Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Hi,

In your Export.lua file at Saved Games/DCS/Scripts, do you see the following line:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

If it's not there please add it.

If that doesn't help can you please share your dcs.log file (found at Saved Games/DCS/Logs)

Thanks mate, i tried it today and the tracks started popping in the folder on their own. Which is kinda funny as i didn't really change anything. So maybe it's just my PC doing strange stuff on its own! :thumbup:

Anyways, glad it works now :D

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Hi. Thanks for your rep. My Win10 is my suspect no.1, if like you wrote 1.8.4 is all fine.

The only file I found in Data\XML\ was Data-Falcon4Theaters.xml - no effect when removed.

I run Tacview installer again - no effect.

Connection to GitHub? I look in to my Firewall rules - all is allowed for Tacview.

Hi Glow, as a workaround can you try downloading this Polish language localization file and placing it in %APPDATA%\Tacview\Data\Xml\ ? Then re-launch Tacview.

https://www.amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/QQ8nfFo6I786A8TipBr0Q8lPkYSo3wtlMpF51qJ8dQG

• Like 1

I want to set a password for real time telemetry.

This is my config from the options.lua:

["plugins"] = {
["Tacview"] = {
["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
["tacviewClientTelemetryPassword"] = "password",
["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 0,
["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = false,
["tacviewHostTelemetryPassword"] = "password",
["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,
["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 600,
["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "12345",
["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "password",
["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "12346",
["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
},
},

This is the relevant part of the dcs.log:

2020-10-28 12:06:31.791 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: Config={bookmarkShortcut=0, compressionLevel=0, dataRecordingEnabled=1, debugModeEnabled=0, hostTelemetryPassword="********", playbackDelay=0, profilingPeriod=600, realTimeTelemetryPort=12345, recordClientsSessionsEnabled=0, remoteControlPassword="********", remoteControlPort=12346}
2020-10-28 12:06:31.808 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:3

I should have to set the password to "password" when connecting to the server for real-time telemetry, but I don't have to. The password box is empty and I still can connect. Any idea what I am doing wrong or is this not yet implemented?

Edit:

I have also tested this with the a PlaybackDelay of 60 and 60000 with the same results.

2020-10-28 18:15:39.166 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: Config={bookmarkShortcut=0, compressionLevel=0, dataRecordingEnabled=1, debugModeEnabled=0, hostTelemetryPassword="********", playbackDelay=60000, profilingPeriod=600, realTimeTelemetryPort=12345, recordClientsSessionsEnabled=0, remoteControlPassword="********", remoteControlPort=12346}

I want to set a password for real time telemetry.

This is my config from the options.lua:

["plugins"] = {
["Tacview"] = {
["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
["tacviewClientTelemetryPassword"] = "password",
["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 0,
["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = false,
["tacviewHostTelemetryPassword"] = "password",
["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,
["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 600,
["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "12345",
["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "password",
["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "12346",
["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
},
},

This is the relevant part of the dcs.log:

2020-10-28 12:06:31.791 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: Config={bookmarkShortcut=0, compressionLevel=0, dataRecordingEnabled=1, debugModeEnabled=0, hostTelemetryPassword="********", playbackDelay=0, profilingPeriod=600, realTimeTelemetryPort=12345, recordClientsSessionsEnabled=0, remoteControlPassword="********", remoteControlPort=12346}
2020-10-28 12:06:31.808 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:3

I should have to set the password to "password" when connecting to the server for real-time telemetry, but I don't have to. The password box is empty and I still can connect. Any idea what I am doing wrong or is this not yet implemented?

Edit:

I have also tested this with the a PlaybackDelay of 60 and 60000 with the same results.

2020-10-28 18:15:39.166 INFO TACVIEW.DLL: Config={bookmarkShortcut=0, compressionLevel=0, dataRecordingEnabled=1, debugModeEnabled=0, hostTelemetryPassword="********", playbackDelay=60000, profilingPeriod=600, realTimeTelemetryPort=12345, recordClientsSessionsEnabled=0, remoteControlPassword="********", remoteControlPort=12346}

If you are using Tacview 1.8.4, if you connect Tacview to the DCS World server, no password is required and no delay applies.

Only when connecting Tacview to a client of the server will the password be required and the delay will be applied.

With Tacview 1.8.5, a password will be required at all times, in order to avoid this confusion.

Have downloaded correctly Tacview and it installed but trying 3 single missions aircraft are not registering.

1. In tacview USB file the missions are there but only 1 KB .zip acmi files.

2. IN User>Saved Games> DCS>Tracks - the same missions are registered.

3. Clicking on either of them a strategic map is shown but paused with no aircrafts of the mission only Bullseye.

The Map Title says This Strategic View is available in Tacview Advanced. I have only downloaded the Standard paid version.

Have found one user in Dcs having the same issue but no solution to it, the same goes with Tacview site.

Could PLEASE anyone help with this issue?

Have downloaded correctly Tacview and it installed but trying 3 single missions aircraft are not registering.

3. Clicking on either of them a strategic map is shown but paused with no aircrafts of the mission only Bullseye.

The Map Title says This Strategic View is available in Tacview Advanced. I have only downloaded the Standard paid version.

Have found one user in Dcs having the same issue but no solution to it, the same goes with Tacview site.

Under your Saved Games DCS.xxx scripts folder. There's an issue with the export.lua file.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

HI MAXsenna,

Please find attachment of my TacviewGameExport.lua and see if you can help me

Hi! I'm on my cell.

Wrong file, the file is only called export.lua, if it's not there, I'd just re-install TacView.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

If you are using Tacview 1.8.4, if you connect Tacview to the DCS World server, no password is required and no delay applies.

Only when connecting Tacview to a client of the server will the password be required and the delay will be applied.

With Tacview 1.8.5, a password will be required at all times, in order to avoid this confusion.

Very nice!

An additional nice-to-have feature would be to be able to have a delay for TacView that is directly connected to the DCS World server, maybe on a different port with a different password or just without a password. This would allow users who watch a livestream (on Twitch for example) to see the full TacView, but with the same delay as the Twitch stream. This would be super nice for live streamed events.

So I've got 2 use cases:

1. Real-time TacView with no delay, directly connected to the server with a password
  2. TacView with a delay, directly connected to the server (without a password or with a different password/port)

Hi all!

I set up a mission which among other things have "late activation" ships which are either activated through the radio menu (enemy target ships) or through client selecting specific planes at mission start (e.g. AC carriers).

The problem is that once I review the ACMI file, all ships (even those not activated during the mission) are visible and moving in the scenario. This does not happen with other "late activation" objects such as AAAs, SAMs, ground vehicles or planes included in the mission. :(

Of course, this is not a Tacview "killer" but it is annoying and probably not working as intended. :smilewink:

Cheers!

Hi,

In your file %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua, do you see the following line:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

If it's not there can you try adding it.

If this doesn't help can you please share your Tacview log - found at %TEMP%/Tacview.log

Sounds like you are currently in the 21-day demo period which is why you are able to use the Strategic View even though you only have Tacview Standard. If you scroll in far enough the message "This Strategic View is available in Tacview Advanced" will go away.

Hi all!

I set up a mission which among other things have "late activation" ships which are either activated through the radio menu (enemy target ships) or through client selecting specific planes at mission start (e.g. AC carriers).

The problem is that once I review the ACMI file, all ships (even those not activated during the mission) are visible and moving in the scenario. This does not happen with other "late activation" objects such as AAAs, SAMs, ground vehicles or planes included in the mission. :(

Of course, this is not a Tacview "killer" but it is annoying and probably not working as intended. :smilewink:

Cheers!

Hi,

I tried this out myself and I see that ships flagged "late activation" are visible from the beginning while aircraft are not.

I believe that this means that DCS World is erroneously exporting ships flagged "late activation". As a general rule, anything exported will appear in Tacview. We do not have access to the "late activation" flag to be able to filter this out ourselves.

Hi,

I tried this out myself and I see that ships flagged "late activation" are visible from the beginning while aircraft are not.

I believe that this means that DCS World is erroneously exporting ships flagged "late activation". As a general rule, anything exported will appear in Tacview. We do not have access to the "late activation" flag to be able to filter this out ourselves.

Thank you for the prompt reply! :thumbup:

Is it possible to have this reported to ED? Maybe a bug report in another section? Or maybe you can forward this to issue to ED yourself? :hmm:

Thank you for the prompt reply! :thumbup:

Is it possible to have this reported to ED? Maybe a bug report in another section? Or maybe you can forward this to issue to ED yourself? :hmm:

Here you go: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-world-2-5/bugs-and-problems-ai/object-errors-ac/7129769-ships-flagged-late-activation-are-unexpectedly-exported-before-activation

It may help our cause if you add your comments to that thread.

• Like 1

Make sure that

• You are in External View (F6)
  • You have clicked on the 2-airplane button to activate it so that the aircraft are showing red and blue
  • In the drop-down menu of the 2-aircraft button, Centered is chosed
  • Both aircraft are selected, one as primary object and one as secondary object

Then a green line will appear and the middle of the green line will be centered as you move around, as demonstrated it this screenshot:

Sorry, I only just spotted this ... this is odd because I get this:

957618856_Screenshot2020-11-10101700.thumb.png.d46b4bd6aaabb82cf9e69e3abee2ff4c.png

The left-clicked plane is always centered, so half the screen is 'wasted'.

Sorry, I only just spotted this ... this is odd because I get this:

The left-clicked plane is always centered, so half the screen is 'wasted'.

Thanks for the screenshot, I see what the problem is - in your screenshot the two planes on the button are grey because the button is not activated. Click on the button to activate it - then the planes will be blue and red.

1152437024_DogfightButtonNotActivated.thumb.png.f4a95a5a7cce133d902e9aa08f5075bd.png 1997173339_DogfightButtonActivated.thumb.png.4d41e00484bd9c472ac17e8b91c3d796.png

Hi team..... I'm having an issue where a session file is being created but no telemetry is being recorded, basically blank files. I've scrolled through these pages but there's so much info and multiple conversations going on its hard to track or find a similar issue. Trial version, then upgraded to paid standard version and all working fine until 1 day it all stopped recording. I've uninstalled and re-installed with no change. Could anyone please advise if they have the same issue or experienced it and have a solution? Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hello

I followed this tuto https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/dcs-world-topics/mods-and-apps/245344-how-to-use-dedicated-server-s-with-tacview-real-time-telemetry?t=243719 to be able to check in our flights without the 10-minute delay on our dedicated DCS World server but it doesn't work.

Tacview records flights well but always with the time lag.

Has anyone ever encountered the same problem?

It's on a dedicated server

Thank you

nt16.jpg

I5-4690k 3,9 - 32 gb ram ddr3 - 1080ti

Rift S - hotas Warthog + F-18 stick - Hotas Cougar - MFD Cougar - TPR Tm

Similar issue. Can I confirm that ALL CLIENTS connecting to a DS server that does not have Tacview installed have a mandatory enforced 10 minute client side delay added, regardless of what the client sets?

On a server with no Tacview installed but which exports and also has the Tacview variables defined, clients have the message, "Applying playback delay of 10 minutes to prevent cheating". Since this is our squadrons persistent server we don't have a cheating issue to solve but we do dislike waiting ten minutes to disconnect to evaluate dogfighting. It appears (and it's really tough to understand this after reading and using this software for so many years) that, you must have Tacview installed on the server for clients to bypass the 10 minutes delay, which can be a nightmare to setup for servers with multiple installations and profiles - we really don't want to add any burden to the servers for performance, hence this is why we put the debt onto the clients to take their own Tacview. Hope that makes sense, is this unavoidable?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *