Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Hotfix for multiplayer crash

I have fixed the crash in DCS World when you come back to spectator mode during multiplayer missions.

Please download and install the attached hotfix. See included readme.txt for the procedure.

http://www.tacview.net/download/tacview154hotfix.zip

This fix is included in Tacview 1.6 which should be published soon™.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Regarding the "delay", is this made so also the tracks are locked with this delay? For example I play in Blue flag and it seems they have not set up the last Tacview so the last 10 minutes delay apply by default and also the ACMI only shows my plane. Fair enough...

But, if I replay my track on my pc to get the full ACMI file I still get the last 10 minutes chopped out. Is this intended by design/limitations?

And another question.

Is this 10 minutes delay sure enough so we could recommend servers to use 1.5.4 and allow full export to players and have no fear of cheaters exploiting the system?

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Is this 10 minutes delay sure enough...

I do not believe that cheaters / exploiters can do to much even with 2-3 minute delay.

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

@Pheonix0869

I have noticed the problem when flying online. It looks like this is a bug related to the way DCS World handles objects in multiplayer. There is currently no easy way to end an object life from Tacview. But this is definitively something I may add in a later release.

As for the bullseye, I will soon™ start to work on Tacview 2.0. I think that Bullseyes will be displayed all the time, on the ground, and they will be easier to read too.

@zaelu

Indeed, it looks like track files recorded during network flights are emulating an network session when played back. I will see if there is a proper way for me to disable to anti-cheat delay in that case. I cannot promise anything, because I think that removing the restrictions during track files playback may encourage cheaters to use track files…

This is up to you, the community, to let me know what would be an appropriate anti-cheat delay. So far, I am assuming that the default 10 minutes is more than enough to prevent bad people from engaging/sneaking behind enemy lines for free. I can add lower optional delays if you think this is appropriate (like, maybe, 5 minutes for example).

• Like 1

Real-Time telemetry in Tacview 1.6 beta 1

Try now the real-time telemetry in Tacview 1.6 beta 1!

Want to know how the real-time telemetry will do with DCS World? Try now Tacview 1.6 beta 1.

http://tacview.net/download/beta

As promised, I am releasing the first public version of the real-time telemetry before DCS World F/A-18 is released ;)

Password and port numbers will be configurable in future releases. It will also be possible to prevent real-time data export on your public server except for those who have the right password.

Fell free to post any feedback regarding real-time telemetry on this thread.

epPKd-xFyLc

Try now the real-time telemetry in Tacview 1.6 beta 1!

Password and port numbers will be configurable in future releases. It will also be possible to prevent real-time data export on your public server except for those who have the right password.

epPKd-xFyLc

Came here to ask about port configurability. Glad to hear it is coming! This looks like a really neat feature.

Bug in TACVIEW 1.5.4?

In MP I could only see my own aircraft, so I uninstalled it and installed 1.5.4 from scratch. Now it's even worse! a short time into the mission my airplane suddenly flies over the Asov sea.

What can I do to fix this?

In single player it works fine.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

@LeCuvier

• Which MP server where you flying on?
  • What mission was it? Which aircraft did you choose?
  • For each MP flight, DCS records a track file, can you share it so I can reproduce the issue? (should be somewhere in \Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\Multiplayer\ )
  • Did the server authorize data export? (see Q22 of the FAQ http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q22 )
  • After reproducing the issue, can you share me the *.log files which can be found in \Saved Games\DCS\Logs ?

@Prinzartus

Tacview seems to be swapping Super 530s for Magics with the Mirage. It shows Magic launches as Super 530Ds, and the Super 530 launches are shown as MATRA.

A feature I'd kind of like to see is a "friends" list. Usually when I'm reviewing a recording it's because I want to see what my buddies and I are doing. With that in mind, if we could make a list of callsigns and have tacview automatically highlight aircraft with those pilots (e.g. render them in green and yellow instead of blue and red or something like that) and maybe move them to the top of the drop-down lists it would make it easier to sort out complex situations.

Edited by ScAvenger001

The bug about French missiles has been fixed in Tacview 1.6 (current or next beta).

I am currently in the concept phase of Tacview 2.0. I think that you will be happy with the brand-new UI which will automatically detect who are your team mates and your favorite objects.

@LeCuvier

• Which MP server where you flying on?
  • What mission was it? Which aircraft did you choose?
  • For each MP flight, DCS records a track file, can you share it so I can reproduce the issue? (should be somewhere in \Saved Games\DCS\Tracks\Multiplayer\ )
  • Did the server authorize data export? (see Q22 of the FAQ http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q22 )
  • After reproducing the issue, can you share me the *.log files which can be found in \Saved Games\DCS\Logs ?

1. =BURNING SKIES= WWII SERVER

2. NORMANDY1944_ANTICIPATION

3. Tried to upload the track file but the upload failed. Although the mission was quite short, it has over 20 MB. Anyway it seems to be useless. When I try to replay it in DCS I only see a static map; no action, no objects

4. I'm not the owner of the mission and therefore cannot check this. But when I started the mission the chat window displayed this line:

"Recording flight data in ... (file path)" and a line saying that it applies a playback delay of 10 minutes. (screenshot attached)

5. Attached. Note the only error lines related to .LUA were about failed calls to sounder files for ground units.

I could not reproduce the behaviour where my plane seemed to crisscross over the Asov sea. But as before, the file shows only my own aircraft although there were at least 5 each red and blue aircraft during that time.

Also there was a large number of ground units and again, none of these were visible. During the misssion I destroyed a blue ground unit, and that event is not in the file either.

After landing at Anapa and ending the mission, I stayed connected to the mission for about 15 minutes before looking at the ACMI file.

1992071463_MPScreenshot20170221.jpg.7a1eb9ec675d44069b0c373c47123c79.jpg

dcs_LogFile.zip

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

@LeCuvier

point 3: for the MP track replay you'll need to un-pause the replay (the server was probably paused at mission start) hit Pause/Break key once the track loads the wait a few seconds until your aircraft spawns

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Thanks Dingo Bob!

Yes it certainly takes a while before you are seated in your aircraft.

Unfortunately, like in the real-time MP mission, I cannot get an outside view via F2. Do you also know a solution for that?

LeCuvier

the replay track is saved with the server settings so if it's not allowed on the server then those settings are not allowed in the replay,

i think i remember reading about a way of unpacking the replay and editing the settings and repacking it but i'm not sure (or maybe I thinking that's how to get a copy of the server mission itself)

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

@Prinzartus

I am not getting thatlog created at all?! :helpsmilie:

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

@LeCuvier

Thanks for the data! A quick look in the bottom right corner of DCS World multiplayer lobby window can show you if the server has enabled or disabled data export.

As we can see in the screenshot I have added to the documentation, http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q21 , BURNING SKIES has prohibited data recording except for your own aircraft.

So, the result you are getting is correct. The two solutions are either recording your data from the track file or convincing the server to enable data export…

@JaBoG32_Prinzartus

DCS World always creates log files (even when it crashes), check again in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\ or ask Window to find dcs.log* files for you.

@Gliptal

Try the “Merge” function, it should work and display your static objects in the current battlefield. In Tacview 2.0 I will make it work with drag & drop too.

@virtuosz,

thanks I didn't know that. I will try to persude eekz :)

LeCuvier

Please, read the provided documentation.

@yufighter

Glad to hear it! Did you know that you can store all your Tacview addons in the following folder?

%ProgramData%\Tacview\Data\Meshes\

This folder will never move, and all its data are shared between all your installs of Tacview (beta or not)

@JaBoG32_Prinzartus

This log file shows plenty of errors. This point is discussed at the Q16 of the official documentation:

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q16

Assuming that nothing is working in it, your best bet is:

• Delete your export.lua file
  • Reinstall Tacview 1.5.4 (no need to uninstall it first)

This will fix your export problem.

Thanks for looking into it. Actually, everything else does work fine. I'll consider your suggestion.

Edit: Thanks! Reinstalling has helped.

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

With high angle dives, there doesn't seem to be enough separation for Tacview to not have the bomb hit the aircraft moments after release.

I attached a Tacview file, you can see it happening at 21:22:54, 21:25:05, 21:25:35, and so on. The only time it doesn't happen is with the release at 21:23:41, which you may notice is a shallower dive.

Also, M274 rockets disappear midair after a set amount of time (21:09:36, 21:10:40 and so on), but I believe this is the smoke version's behaviour.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-lTLrKHEXokcmF4dldHbzV1SHc

Edited by Gliptal