Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

I downloaded Tacview 1.5.3 Beta 2, and installed it alongside the 1.5.2 stable. Thing is, I can't seem to active the exporter for the former: there is no "Record DCS World" option in the menu, unlike the stable.

Am I missing something in the install process? Maybe something that has to do with having both version installed?

Hi, I found in DCS too but my question is the same,does 1.5.3 have "Record DCS World" option ? What about that DCS World icon in the bottom right corner of the status bar? I had in 1.5.2 but NOT in 1.5.3.

Thanks in advance

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Yes, you will eventually see a proper 3D model for the Gazelle. I have ordered more 3D models and they will be integrated as soon as they are ready, in the coming releases.

Dear Vyrtuoz,

Would you please answer two questions:

1) Is there a DCS World icon in the bottom right corner of the status bar in 1.5.3 ?

2) Is there the "Record DCS World" option in 1.5.3

I thank you in advance.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Dear Vyrtuoz,

Would you please answer two questions:

1) Is there a DCS World icon in the bottom right corner of the status bar in 1.5.3 ?

I thank you in advance.

All the answers to you questions are in lost one here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181418

Just AWESOME! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All the answers to you questions are in lost one here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181418

Well Snoopy, maybe I´m stupid but I didn´t find there the answers of my two question above, I´m asking because the ACTUAL documentation "User Guide – DCS World" (http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/en/ ) stands:

"you should see a little DCS World icon visible in the bottom right corner of the status bar. If this is the case then Tacview script is properly installed"

But I don´t see that icon and the same documentation says "In that case, launch the latest version of Tacview and use the appropriate option to automatically reinstall the latest export script: Record DCS World flights"

That´s because I´m asking,because I also don´t have this "Record DCS World flights" option either, since there´s no manual for this version 1.5.3, I still don´t know the answer.

So would someone please answer two questions (with a simple yes or no):

Thank you so much.

Edited by Hamilton

No.

No.

Again, both these things are now handled within DCS.

Thank you so much Gliptal

The “Record DCS World” option and DCS World status bar icon have been removed from Tacview 1.5.3.

The new exporter is automatically installed and removed when you install and uninstall Tacview 1.5.3. The export options are now in DCS World, in the DCS World special options menu.

You can choose where to save your flights from within Tacview. By default, all the flights are saved in “My Documents\Tacview\”

823932618534223872b.jpg

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

hoochiekoo

Can you share me your file Tacview-20170127-141322-DCS.zip.acmi?

If the .zip.acmi file does not contain any information the old .txt.acmi will not contain any information either. The old .txt.acmi file is not supported anymore. It has been replaced by a new format and is generated by a new exporter.

Did you fly in a network game? In that case, maybe the server has completely disabled the export on its side.

Hey Vyrtuoz,

I encountered a problem with the Open Beta 1.5.6 and Tacview 1.5.3. Everything is working fine except the MiG-21 training missions. Only seconds after getting into the cockpit DCS crashes. It's a vanilla install and I attached the logfile in my original MiG 21 bug report

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181562

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could clarify when a track is recorded on a server or not.

TLDR - question at the end.

The server I usually fly on has the following settings:

Allow object export: no

Allow Sensor's Export: no

Allow Player's Export: yes

When logging into the mission I see the following information:

- Tacview is not installed on the host

- Recording flight data in D:\Users\ etc. etc.\filename.zip.acmi

- Applying playback delay of 10 minutes to prevent cheating

I've never seen the last three messages before and understand that they come from the latest Tacview update.

Now the message when inside the mission gives me the impression that there will be a recording, (something that did not happen before the latest Tacview update) but with a 10-minute delay.

After flying the mission however, I see the .zip.acmi file, but it is only 1 kb in size and do not contain any data.

So to my question:

Am I still dependent upon that the server side allows recording? Or have I done something wrong in the settings myself? If the server side do not allow recordings, do I still have to run a replay to see what happened?

Thank you very much!

I am going to investigate this crash as soon as possible.

Hey Vyrtuoz,

I encountered a problem with the Open Beta 1.5.6 and Tacview 1.5.3. Everything is working fine except the MiG-21 training missions. Only seconds after getting into the cockpit DCS crashes. It's a vanilla install and I attached the logfile in my original MiG 21 bug report

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181562

Chichco and FSKRipper,

It looks like a bug in the new Tacview exporter. Please, can you provide me the following information? This will help me to fix this bug as quickly as possible.

(First you need to reinstall Tacview 1.5.3 to reinstall the new exporter, there is no need to uninstall it before doing so)

I need the following:

• Do you have this problem with all missions or a specific mission?
  • Is it in single player or multi-player mode?
  • Can you tell me precisely which mission does not work? (if possible, a standalone DCS World mission, since I cannot play a full campaign because of lack of time or skills.)
  • Can you share me your \Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log and dcs.log.old files (after exiting DCS after you encounter the problem)? (these files contain very important diagnostic information)
  • If you got a crash, can you share me the latest crash files generated in your \Saved Games\DCS\Logs\? (like the file shared by FSKRipper)

Thank you very much, sorry for the inconvenience, I am going to do my best to publish a fix as quickly as possible.

Vyrtuoz

Hoochiekoo

Is looks like data export is disabled in your friend server preferences. Please see Q22 in the dedicated documentation http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q22

If export options are fully enabled, you may have encountered an export bug. In that case, can you provide me as much information possible, like listed in my previous reply. I will need at least the dcs.log created during the flight which was not properly recorded.

Chichco and FSKRipper,

It looks like a bug in the new Tacview exporter. Please, can you provide me the following information? This will help me to fix this bug as quickly as possible.

(First you need to reinstall Tacview 1.5.3 to reinstall the new exporter, there is no need to uninstall it before doing so)

I need the following:

• Do you have this problem with all missions or a specific mission?
  • Is it in single player or multi-player mode?
  • Can you tell me precisely which mission does not work? (if possible, a standalone DCS World mission, since I cannot play a full campaign because of lack of time or skills.)
  • Can you share me your \Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log and dcs.log.old files (after exiting DCS after you encounter the problem)? (these files contain very important diagnostic information)
  • If you got a crash, can you share me the latest crash files generated in your \Saved Games\DCS\Logs\? (like the file shared by FSKRipper)

Thank you very much, sorry for the inconvenience, I am going to do my best to publish a fix as quickly as possible.

Vyrtuoz

Hey Virtuoz,

the crashes (at least for me) are only happening after the initial unpausing of the training missions of the Gazelle and MiG-21 when recording is activated. All other stand alone missions or campaigns are working fine.

Modules I tested so far: MiG-21, Gazelle, Viggen, Su-25T, Mirage, F-86, A-10C

I only tested single player so far and attached the logs as you wished.

Crash.zip

Logs.zip

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]