Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Thanks for the screenshot, I see what the problem is - in your screenshot the two planes on the button are grey because the button is not activated. Click on the button to activate it - then the planes will be blue and red.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":7135227}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":7135228}[/ATTACH]

Hi, this is user error ... I'm not clicking on the button, I'm selecting centered from the dropdown! Thanks for your assistance.

I lost the time line across the bottom and I can not figure out how to get it back,

I found the timeline it is behind the map. I can not make the map smaller to uncover it. I can only drag the side not the bottom.

Hi,

You should be able to drag the timeline to the bottom. When you CLICK+DRAG on the title bar of a window, icons will appear, like in the screenshot below. Move the window to the icon at the bottom of the screen.

If that's not working for you for whatever reason, to reset all the windows including the time line, go to Registry Editor and delete the registry key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Raia Software\Tacview\Local\Windows and re-launch Tacview.

289364278_DockWindows.thumb.png.a66dc46129a3e7604315a3c8e549ef78.png

I'm having an issue where a session file is being created but no telemetry is being recorded, basically blank files. I've scrolled through these pages but there's so much info and multiple conversations going on its hard to track or find a similar issue. Trial version, then upgraded to paid standard version and all working fine until 1 day it all stopped recording. I've uninstalled and re-installed with no change. Could anyone please advise if they have the same issue or experienced it and have a solution? Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi,

In your file %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua, do you see the following line:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

If it's not there can you try adding it.

If this doesn't help can you please share your Tacview log - found at %TEMP%/Tacview.log

Can I confirm that ALL CLIENTS connecting to a DS server that does not have Tacview installed have a mandatory enforced 10 minute client side delay added, regardless of what the client sets?

This is correct. The server controls the delay and the default (which applies if there is no Tacview installed) is a 10-minute delay.

On a server with no Tacview installed but which exports and also has the Tacview variables defined, clients have the message, "Applying playback delay of 10 minutes to prevent cheating". Since this is our squadrons persistent server we don't have a cheating issue to solve but we do dislike waiting ten minutes to disconnect to evaluate dogfighting. It appears (and it's really tough to understand this after reading and using this software for so many years) that, you must have Tacview installed on the server for clients to bypass the 10 minutes delay, which can be a nightmare to setup for servers with multiple installations and profiles - we really don't want to add any burden to the servers for performance, hence this is why we put the debt onto the clients to take their own Tacview. Hope that makes sense, is this unavoidable?

We had to make this decision because otherwise anybody with Tacview can join any server with export allowed and view their flight in real-time - even servers whose operators and users don't use Tacview themselves and/or aren't aware of Tacview's existence.

I followed this tuto https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/mods-and-apps/245344-how-to-use-dedicated-server-s-with-tacview-real-time-telemetry?t=243719 to be able to check in our flights without the 10-minute delay on our dedicated DCS World server but it doesn't work. Tacview records flights well but always with the time lag. Has anyone ever encountered the same problem? It's on a dedicated server

If you have Tacview installed on the dedicated server and you are following the steps in that link, it should be working. Can you share a DCS log from the server and and one from the client?

If you have Tacview installed on the dedicated server and you are following the steps in that link, it should be working. Can you share a DCS log from the server and and one from the client?

Hello,

Please find:

Thanks in advance

serveur.log

client.log

nt16.jpg

I5-4690k 3,9 - 32 gb ram ddr3 - 1080ti

Rift S - hotas Warthog + F-18 stick - Hotas Cougar - MFD Cougar - TPR Tm

Hello,

Please find:

Thanks in advance

In the client's log, I see that a 10 minute delay is being enforced because the client believes that Tacview is not installed on the host.

TACVIEW.DLL: Tacview is not installed on the host

TACVIEW.DLL: Applying playback delay of 10 minutes to prevent cheating

In the server log I see an error:

Can't execute Lua file [...]\Saved Games\DCS.server\Scripts\Export.lua - can't open '[..]\Saved Games\DCS.server\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua

Does the file Saved Games\DCS.server\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua exist?

If not, you can add it by running the Tacview installer while logged in as the host.

Alternatively, go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\DCS\

There will be a mods and a scripts folder - copy and paste both folders to:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.server\

This should make Saved Games\DCS.server\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua appear, along with other important files.

Let me know how it goes.

This is just information for someone who might need it in the future.

As of TACVIEW 1.8.4 and Windows 10 20H2, if you have "Controlled Folder Access" turned on, TACVIEW will not be able to write an acmi file. You will see Error 29 in the log file and a message stating that tacview.dll can't open the file. I haven't tried real hard to see if there is a configuration that works. The option is under "Ransomware Protection" in Windows settings.

Install the app, anywhere but in program files...

TACVIEW.DLL is the source of the error and that is located in Save Games\DCS. I've run with 100% without trouble with Tacview until I turned on "Controlled Folder Access."

This is just information for someone who might need it in the future.

As of TACVIEW 1.8.4 and Windows 10 20H2, if you have "Controlled Folder Access" turned on, TACVIEW will not be able to write an acmi file. You will see Error 29 in the log file and a message stating that tacview.dll can't open the file. I haven't tried real hard to see if there is a configuration that works. The option is under "Ransomware Protection" in Windows settings.

When Controlled Folder Access is turned on for the first time, you need to specify which applications are allowed to create files. Even Microsoft Office applications are not allowed to create files until you have indicated that they are allowed to do so. From Controlled Folder Access, go to to Block History and find the entry where Tacview has been blocked. Then click Actions -> Allow on Device.

When Controlled Folder Access is turned on for the first time, you need to specify which applications are allowed to create files. Even Microsoft Office applications are not allowed to create files until you have indicated that they are allowed to do so. From Controlled Folder Access, go to to Block History and find the entry where Tacview has been blocked. Then click Actions -> Allow on Device.

I will try that. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Question, what triggers Tacview to stop recording?  Reason I ask is I flew a mission last night with my squad.  At the end I landed on the carrier but stayed in the mission a while to watch others land behind me.  Tacview stopped the recording not long after I landed and cut off the end of the mission.  I had clicked over to Discord after landing to watch the live stream of them landing.  Does Tacview stop recording if the DCS screen is no longer "active"?  Would just like to figure this out so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks!

P.S. - Not sure if it matters but I'm using the paid Tacview Advanced version

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

On 12/1/2020 at 2:56 PM, ZBoT said:

Hi all,

Question, what triggers Tacview to stop recording?  Reason I ask is I flew a mission last night with my squad.  At the end I landed on the carrier but stayed in the mission a while to watch others land behind me.  Tacview stopped the recording not long after I landed and cut off the end of the mission.  I had clicked over to Discord after landing to watch the live stream of them landing.  Does Tacview stop recording if the DCS screen is no longer "active"?  Would just like to figure this out so it doesn't happen again.

Thanks!

P.S. - Not sure if it matters but I'm using the paid Tacview Advanced version

Multiplayer? Normaly in MP Tacview will delay the recording 10min. So you need to wait 10 min after the last airplane landed to have all traps recorded.

This is a security measure so pilots in MP not flying with Tacview on a second screen and have an all seeing eye. There is even a hint about this when you first enter your airplane on the server affected by this.

For squadron use, this can be disabled when Tacview is installed on the server.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

2 hours ago, Gruman said:

Multiplayer? Normaly in MP Tacview will delay the recording 10min. So you need to wait 10 min after the last airplane landed to have all traps recorded.

This is a security measure so pilots in MP not flying with Tacview on a second screen and have an all seeing eye. There is even a hint about this when you first enter your airplane on the server affected by this.

For squadron use, this can be disabled when Tacview is installed on the server.

Yes it was multiplayer.  That makes sense.  I must have missed the notification when I entered the plane.  Thanks for the info!!

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

Tacview 1.8.5 is now available!

Download: https://tacview.net/download

This quality of life update brings numerous fixes, improvements, and additional content to make data recording and debriefings more comfortable than ever in your favorite simulators.

Flappie has generously donated his Caucasus map for the benefit of everyone using Tacview. I would like to thank him again for his countless hours of work, this could not have been possible without him!

This new update also brings a brand-new UI for the DCS World exporter. All options have been cleaned up and unified, so the behavior of the exporter is now simpler and clear regardless of how you are flying.

Last but not least, with the new Terrain Downloader addon created by BuzyBee, you can download real-life vector/satellite terrain texture maps of your area of action in just a few clicks! Another nice prototype/preview of what is waiting for us in Tacview 2.0 😉

Oh, by the way, if you want to know more about how Tacview has been made and related technical challenges, feel free to listen to the latest interview from the Grim Reapers: https://youtu.be/CI4A1lc9deY

Fly safe and take care!

Vyrtuoz & BuzyBee

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED DCS World 2.5 Caucasus map generously donated by Flappie
  • ADDED Terrain Downloader add-on to download map/satellite terrain textures in a few clicks
  • ADDED support for DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer
  • ADDED support for DCS: F-14A-135-GR
  • ADDED Over-G add-on for the Fight for Honor 2020 tournament
  • ADDED events location in the XML event log
  • ADDED support for spacecrafts
  • ADDED numerous new functions to the add-on API
  • ADDED add-on to import SENIN GPS data
  • ADDED support for terrain texture tiles per simulator
  • ADDED option to always display selected telemetry in unselected objects labels
  • ADDED support for TAS in KML telemetry files
  • ADDED /OpenMedia[1-4] command line option
  • IMPROVED brand new option page for DCS World exporter
  • IMPROVED real-time telemetry data support
  • IMPROVED turn-rate calculation to ignore wind conditions
  • IMPROVED turn-rate automatic calculation add-on
  • IMPROVED media synchronization when no metadata found
  • IMPROVED objects and labels scale options and behavior
  • IMPROVED active objects list to display missiles which have a callsign
  • IMPROVED KML files are not automatically merged anymore when drag & dropping them
  • IMPROVED support of invalid data/time entries in csv files
  • IMPROVED add-ons are now loaded after the UI is fully initialized
  • IMPROVED EAG file support (database has now priority over metadata)
  • IMPROVED pitch emulation for submarines and infantry
  • IMPROVED debug log

FIXES

• FIXED Steam edition of Tacview not working with non-Steam edition of Command
  • FIXED radar cone orientation in the 3D view
  • FIXED trim operations behavior and stability
  • FIXED backward playback not working at x0.25 speed
  • FIXED pitch was inverted in all drawing functions of the SDK
  • FIXED minor math error with custom tiles textures
  • FIXED several minor bugs in the Lua API
  • FIXED numerous minor or rare bugs

tacview-185-flappie-map.thumb.png.9605c1b2506a4e26d9b36c5adf27220a.png

tacview-185-new-exporter.thumb.png.bd9b6da11d837ab8e25acb7241bba7e8.png

tacview-185-terrain-downloader.thumb.png.142b0bd7733a511688856e1a7415bb3d.png

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

34 minutes ago, GR Ripcord said:

How to disable the 10 min delay on the server in 1.8.5? For our purposes, it is unnecessary and interferes in the our processes. 

Hi,

Simply ensure Real Time Telemetry is enabled on the server and the 10 minute delay will be removed.

In options.lua file, this is the equivalent of:

["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = true,

Leave the password blank if you don't want any password to be required

["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword"] = "",

• Like 1

Is there a way to see radar locks for aircraft and missiles? I remember reading that locks was limited to FC3 aircraft in the past - has this changed? Even better would be a radar "cone", showing where my aircraft's radar is scanning. I'm guessing that'd be extremely difficult though, due to the intricacies of radar?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Hello, I seem to have an issue with tacview and a DCS server, despite telling tacview to save the files in a location, it saves them in another no matter what I do. I also mention that for some reason I have 2 tacview installs, one beta and one not beta, I'm not sure if that has any effect. I will attach pictures to show the tacview settings, and the tacview logs showing that it still saves to the wrong location. I want it to save into a Onedrive folder, but it keeps saving in a Google drive folder. Should I reinstall tacview? Should I have the server closed before changing that setting? Help would be much appreciated. 

tacview installs.png

tacview logs.png

tacview settings.png

Edited by Comrade Doge

Hi everybody. We experienced a strange Bug(?) in TacView. Our Server uses RealTime Telemetry and the playback delay is set to 0.

When we debrief the flights, some of the players have a 10-minute delay, some not.

Maybe it is correlated to the Version:

• User WITH a 10-minute delay all uses TacView Advanced (3 User)
  • User WITHOUT a 10-minute delay uses Tacview Standard or Free (6 User)

When a user WITHOUT a playback delay upload his acmi File - and the user WITH the playback delay uses this file > the delay is gone.

When a user WITH a playback delay upload his acmi File - and the User WITHOUT the playback delay uses this file > 10 Minute delay.

1.  Is this related to a setting in DCS? (Didn't found anything related in Special > TacView)
  2. Or is related to the Version (Bug)?

I think (!), this is new since the latest DCS Update. Because old files (before the update) dont have a playback delay.

Edited by thornx

["Tacview"] = 
        {
            ["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 600,
            ["tacviewHostTelemetryPassword"] = "xxxx",
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "8219",
            ["tacviewClientTelemetryPassword"] = "xxxx",
            ["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "12905",
            ["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,
            ["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
            ["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 0,
            ["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",

I've had issues with getting TacView to work & none of the quick fixes seemed to have worked.  But as it happened, it was SRS that messed up my Export.lua file.  To fix my recording issue I simply copied the export.lua file from :\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\DCS\Scripts and pasted it to :\Users\YourUsername\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\scripts

I hope this helps.

Infiltrator

Corsair 500D SE|Corsair AX1600i|Windows 11 Pro 64Bit|Intel i9-12900K 3.2Ghz@stock|Gigabyte Master Z690|Corsair H150i Elite Capellix|Gigabyte Vision RTX 3090| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR5 5600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 970 NVMe TB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals|Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| F/A18-C Grip|HP Reverb 2|Logitech Lightspeed 502|Logitech Z906 5.1

You have to merge SRS and Tacview export luas in one. Then after every update SRS or Tacview, copy this file to overwrite original file.

OvGME is your friend. Prepare a package in OvGME to have this more under control.

You updating only a OvGME packages manually by copying folders, in both SRS and Tacview keeping the same Export.lua