Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Hi Captain Orso,

Indeed radar locks for non-Flaming Cliffs aircraft is a long term goal for us. :)

You can set a bookmark by using RAlt + B.

We tested the SA-10 SAM's 5V55R missile range ourselves and determined that 27nm is appropriate. Do you have a flight recording showing a lethal hit at much more than 27nm?

Well, I'm training to not get hit, and I've been doing pretty well, so no I've not actually gotten hit for quite some time, but I have had some close calls right at the edge of the missiles range.

I've attached one example. The 5V55R wasn't terribly close when it self-destructed -- about 4nm --, but it was at a range of 40nm from the launcher, and I've had close calls with the missile within 2500 feet(!!) when it self destructed. It launched at about zulu 4:17:30 and self-destructed at about 4:20:30.

The thing with SA-10's is, unless you can manage to nape-of-earth your way into close range with them, they are always going to fire from great distance, which means, by the time they are anywhere near you, they are coasting and invisible to you. You can only guess how long they are a danger and stay out of their possible range until then. The game is to maneuver so that they use up their energy and shorten their lethal range.

But if you're not extremely careful and aware that they can easily live for three minutes(!!) it is easy to wander to within their range, and suddenly... *BOOM*, even at a range of 40nm from the launcher.

Tacview-20200214-005909-DCS-Cauc Training Kobuleti 26 8am NoWind Cld7 Stennis TargetScript JTAC .rar

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hello,

I am planning to buy TacView Advanced mainly for the Real-Time telemetry option.

But I have two questions:

1. Can I buy the standalone version from the TacView website and then install and activate it on my main DCS computer and on second laptop? With the Steam version I can probably do this?

2. Is it possible to view the Real-Time telemetry from DCS running on my main DCS computer on my laptop with a second install of TacView?

Hope you can help me thanks.

:helpsmilie:

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Hello,

I am planning to buy TacView Advanced mainly for the Real-Time telemetry option.

But I have two questions:

1. Can I buy the standalone version from the TacView website and then install and activate it on my main DCS computer and on second laptop? With the Steam version I can probably do this?

2. Is it possible to view the Real-Time telemetry from DCS running on my main DCS computer on my laptop with a second install of TacView?

I already got the Real-Time telemetry running from my main DCS computer to my laptop with TacView working. :thumbup:

Question remaining can I activate TavView on two home computers? :helpsmilie:

New question can I view DCS mission flight plans in TacView? :helpsmilie:

If not this would be a nice to have in 2.0. :smilewink:

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Thanks for this very interesting flight recording! I looked at it carefully and I think the missiles are just behaving really erratically due to DCS bugs right now. We'll increase the range a bit for now but we also want to wait for all these bugs to settle down before making any major changes.

Well, I'm training to not get hit, and I've been doing pretty well, so no I've not actually gotten hit for quite some time, but I have had some close calls right at the edge of the missiles range.

I've attached one example. The 5V55R wasn't terribly close when it self-destructed -- about 4nm --, but it was at a range of 40nm from the launcher, and I've had close calls with the missile within 2500 feet(!!) when it self destructed. It launched at about zulu 4:17:30 and self-destructed at about 4:20:30.

The thing with SA-10's is, unless you can manage to nape-of-earth your way into close range with them, they are always going to fire from great distance, which means, by the time they are anywhere near you, they are coasting and invisible to you. You can only guess how long they are a danger and stay out of their possible range until then. The game is to maneuver so that they use up their energy and shorten their lethal range.

But if you're not extremely careful and aware that they can easily live for three minutes(!!) it is easy to wander to within their range, and suddenly... *BOOM*, even at a range of 40nm from the launcher.

Edited by BuzyBee

Hi Dutch,

Tacview licenses are good for one user on multiple computers or one computer for multiple users. So if you are the only user yes you can activate it on two home computers.

However, if you have the Steam version, Steam will not allow two instances to be run at the same time.

Right now there is no way to view DCS mission flight plans in Tacview but it is something we plan to try to do in the future.

I already got the Real-Time telemetry running from my main DCS computer to my laptop with TacView working. :thumbup:

Question remaining can I activate TavView on two home computers? :helpsmilie:

New question can I view DCS mission flight plans in TacView? :helpsmilie:

If not this would be a nice to have in 2.0. :smilewink:

Hi Dutch,

Tacview licenses are good for one user on multiple computers or one computer for multiple users. So if you are the only user yes you can activate it on two home computers.

However, if you have the Steam version, Steam will not allow two instances to be run at the same time.

Right now there is no way to view DCS mission flight plans in Tacview but it is something we plan to try to do in the future.

That answers all my questions thanks :thumbup:

Tacview Dedicated Server Issue

Hi,

I've been trying to get Tacview to record client sessions on a dedicated server by setting:

["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = true

However when I connect as a client and spawn in, it doesn't create any files.

Tacview does output the expected single file when I set:

["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false

I'm wondering if it's something to do with the server pausing when there are no clients and resuming when someone joins?

I.e. In my serverSettings.lua I have:

["pause_without_clients"] = true

["resume_mode"] = 2

Tacview doesn't log anything out of the ordinary to the dcs.log file. My Tacview settings look like this:

options.lua:

["plugins"] = {

[indent]["Tacview"] = {
[indent]["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 0,
["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = false,
["tacviewHostTelemetryPassword"] = "",
["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,
["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 60,
["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = true,
["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,[/indent]

},[/indent]
}

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot further?

Hi Tariq,

Thanks for this message because you made us realize that under the conditions you have described, where ["pause_without_clients"] = true, the first client to join the server may not be recorded.

We will investigate this issue further and try to fix it in a coming update.

Hi Tariq,

Thanks for this message because you made us realize that under the conditions you have described, where ["pause_without_clients"] = true, the first client to join the server may not be recorded.

Thanks so much for looking into it.

If you need logs or anything just let me know :)

Hi Tariq,

I recently had the problem that tacview on server side only recorded the first mission started on a dedicated server. If you change the mission without a restart, the follow on mission won't be recorded.

I can't Record Dcs Flights even in the Instant Action !

["Tacview"] = {

["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,

["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 1,

["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,

Hello,

It seams that Tacview do not log ejection event from AV-8B Harrier II NA

after acmi export to xml there is no such event :(

Я лично в общем-то летал. У меня 42 вылета, и каждый раз меня сбивали. Если честно говорить, то в общем-то я ни разу сам не посадил самолёт.

Dedicated DCS server: http://www.cskies.net/

i7-9700K @3.60 GHz, GTX1080, Oculus Rift CV1, Saitek X56 Rhino, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Hi Aeolus,

Can you please send me you dcs.log?

I can't Record Dcs Flights even in the Instant Action !

["Tacview"] = {

["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,

["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 1,

["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,

Ejection.rar

Here is Ejection acmi file file

There is 3 Ejection. AV8 and M2000 where is problem. (No Ejection event in xml export)

And AJ37 where ejection is ok:

<Event>

<Time>16.32</Time>

<PrimaryObject ID="11">

<Type>Aircraft</Type>

<Name>AJ 37 Viggen</Name>

<Pilot>Crimson</Pilot>

<Coalition>Enemies</Coalition>

<Country>se</Country>

<Group>AJ37</Group>

</PrimaryObject>

<Action>HasFired</Action>

<SecondaryObject ID="14">

<Type>Parachutist</Type>

<Name>Pilot</Name>

<Country>se</Country>

<Parent>11</Parent>

</SecondaryObject>

</Event>

Я лично в общем-то летал. У меня 42 вылета, и каждый раз меня сбивали. Если честно говорить, то в общем-то я ни разу сам не посадил самолёт.

Dedicated DCS server: http://www.cskies.net/

i7-9700K @3.60 GHz, GTX1080, Oculus Rift CV1, Saitek X56 Rhino, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Looks like a bug in DCS World where the pilot is typed as miscellaneous shrapnel. We will fix our exporter to get around this in an upcoming update.Thanks for letting us know and for providing this data!

[ATTACH]229983[/ATTACH]

Here is Ejection acmi file file

There is 3 Ejection. AV8 and M2000 where is problem. (No Ejection event in xml export)

And AJ37 where ejection is ok:

<Event>

<Time>16.32</Time>

<PrimaryObject ID="11">

<Type>Aircraft</Type>

<Name>AJ 37 Viggen</Name>

<Pilot>Crimson</Pilot>

<Coalition>Enemies</Coalition>

<Country>se</Country>

<Group>AJ37</Group>

</PrimaryObject>

<Action>HasFired</Action>

<SecondaryObject ID="14">

<Type>Parachutist</Type>

<Name>Pilot</Name>

<Country>se</Country>

<Parent>11</Parent>

</SecondaryObject>

</Event>

Dumb question.... in the DCS log, Tacview is making an entry every *10 milliseconds*. Is this right? I'm trying to track down some server performance issues....

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Dumb question.... in the DCS log, Tacview is making an entry every *10 milliseconds*. Is this right? I'm trying to track down some server performance issues....

Yes, this is happening to us also. The log files have gotten so huge that they've filled up the drive on our server - one was 32 gigs alone. The entries are these, over and over:

2020-03-23 03:04:08.454 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: During the last 0.0s an average of 0 units objects and 0 ballistic objects have been active per frame
2020-03-23 03:04:08.454 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: The average frame rate of 124.6fps would have been 124.6fps if the flight data recorder was disabled
2020-03-23 03:04:08.454 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL: DCS World simulation is taking 100.0% of CPU
2020-03-23 03:04:08.454 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL:  DCS GetWorldObjects is taking  0.0% of CPU
2020-03-23 03:04:08.454 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL:     Tacview recorder is taking  0.0% of CPU

Is there a setting somewhere we need to change, or is this related to an error we haven't tracked down?

EDIT: Nevermind - found the issue. Somehow the Tacview Profiling Period in our options.lua file was set to zero. Setting it back to 10 minutes fixed the issue.

Edited by Casimir06

We will investigate this and get it rectified as soon as possible!

I recently had the problem that tacview on server side only recorded the first mission started on a dedicated server. If you change the mission without a restart, the follow on mission won't be recorded.

zoom on the playback control bar

Is there a way to zoom the playback control bar onto a particular time interval? I'm finding it hard to see individual events or scroll the slider to them when there is a lot happening of interest during a few minutes in the middle of a long and mostly boring mission. The events are all crowded together in the middle of the bar, rendering it pretty much useless. I know there are other ways to focus on individual events, but that isn't what I'm asking for.

Also, is there a quick way to jump directly to when a particular AI unit spawns?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Tacview doesn't replay track files. It plays ACMI files that it creates (if properly installed) while you are flying. These are typically saved (given default installation) in the Tacview subfolder of your Documents folder. (Location can be changed in the Tacview options.) Look there for an ACMI file matching your MP session. I believe this only works if the MP server supports Tacview.

Hey guys if I have a multiplayer replay track file how do I get that to open in tacview?

Do I have to play it in the replay for it to save into tacview and if so do I have to play it at real-time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

You'd have to replay in DCS World to generate an .acmi file

I do recommend that you replay in real-time. You might be able to get away with replaying at 2x but there might be discrepancies.

Also if you do not have the exact same version of DCS installed on your computer as was used during the making of the track file, you may see discrepancies.

Hey guys if I have a multiplayer replay track file how do I get that to open in tacview?

Do I have to play it in the replay for it to save into tacview and if so do I have to play it at real-time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk