two questions:

1. Installing TacView 1.8.5 on the ded Server didn't auto-update the options.lua. Is that behavior intended / expected or an issue on my particular server only?
  2. Could the documentation on https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/User_Guide_–_DCS_World be updated with more details - especially the section "Using Tacview with DCS World Dedicated Server"?
    For example:
    > Instead of just a mapping to GUI table a table with values expected to set up a certain behavior - for example when does it need 0/1 or true/false?
    > What effect does "tacviewBookmarkShortcut" have on a dedicated server with the value 0, 1 - or 2 as mentioned in your post above?
    > What effect would "tacviewRemoteControlEnabled" have on a dedicated server?

Thanks in advance for the support and the amazing product 🙂

Best regards

On 1/29/2021 at 6:02 PM, Badass1982 said:

Here is my latest log. I just had a friend check and sure enough he was on my server and showing up in the web gui but as soon as i checked the tac files folder he has no tac file!

Here is my log file.

dcs.log 312.64 kB · 1 download

The files are being stored on the clients PC , but that obviously has nothing to do with why the server isn't recording them though.

Well that's strange. The guy I had testing it (Viper) didn't get any tac file created but then two other guys just joined and it created a tac file in each of their names)

Hmmmm

It is a known bug, which we have not been able to reproduce, that sometimes the first client to join the server does not get their own file. Other users have reported that as a workaround, they join their own server after launching it, then disconnect. Then all subsequent clients are recorded.

We will take another careful look at this to see if we can't find a solution. We are not sure if this is a DCS bug or a Tacview bug.

EDIT: Thank you for the log, it is very interesting because it clearly shows Viper joining the server but no ACMI file being generated. This will help our investigation.

Edited by BuzyBee

I am trying to get rid of the 10 min delay on my dedicated server. 

in C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server\Config\options

i got: 

Zitat

{
        ["Tacview"] = {
        }, -- end of ["Tacview"]
    }, -- end of ["plugins"]

but still i and other clients have the 10 min delay. 

also, when i tried to change these lines from what is was originally 
the entire options.lua would rewrite itself deleting most of it > server not starting properly. 
so atm the file is read-only. 

can anyone help me ?