Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Is there a better tutorial for TacView? I'm trying to get the telemetry data to show up on the plane's information panel where it shows name/type/etc.

Also trying to remove some of the Telemetry data listed in the Telemetry panel such as fuel, heading, etc.

I've tried searching and checking the FAQ/Tutorials on the forums but those were not very helpful.

The Telemetry and Raw Telemetry windows are not currently customizable. We do plan on making them customizable in the future.

You can customize the labels which can help you see at-a-glance the information you are most interested in. See the attachment:

1552870693_Customizablelabels.thumb.png.44312a60d02eb609a7f4094c886c56b8.png

Position of Chart Tabs

I've just upgraded to Advanced for the Charts feature, when I originally hide the charts they store nicely into a horizontal Tab system at the top of the window (like a browser). However I pinned one and when I went to hide it again, it snapped to a vertical Tab ? and now for the life of me I cannot get it to go to the horizontal, so I have 3 charts, 2 tabs on the horizontal and one on the vertical. How do I customize or fix this, thx

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

@BuzyBee it would be nice to have the option to show the heading crossing angle, lateral separation and target aspect between two selected objects.

HCA - number of degrees between the objects' headings

TA - TA = 180 - AA

LS - LS = aspect * slant range * 100 (whichever aspect is less than 90°)

We may be able to add this to the drop-down menu between the two selected objects. But we try not to crowd it too much, so can you explain further how this information is particularly helpful to you?

Also sorry but I do not understand the LS formula, can you please provide more details?

We may be able to add this to the drop-down menu between the two selected objects. But we try not to crowd it too much, so can you explain further how this information is particularly helpful to you?

Also sorry but I do not understand the LS formula, can you please provide more details?

All three are important when discussing intercepts.

Navy pilots/wso learn to work with target aspect instead of aspect angle. The F/A-18 does display TA but not AA.

Lateral separation translates to turning room at the merge. A pilot may elect to have a certain amount of lateral separation to do a stern conversation.

The formula is the same you use to set the correct antenna angle in the vertical. E.g. you get told a contact is at 10 NM range and 10.000ft above you. You can calculate that you need to point the antenna 10° up.

You can use the same formula in other plains than the vertical.

HCA can be used to discuss gaining and reducing lateral separation. E.g. with HCA 180 you will keep the current lateral separation.

I've just upgraded to Advanced for the Charts feature, when I originally hide the charts they store nicely into a horizontal Tab system at the top of the window (like a browser). However I pinned one and when I went to hide it again, it snapped to a vertical Tab ? and now for the life of me I cannot get it to go to the horizontal, so I have 3 charts, 2 tabs on the horizontal and one on the vertical. How do I customize or fix this, thx

All the windows are dockable so just grab that window you want to move and drag it around and multiple options will appear allowing you to dock left, right, top bottom:

270062756_dockablewindows.thumb.png.f3d5d583134b98090ac3286e2844bde0.png

All the windows are dockable so just grab that window you want to move and drag it around and multiple options will appear allowing you to dock left, right, top bottom:

[ATTACH]241406[/ATTACH]

Many thx, was wondering what those little arrows where for

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

All three are important when discussing intercepts.

Navy pilots/wso learn to work with target aspect instead of aspect angle. The F/A-18 does display TA but not AA.

Lateral separation translates to turning room at the merge. A pilot may elect to have a certain amount of lateral separation to do a stern conversation.

The formula is the same you use to set the correct antenna angle in the vertical. E.g. you get told a contact is at 10 NM range and 10.000ft above you. You can calculate that you need to point the antenna 10° up.

You can use the same formula in other plains than the vertical.

HCA can be used to discuss gaining and reducing lateral separation. E.g. with HCA 180 you will keep the current lateral separation.

We'll add Target Aspect and Heading Crossing Angle.

We'll save Lateral Separation for Tacview 2.0 where you'll be able to enter your own formulas to display whatever measurements you need.

We'll add Target Aspect and Heading Crossing Angle.

We'll save Lateral Separation for Tacview 2.0 where you'll be able to enter your own formulas to display whatever measurements you need.

Awesome!

Hello. Thank you for the discount. That was so cool cause I wanted to buy a second tacview. I had a question. If I use the advanced key in the upgrade field can I use the standard key to another pc. P.s. (the advanced key is full edition of tacview. I didn't use the upgrade system to buy cause I wanted to have 2 tacviews but I want advanced for my main pc)

Hello. Thank you for the discount. That was so cool cause I wanted to buy a second tacview. I had a question. If I use the advanced key in the upgrade field can I use the standard key to another pc. P.s. (the advanced key is full edition of tacview. I didn't use the upgrade system to buy cause I wanted to have 2 tacviews but I want advanced for my main pc)

Hi,

If you have directly purchased Tacview Advanced through the website (or Steam) after having already purchase Tacview Standard, you own 2 keys and you can use them on 2 separate workstations without restriction.

Actually, each Tacview license is valid for 1 user on multiple workstations or 1 workstation with multiple users so if you are the only user of, say, the Tacview Advanced license, you may use it on both your P.C.'s.

Tacview breaks SRS and DCS to GPS??

Just bought and installed TacView advanced last night. Its seems the normal install process has completely overwritten my export.lua file and all of its entries, which has broken other add ons including SRS and DCS to GPS. Is this normal functionality?

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Just bought and installed TacView advanced last night. Its seems the normal install process has completely overwritten my export.lua file and all of its entries, which has broken other add ons including SRS and DCS to GPS. Is this normal functionality?

Hehe, same thing just happened to me. If an app is going to touch export.lua, it needs to play nicely with any and all other apps that touch this file. Having to manually edit this file to get paid-for applications to work with DCS is not user-friendly. I feel like I'm trying to get X-wing vs Tie fighter working with a Gravis Soundcard all over again!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Hello all,

Do you know if tacview 1.2 is still available somewhere ?

from Tacview site : "Vous pouvez télécharger et installer Tacview 1.2.8 qui est la dernière version supportant les anciennes versions de DCS World. Le script de Tacview 1.2.8 exportera toutes les données de vol disponibles."

the link offered is dead (no file)

Thank you

(still with DCS 1.2 for 3 months :(

Hello all,

Do you know if tacview 1.2 is still available somewhere ?

from Tacview site : "Vous pouvez télécharger et installer Tacview 1.2.8 qui est la dernière version supportant les anciennes versions de DCS World. Le script de Tacview 1.2.8 exportera toutes les données de vol disponibles."

the link offered is dead (no file)

Thank you

(still with DCS 1.2 for 3 months :(

Thanks for letting me know about the broken link - it is now fixed, please try again.

Hehe, same thing just happened to me. If an app is going to touch export.lua, it needs to play nicely with any and all other apps that touch this file. Having to manually edit this file to get paid-for applications to work with DCS is not user-friendly. I feel like I'm trying to get X-wing vs Tie fighter working with a Gravis Soundcard all over again!

I am sorry to hear about this. Tacview is not programmed to overwrite the Export.lua file. It is programmed to add one line to the existing Export.lua file.

There may be an edge case where if the existing Export.lua is not readable, it will be recreated. We are going to change this so that in the future if the Export.lua is not readable we will simply not touch it instead of recreating it.

We are going to change this so that in the future if the Export.lua is not readable we will simply not touch it instead of recreating it.

Great. Thanks. Is it safe to assume that the next update to my current install will not be affected? I’m new to TacView, so not sure how often you guys push updates.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

I searched the thread for any related issues, but it seems that in 2.5.6.50979 Tacview is listed as unauthorized and is disabled by DCS. How do I correct this?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

BuzyBee

I seem to remember a long time back somebody asked for you to make a driver to support a Space Navigator to use with TacView.

I don't think this was ever done, but thought I'd ask anyway as I have one and it never gets used. It would be great to use with TacView as it's a device for Navigating a 3D space.

2Q==

2Q==

Z

69492-laptops-review-3d-connexion-space-navigator-image2-l3EqUAiSGe.JPGZ

I am sorry to hear about this. Tacview is not programmed to overwrite the Export.lua file. It is programmed to add one line to the existing Export.lua file.

There may be an edge case where if the existing Export.lua is not readable, it will be recreated. We are going to change this so that in the future if the Export.lua is not readable we will simply not touch it instead of recreating it.

Great to hear. I got TacView+ DCS UFC working after manually editing my export.lua file, but I'm sure many other folks wouldn't bother going to the trouble. Would be nice if everything just, well, worked for once! But this is DCS we're talking about :helpsmilie:

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Great. Thanks. Is it safe to assume that the next update to my current install will not be affected? I’m new to TacView, so not sure how often you guys push updates.

We made the changes in Tacview 1.8.4 beta 6 published last Friday:https://tacview.net/download/beta/

We don't push any updates (unless you have the Steam version)

I searched the thread for any related issues, but it seems that in 2.5.6.50979 Tacview is listed as unauthorized and is disabled by DCS. How do I correct this?

If you are getting an error message like "Authorization failed: The following DLC's are not authorized and will be disabled: Tacview", this error message would be generated if Tacview files had been manually installed into the DCS World folder. All non-official modules of DCS should be installed into Saved Games folder only. Could this be the case for you?

The Tacview installer should install all files in Saved Games, alternatively you can copy the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\DCS\ in your %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\ folder.

Edited by BuzyBee

BuzyBee

I seem to remember a long time back somebody asked for you to make a driver to support a Space Navigator to use with TacView.

I don't think this was ever done, but thought I'd ask anyway as I have one and it never gets used. It would be great to use with TacView as it's a device for Navigating a 3D space.

We did look into this but unfortunately it's not feasible for now.

Is there a way to request that TACview updater have a silent (unattend, no user interaction) installer for people running dedicated servers?

CPU: i9-12900K @ 4.9Ghz

M/B: MSI MEG z690 Ace

RAM: 128GB

Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X

VR: Varjo Aero

We did look into this but unfortunately it's not feasible for now.

tenor.gif?itemid=11098164

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss