Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Hi again!

Sorry to bother you guys again, but I have another issue: the event log window doesn't show any event, not in the new tracks, nor in the old ones.

Since the flights are correctly recorded, I'm guessing all the data are there, they're just not shown in the event log window. Any idea what I have to do to fix this issue?

Hi again!

Sorry to bother you guys again, but I have another issue: the event log window doesn't show any event, not in the new tracks, nor in the old ones.

Since the flights are correctly recorded, I'm guessing all the data are there, they're just not shown in the event log window. Any idea what I have to do to fix this issue?

Hi,

Please use Flight Log (further down in the same menu) not Event Log. Event log is a work in progress :-)

Tacview 1.8.4 is out!

Tacview 1.8.4 is now available on tacview.net and Steam!

Download: https://tacview.net/download

• Release Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020
  • Operating System: Windows® 32-bit / 64-bit
  • File Size: 408.8 MB

This release improves the support of all your favorite flight sims and even add support for a brand new one everybody is talking about ;)

New maps have been integrated, the database has been expended and tweaked to better display your favorite aircraft, and thanks to your feedback, many tweaks and fixes have been made to improve everyday debriefings.

BuzyBee and I are also experimenting with new addons such as the fuel consumption and turn rate calculators. They are still experimental, and may not work for all aircraft yet, but I am sure you will find them quite useful for your navigation and dogfight analysis. They can be enabled via the “Add-ons” menu.

Meanwhile, I am now putting more and more time on the development of Tacview 2.0. This new generation will be a huge step up, so it could last for the upcoming 10 to 20 years.

Unlike Tacview 1.x, Tacview 2.0 is very open from the beginning, it is like a debriefing Lego bag, which anyone, with little technical knowledge, can easily create addons of any kind to expend and create new data and tools at will. And it runs on all platforms including tablets.

Take care and have pleasant flights ;)

Vyrtuoz & BuzyBee

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED support for DCS: Syria Map
  • ADDED support for DCS: The Channel Map
  • ADDED support for DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt
  • ADDED support for Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • ADDED support for Flexible and Interoperable Data Transfer (FIT) files
  • ADDED Falcon 4 Balkans runways and ILS from oakdesign
  • ADDED Optimal turn-rate calculator addon
  • ADDED GPX routes import to the Track Injector add-on
  • ADDED Rangefinder Add-on to display distance between multiple objects in one place (Tacview Enterprise)
  • ADDED automatic synchronization of audio/video files (if appropriate metadata available)
  • ADDED support for Drag & Drop on audio/video media windows
  • ADDED NTO Polar Vortex v2.4 for BMS 4.34
  • ADDED numerous objects and 3D models to the database
  • ADDED option to enable/disable radar locks detailed labels (off by default)
  • ADDED /SaveConfig:false command line option to not save UI settings on exit
  • IMPROVED DCS World helicopters advanced telemetry
  • IMPROVED EAG file support (aircraft type, color and country)
  • IMPROVED corrupted (incomplete) telemetry files support
  • IMPROVED support for non-standard GPX files
  • IMPROVED debug log

FIXES

• FIXED crash when closing Tacview installed in C:\Tacview\
  • FIXED potential crashes when running out of memory
  • FIXED C-101 3D model scale
  • FIXED rare case when export.lua content could be reset on install
  • FIXED AoA was not exported for DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

tacview-184-advanced.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

I seem to have Tacview installed and working (its in DCS with the Tacview options page under special in settings and yes the "record flight data" box IS ticked) )

It seems to export some sort of data as each flight generates an appropriately named .zip.acmi file (though very very small...1kb)

But when I go to play them in Tacview they don't really "exist" their duration is always 00:00:00 and consequently don't play

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Airbag_signatur.png

I seem to have Tacview installed and working (its in DCS with the Tacview options page under special in settings and yes the "record flight data" box IS ticked) )

It seems to export some sort of data as each flight generates an appropriately named .zip.acmi file (though very very small...1kb)

But when I go to play them in Tacview they don't really "exist" their duration is always 00:00:00 and consequently don't play

the only time i see that is when DCS CTD and the acmi file is corrupted

Hey Jason. The TacView line is missing from your export.lua

I'll post it here when I get home, unless somebody beats me to it.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks...I'll work it out and add it in...I guess other lines in my export lua (Viacom/DCS Bios) are messing with it!

Cheers

Jepp, that's what happened to me as well. Shout out if need any help. Make sure the line is last. I'm home now.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently working on a small private project which uses the .acmi and Flightlog.xml from tacview, only it seems like the id's in the files are not corresponding to eachother> is there a way to match the events from the flight logs to ID's in the .acmi file?

PS: hope this is the right place to ask.

I'm currently working on a small private project which uses the .acmi and Flightlog.xml from tacview, only it seems like the id's in the files are not corresponding to eachother> is there a way to match the events from the flight logs to ID's in the .acmi file?

PS: hope this is the right place to ask.

Hi Darlakan,

The ID's do not correspond to each other since the .acmi file ID's are recyclable and the Flight Log ID's aren't. There is no easy way to match the ID's. Can you tell me more about your project? Maybe I can help further.

Hi Darlakan,

The ID's do not correspond to each other since the .acmi file ID's are recyclable and the Flight Log ID's aren't. There is no easy way to match the ID's. Can you tell me more about your project? Maybe I can help further.

I'm working on a small add on analyses tool which will load multiple tacview files from our campaigns we fly so i can use these to built for example a heatmap for where most engagements happen and so on, it's mostly a pet project to see if i can do any meaningfull analysis over multiple mission flown within the same campaign. hence why i'd like to link the ID's from the files so i can get the events for players.

Thank you for the respons. :)

I'm working on a small add on analyses tool which will load multiple tacview files from our campaigns we fly so i can use these to built for example a heatmap for where most engagements happen and so on, it's mostly a pet project to see if i can do any meaningfull analysis over multiple mission flown within the same campaign. hence why i'd like to link the ID's from the files so i can get the events for players.

Thank you for the respons. :)

Interesting! If the Flight Log included the position of the event, would that help you to avoid using the .acmi file entirely? If not, what else from the .acmi file would need to be included in the Flight Log so that you could use the Flight Log exclusively?

Interesting! If the Flight Log included the position of the event, would that help you to avoid using the .acmi file entirely? If not, what else from the .acmi file would need to be included in the Flight Log so that you could use the Flight Log exclusively?

This would be a great help, since for the current use cases i would only have to load in the Flight log and no longer have to load in the .acmi file. (even though it might be nice to have that data later down the line if i want to add functionality).

This would be a great help, since for the current use cases i would only have to load in the Flight log and no longer have to load in the .acmi file. (even though it might be nice to have that data later down the line if i want to add functionality).

Okay we will add the event position to flight log in a future update :thumbup:

I'm not sure if this is the correct dcs.log. Our flight was on Saturday, 12 Sept. However, the only log I see is dated 13 Sept. Thanks

In this log file of about 1.5 hours, 16 different .acmi files were generated, some as short as 1 minute. Were you having technical difficulties with the mission? Leaving and re-joining repeatedly?

In this log file of about 1.5 hours, 16 different .acmi files were generated, some as short as 1 minute. Were you having technical difficulties with the mission? Leaving and re-joining repeatedly?

No technical difficulties. We did restart (leaving and re-joining) the mission several times do to human errors...i.e,, fuel truck ran into one of flight mates as an example.

The host did have the whole recordings. I (non-host) normally have the full flight as well. For some reason, only getting short recordings now.

In the log file, what was the longest recording?

Thanks...Drac

No technical difficulties. We did restart (leaving and re-joining) the mission several times do to human errors...i.e,, fuel truck ran into one of flight mates as an example.

The host did have the whole recordings. I (non-host) normally have the full flight as well. For some reason, only getting short recordings now.

In the log file, what was the longest recording?

Thanks...Drac

Whenever you leave and re-join the mission you can expect a new .acmi file to be generated on your end. The host can expect to have the whole recording by default.

If the issue recurs in a flight where you have not left and re-joined the mission please let me know and send your log.

In your log the longest .acmi file I found was 9 minutes: Tacview-20200913-144807-DCS-F-18C_Training (1).zip.acmi (pay special attention to the stamp 144807 which will distinguish this file from the other files)