Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

At the moment I can center one a/c. Is it possible to have a Tacview option to centre the highlighted pair please? I'd like to left-click one a/c, then right-click a second a/c, and have the green line centered in the view. So, the mid point of the green line is centered. Possible??

Thanks.

Edited by Kula66

F-14 AOA

Hello Vyrtuoz,

I previously flagged this issue, but it appears to be still present.

Currently using TACVIEW 1.8.3

The F-14 uses AOA measure of "UNITS" which does not equal degrees. There is a mathematical correlation however.

A primary reference for measuring performance is of course the AOA indicator in the aircraft.

Tacview AOA recordings do not match this instrument.

I set up a test, flying the Tomcat in ISA Conditions at 50,000lb in approach configuration:

Wings 20, Flaps 35, DLC Engaged - neutral, speed brake extended, gear down.

Carefully maintaining 15 UNITS AOA yielded an IAS of approximately 132KIAS

Tactvew recording showed AOA as 10.0. This may very well be the accurate number in degrees, however for the F-14 - that is quite meaningless.

The F-14 needs to have AOA shown in UNITS.

Im not sure if this issue was initially resolved and then later returned, or if it has always been like that.

In any case, I am requesting F-14 AOA be shown as UNITS per cockpit instrumentation/flight manual data.

Many thanks for such a fine product.

Very Respectfully

Dave

Is TacView slowing down things on busy servers?

We haven't heard any reports of Tacview slowing down busy servers. If it is happening please let us know!

However, Tacview can slow down the client's computer by up to 10% on very busy missions so some people are disabling the export on their computer while playing online to save precious FPS. In that case the server (with some change of options) can take care of recording the client's .acmi file.

We haven't heard any reports of Tacview slowing down busy servers. If it is happening please let us know!

However, Tacview can slow down the client's computer by up to 10% on very busy missions so some people are disabling the export on their computer while playing online to save precious FPS. In that case the server (with some change of options) can take care of recording the client's .acmi file.

Thanks!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

At the moment I can center one a/c. Is it possible to have a Tacview option to centre the highlighted pair please? I'd like to left-click one a/c, then right-click a second a/c, and have the green line centered in the view. So, the mid point of the green line is centered. Possible??

Thanks.

Try "Dogfight Mode", the button with the icon of two aircraft between the between the selected objects drop-down menus. See attachment:

580763427_DogfightMode.thumb.png.7051bc0559dee70f55a1b3b278ede2c9.png

The F-14 uses AOA measure of "UNITS" which does not equal degrees. There is a mathematical correlation however.

A primary reference for measuring performance is of course the AOA indicator in the aircraft.

Tacview AOA recordings do not match this instrument.

In a flight in DCS with an F-14, you can see the AOA units for the local aircraft in the Raw Telemetry window.

Open a Raw Telemetry window by going to Analysis -> Raw Telemetry 1

Also we created an add-on "AOA Indicator" for F-14's which displays the cockpit AOA indicator for the local aircraft.

Enable it by going to Add-ons -> Enable/Disable Add-Ons -> Display AOA in Units 1.8.0 then activate it by going to Add-ons -> AOA Indicator -> Display AOA in Units

See screenshot attached:

1089074303_AOAUnits.thumb.png.3471067bb9f6d3cc7e743190ad898485.png

Question: is it possible to display (for a lack of a better term) one way closure? So rather than combined closure, the closure, but taking into account only one object (e.g, an airplanes closure to a missile, but only taking into account the planes closure, not the missiles).

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Question: is it possible to display (for a lack of a better term) one way closure? So rather than combined closure, the closure, but taking into account only one object (e.g, an airplanes closure to a missile, but only taking into account the planes closure, not the missiles).

Isn't that just the airspeed?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Isn't that just the airspeed?

To clarify: Im looking for the aircrafts TAS in a particular direction (in this case, the bearing to the secondary object). So if im at 90° to the secondary object it would be zero. If i am head on is = to my TAS.

Also question (im extremely new to this stuff): can calculated values, (specifically the relative bearing), be accessed in an addon? If so, how?

Edited by dundun92

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Try "Dogfight Mode", the button with the icon of two aircraft between the between the selected objects drop-down menus. See attachment:

Thanks BuzyBee ... I think that's the mode I normally use and it centres me, but the other a/c is off to the side. I've tried various options under that dropdown.

I was looking to use this primarily on BVR replays and I'd ideally like the green line between the 2 a/c centred so I was about a 1/4 of a screen from the left and the other a/c was a 1/4 screen from the right edge - hope that makes sense!

To clarify: Im looking for the aircrafts TAS in a particular direction (in this case, the bearing to the secondary object). So if im at 90° to the secondary object it would be zero. If i am head on is = to my TAS. Also question (im extremely new to this stuff): can calculated values, (specifically the relative bearing), be accessed in an addon? If so, how?

Calculated values can't be accessed in an add-on unless there is a helper function that has been added to the SDK, like for example

Tacview.Telemetry.GetTurnRate( objectHandle , absoluteTime )

There is no helper function for Relative Bearing currently. It is possible to calculate it (and any other calculated value) manually with the existing functions in the SDK. It is also possible to calculate relative rate of closure as you described above, using the SDK.

I will add the following items to our to-do list:

• Add option to display "relative rate of closure"
  • Add to the SDK a helper function to get relative bearing.

But it might take us a while to implement that, so if you are in a rush you may want to work with the SDK :)

Thanks BuzyBee ... I think that's the mode I normally use and it centres me, but the other a/c is off to the side. I've tried various options under that dropdown.

I was looking to use this primarily on BVR replays and I'd ideally like the green line between the 2 a/c centred so I was about a 1/4 of a screen from the left and the other a/c was a 1/4 screen from the right edge - hope that makes sense!

Make sure that

• You are in External View (F6)
  • You have clicked on the 2-airplane button to activate it so that the aircraft are showing red and blue
  • In the drop-down menu of the 2-aircraft button, Centered is chosed
  • Both aircraft are selected, one as primary object and one as secondary object

Then a green line will appear and the middle of the green line will be centered as you move around, as demonstrated it this screenshot:

Dogfight.thumb.png.4fca94585f8cbbc22bbe3a124e83f0b0.png

Polish language not working. No problems to switch other languages.

Is there a way to change a bookmark name?

Would be nice to have 2-3 different bookmarks.

I tested out the Polish language on my machine and it seems to be working. Make sure after switching languages that you close and re-launch Tacview. Can you send a screenshot?

There is no functionality to edit the name of a bookmark but here's a workaround:

• Pause the playback
  • Open the flight log
  • Double-click on a bookmark (bringing the paused playback to the bookmarked location)
  • Insert a new bookmark with the desired name (using the Star Icon on the bottom of the screen)
  • Delete the old bookmark

Calculated values can't be accessed in an add-on unless there is a helper function that has been added to the SDK, like for example
Tacview.Telemetry.GetTurnRate( objectHandle , absoluteTime )

There is no helper function for Relative Bearing currently. It is possible to calculate it (and any other calculated value) manually with the existing functions in the SDK. It is also possible to calculate relative rate of closure as you described above, using the SDK.

I will add the following items to our to-do list:

• Add option to display "relative rate of closure"
  • Add to the SDK a helper function to get relative bearing.

But it might take us a while to implement that, so if you are in a rush you may want to work with the SDK :)

Thanks for the answer, ye no worries I totally understand, just figured I'd ask.

HP Z400 Workstation

I tested out the Polish language on my machine and it seems to be working. Make sure after switching languages that you close and re-launch Tacview. Can you send a screenshot?

Tacview 1.8.4

Win10 ENG, with ENG menus and POL keyboard layouts;

Thanks for bookmarking tip, this will do.

capture_001_10102020_101957.thumb.jpg.a3f9759a07b65a0d0afc5b9f0322f34a.jpg

capture_003_10102020_102057.thumb.jpg.af3eb964e313c0df2bbb493a50ee8979.jpg

capture_004_10102020_102112.thumb.jpg.0544bb17313030fb5654dae42eceb1a1.jpg

Tacview stopped connecting to DCS after the latest OB patch. Standard version user here, 1.8.5 beta 4. Anyone have any idea what could this be about? Possibly a user error?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I finally got it working and able to view my recordings. Thx Maxsenna ! I think by putting Tacview in the 1st line in the Export.Lua file as you mentioned worked. I so happy now. And I'm sorry for coming in here last week with a bad attitude.

NEVER , EVER give up!

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Tacview stopped connecting to DCS after the latest OB patch. Standard version user here, 1.8.5 beta 4. Anyone have any idea what could this be about? Possibly a user error?

Hi,

In your Export.lua file at Saved Games/DCS/Scripts, do you see the following line:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

If it's not there please add it.

If that doesn't help can you please share your dcs.log file (found at Saved Games/DCS/Logs)

Edited by BuzyBee
Typo

Tacview Online Debrief Question - Firewall & Port Forwarding

My flight mate and I are trying to connect via Tacview Online Debrief with no luck. Is there anyone here using Cox Router and Windows Defender. Somewhere between the two will not allow us to connect as myself being the host.

I know Port 42673 needs to be forwarded. I have set that up and still the port is not open per "canyouseeme.org".

Appreciate any help...Drac

Tacview 1.8.4

Win10 ENG, with ENG menus and POL keyboard layouts;

Thanks for bookmarking tip, this will do.

Hi Glow,

Do you have any Polish localization files installed in %PROGRAMDATA%\Tacview\Data\Xml\ , %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Tacview\Data\Xml\ , or %APPDATA%\Tacview\Data\Xml\ ? If so please delete those files and re-launch Tacview. Tacview has all the most up to date localization files included, and these are overwritten by any matching localization files in the previously mentioned locations.

If this doesn't help can you please share your Tacview log found at %TEMP%\Tacview.log

Edited by BuzyBee
Previously stated "Tacview is now getting the files from GitHub directly." this is inaccurate.

Hi. Thanks for your rep. My Win10 is my suspect no.1, if like you wrote 1.8.4 is all fine.

The only file I found in Data\XML\ was Data-Falcon4Theaters.xml - no effect when removed.

I run Tacview installer again - no effect.

Connection to GitHub? I look in to my Firewall rules - all is allowed for Tacview.

Tacview.log