Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Hey everybody,

I have purchased TacView a couple of months ago. However, since approx. August I cannot replay my flights. I do have a zip-file of every single flight I have been doing (single player), but when opening those files, I do not see any planes, the video shows 0 secs of length.

When I am opening my old files from July, everything is fine.

Tacview is up to date V1.8.4, DCS Open beta also up to date.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

I have purchased TacView a couple of months ago. However, since approx. August I cannot replay my flights. I do have a zip-file of every single flight I have been doing (single player), but when opening those files, I do not see any planes, the video shows 0 secs of length.

When I am opening my old files from July, everything is fine.

Any ideas?

TL;DR:

Sometimes this happens after installing/removing multiple versions of TacView i.e. Release and Beta.

IIRC you can end up with part of the tacview script chain

• Scripts\Export.lua > Scripts\TacviewGameExport.lua > Mods\Tech\Tacview

... being deleted, meaning nothing from DCS is recorded (hence the 0 sec length).

Uninstalling and then reinstalling Tacview should fix the issue.

Detail

Check your "Saved Games\DCS" folder and ...

• that 'Scripts\Export.lua' has the line :-

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

• that 'Scripts\TacviewGameExport.lua' exists

• that 'Scripts\Hooks\TacviewGameGUI.lua' exists

• that ' Mods\Tech\Tacview' and it's files/subfolders exist.

0ZzQ4Oq.jpg

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

TL;DR:

• that 'Scripts\Export.lua' has the line :-

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

0ZzQ4Oq.jpg

That line has been missing. Thank you so much for a very quick and helpful support!

PS: Will pay attention to export.lua in the future, since after DCS updates the file has to be deleted in order to solve the popping up comms menu. That may have been the reason, why thing got broken up...

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

Flew another mission with two of my flight mates. The whole recording time was 1:25:45 per the flight log. The only thing listed on the flight log was:

Begin of flight recording

Drac has taken off

Drac has been destoyed

End of flight recording

My flight mates were not on the list to select, just me and enemy assets. Normally, I would be able to select any of my flight mates off the list.

Also, nothing was on the map but me and me alone...flying around with noting else to see for the whole 1:25:45. No ground assets or air assets.

Do I need to delete TacView and reinstall?

Edit: I was not hosting. I went to FAQ on the TacView website and notice the following. They say under multiplayer...advance tab...the following needs to checked:

Allow Object Export

Allow Sensor Export

Allow Player Export

Could this be the issue from the Host side?

Edit: I was not hosting. I went to FAQ on the TacView website and notice the following. They say under multiplayer...advance tab...the following needs to checked:

Allow Object Export

Allow Sensor Export

Allow Player Export

Could this be the issue from the Host side?

Yes please make sure that those three options are set to YES on the server - this could definitely be the problem!

Is there a way to overlay a terrain image over the TacView map ?

I am trying to use TacView to confirm, for example, that a bridge strike has been successful and it has actually hit the targeted bridge. See rivers and other objects ?

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Hi,

I have purchased TacView Standard. After installation, I have the TacView mod visible in DCS, recording is enabled, but after a flight session, I only get a 1kb file which contains some header but no actual data. I have looked in DCS logs, but there are no "Can't execute..." like error regarding lua scripts.

How can I solve this?

Another question, how is the "Premium Support" working? Is this forum only?

Hi,

I have purchased TacView Standard. After installation, I have the TacView mod visible in DCS, recording is enabled, but after a flight session, I only get a 1kb file which contains some header but no actual data. I have looked in DCS logs, but there are no "Can't execute..." like error regarding lua scripts.

How can I solve this?

Another question, how is the "Premium Support" working? Is this forum only?

Check your export.lua, and see if the TacView line is there, and last. That solved it for me.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Check your export.lua, and see if the TacView line is there, and last. That solved it for me.

Hi,

I have a single line, for SRS SimpleRadio, none for TacView.

Which line should I add?

Thanks!

Is there a tacview for dummies anywhere in here. I bought tacview stardard yesterday and spent half of the day trying to get it working. I’m alittle frustrated right now because I just found this info here in this wonderful forum. I’m getting the same thing with the files being 1K with zero record time. I don’t want to have to go through 133 post to make sure some goes at the end of a export file. Is there a simply format for dummies like me to get this program running?

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Or how do I get a refund so I can give the money I spent on this tacview and give to Movers folds of honor.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Or how do I get a refund so I can give the money I spent on this tacview and give to Movers folds of honor.
Download the copy-export.zip in my link above. Tell me if it doesn't work. The link. Open it and copy the the copy-export.lua file to your user\Saved Games\DCS.xxx\scripts folder. Delete the old export.lua there, and rename the file to export.lua

And you should be good to go when you start DCS.

If to are not using SRS and VAICOM, download Notepad++, it's free, and open the file, and delete the first to lines, so only the TacView line is left.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Thx Maxsenna I’ll have to give it a go. So will this mess up the use of srs?

Start Date April 2020 

Is there a way to overlay a terrain image over the TacView map ?

I am trying to use TacView to confirm, for example, that a bridge strike has been successful and it has actually hit the targeted bridge. See rivers and other objects ?

Here is a video explaining how to obtain terrain images for Tacview:

But the maps might not match up to DCS with enough accuracy to determine if you hit a bridge.

How do I use Tacview? I've read through all the documentation. I see the module in my DCS list. I can launch Tacview. Do I need to start a recording or does it just record automatically like a trk file?

Edited by glide
typo

NVM, I got it working. It's a bit fussy about where you put the Tacview files. I had them under my User folder, but security probably blocked them. One Drive may have been getting in the way of the My Documents folder. I put them on the root in C:\Tacview, and they started appearing.

How do I use Tacview? I've read through all the documentation. I see the module in my DCS list. I can launch Tacview. Do I need to start a recording or does it just record automatically like a trk file?

IIRC it's automatically setup to record when installed but you can check if recording is enabled in

• DCS > Options > Special --> Tacview

mmyfg3D.jpg

By default .acmi files are saved to "%userprofile%\Documents\Tacview" but the folder can be changed in Tacview's "Options > ACMI Recording folder ..."

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080