ISIS CrisIS - Mission One (SP and MP versions)

Hello everyone, I am making a series of missions based on the conflict against ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

Overview:

Coalition forces have been forwarded deployed to the Middle East to destroy the Islamic State In Syria (also known as IS or ISIL). Many of these forces have ties to Al-Qaida, Chechen Muslim insurgents, and other key terrorist organizations. Command is determined to utilize Airpower and SF Units to “Capture or Kill” several insurgent leaders and commanders in the coming weeks. USN Seal Team 6, Delta Force, British & Australian SAS, OGA Units, Jordanian JSOC Units, and US Army Rangers are on-standby for immediate deployment anywhere in the AO to execute orders.

k8h2ptnld6pmkqbzg.jpg

Mod Install Directions:

NOTE: When you install the two mods via JSGME, you will get a warning about folders already being added. Push Yes, this has no effect on the mission or mods.

vyw4x46tbbpeacyzg.jpg

Mission One Downloads:

MODS REQUIRED:

The following object packs are required: Ranger79's Object Pack v2.4.1 HERE and the 229th Complete Desert Terrain Mod V3 D/L HERE.

MP Version 2: (4 A10C Clients) D/L HERE Updated 3/1/2015 (1.2.15 Update, no major issues)

SP Version 3: D/L HERE Updated 3/1/2015 (1.2.15 Update, no major issues)

Mission One Information:

ISIS Crisis - Mission One

Beta Test / Mission By Ranger79

Special thanks to: Cobrabase, EODCheese, & BlackMagic!

Coalition forces have been forwarded deployed to Kuwait to destroy Islamic State In Syria (also known as IS or ISIL). Many of these forces have ties to Al-Qaida, Hezbollah, Chechen Muslim insurgents, and other key terrorist organizations. Command is determined to utilize Airpower and SF Units to “Capture or Kill” several insurgent leaders and commanders in the coming weeks. USN Seal Team 6, Delta Force, British & Australian SAS, OGA Units, and US Army Rangers are on-standby for immediate deployment anywhere in the AO to execute orders.

Campaign Objectives Include:

- Liberate Iraq and Syria of ISIS forces.

- Eliminate the terrorist nexus inside of Iraq and Syria.

- Support friendly Coalition ground forces in the region.

- “Capture-or-Kill” High Value Targets and / or War Criminals in the region.

Mission One Objectives:

----------------------------

OBJECTIVES:

-----------------------------

(1) Destroy enemy ground targets at WP1 marked as TGT1.

(2) Provide On-Call CAS for all Coalition Forces in the AO as directed by Regional Commander.

(3) Destroy all enemy ground targets at Maykop Airfield located at TGT4.

FLIGHT CONDITIONS:

Date: Jul 14, 2015

Time: 1745 Hours Local

Temp: 26° C

Weather: Partly Cloudy

Wind: Light

NOVOROSSIYSK AIRFIELD INFORMATION:

ELEV: 590m

TOWER FREQ: 123.00 AM

FLIGHTS:

“Hawg” Flight – A-10C (4 A/C Flight)

Freq: UHF 251.00 Mhz

Fuel 60%, Weight 100%

Chaff / Flare 180 / 120

Load Out:

100% Gun Ammo

2x: GBU-38

6x: AGM-65D

7x: MK5E (HE Rocket)

7x GBU-12

2x: AIM-9M

1x: AN/AAQ-28 LITENING

1x: ALQ-131

“Texaco” Flight – KC-135

Freq: UHF 255.00 Mhz

TACAN: 5X

“Overlord” Flight – E-2D AWACS

“Pontiac” Flight – A-10C (Israeli 2-ship)

(Optional Use for TGT4 targets)

THREATS:

=Insurgent attacks (VBIEF, IED, Suicide bombers, small arms fire) (Unskilled to Expert Skill Level)

=Light armored vehicles (mounted weapons)

=Armored vehicles

=Indirect fire (mortar and rocket)

=Anti-Air threats (medium to medium-high)MANPAD & AAA

ENEMY FACTIONS:

=ISIS

=Al-Qaida

=Hezbollah

=Special Purpose Islamic Regiment (SPIR)

=Riyadus-Salikhin Reconnaissance

=Sabotage Battalion of Chechen Martyrs

MISSION BUILDER NOTES:

- The following MODS must be installed: Ranger79’s Object Pack and the 229th Desert Terrain Mod v3

- Instructions and SITREP will be given when mission begins in addition to when different tasks are assigned.

- Utilizing F10 Option may be required at certain points in the mission.

-Have fun and enjoy!

Mission Two Downloads:

All versions at 1.0 (6/19/2015)

You can use either Desert Mod, just choose the correct mission.

MODS:

Ranger79's Object Pack v1.4 D/L HERE

Starway's Desert Mod 3.0 Forum Post HERE

229th Desert Terrain Mod v3 D/L HERE

--------------------

Mission Brief HERE

Mission Briefing Overview Video - Mission 2:

--------------------

2 Player Client MP (& 2 AI Wingmen) - Starway's Desert Mod 3.0 D/L Mission HERE

4 Player Client MP Starway's Desert Mod 3.0 D/L Mission HERE

SP Version Starway's Desert Mod 3.0 D/L Mission HERE

2 Player Client MP (& 2 AI Wingmen) - 229th Desert Mod D/L Mission HERE

4 Player Client MP 229th Desert Mod D/L Mission HERE

SP Version 229th Desert Mod D/L Mission HERE

Special Thanks to: Blooze, Brian, Kia Star, Jack Flash, feefifofum for voice overs & BlackMagic for Mission Testing!!

Edited by Ranger79

First one to thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

Cool, I'll check it out for sure.

Just a note (not criticism, just "by the way"), Hezbollah have actually been fighting against ISIS and AQ-affiliated groups in Syria and Iraq. Hezbollah are Shia, aligned with Iran (who have been bombing IS), IS and AQ are Sunni.

I'd post more links but they're behind a paygate like this one:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/07/17/should-the-cia-be-sharing-intelligence-that-could-help-hezbollah/

The enemy of the CIA’s enemy in Lebanon is still its enemy. But, according to a report for McClatchy by FP contributor Mitchell Prothero, when the CIA discovered that al Qaeda-affiliated rebel groups in Syria were plotting attacks against Hezbollah’s strongholds in Lebanon, they shared that intelligence with the Lebanese government — "with the understanding that it would be passed to Hezbollah."

Edited by emg

Quick change to SP, I did not make Hawg 1-1 PLAYER in the mission, just reuploaded fixed mission. If you do not want to redownload, just open ME and change Hawg 1-1 to PLAYER.

Quick change to SP, I did not make Hawg 1-1 PLAYER in the mission, just reuploaded fixed mission. If you do not want to redownload, just open ME and change Hawg 1-1 to PLAYER.

First off, thanks Ranger, love the depth in your missions, secondly I'm only playing SP.

My obs so far.

¤ roger the above, fixed that one cheers,

¤ at start there was two audio files playing simultaneously with briefing text, Gamma 2-6 over Whiplash-1,

¤ before I could take off, Gamma 2-6 said thanks and TGT1 was completed, was then sent to WP4.

¤ thought I'd follow waypoints as per mission anyway, halfway to WP1 got Whiplash brief for TGT4.

¤ low on fuel I decided to find tanker, then spent remainder of flight trying to refuel....... Flight ran out, Texaco ran out and crashed taking me as well.

Obviously last point is my problem :D

So far so good.

Edited by bjsracer

I'm only playing SP.

¤ roger the above,

¤ at start there was two audio files playing simultaneously with briefing text, Gamma 2-6 over Whiplash-1,

¤ before I could take off, Gamma 2-6 said thanks and TGT1 was completed, was then sent to WP4.

¤ thought I'd follow waypoints as per mission anyway, halfway to WP1 got Whiplash brief for TGT4.

¤ low on fuel I decided to find tanker, then spent remainder of flight trying to refuel....... Flight ran out, Texaco ran out and crashed taking me as well :D

So far so good.

I just played all the way through no issues SP and MP. Do you have the mods installed? I am almost 100% positive you do not have the mods installed correctly, ensure you use my newest version of the object pack linked above.

Edited by Ranger79

I just played all the way through no issues SP and MP. Do you have the mods installed?

They are activated in JSGME.....

nope...folder in the folder fail.

probably should have realised earlier I was not over desert terrain and therein lay my problem. :doh:

Edited by bjsracer
amatool

Hmm trying to enable (via JSGME) mod: Ranger 79s Mod Pack 1.3 JSGME, I get the following (pop-up) window message:

Folder "Mods\tech\Shapes" has already been added by the "229th Complete Desert Terrain Mod 3" mod.

Folder "Mods\tech\Textures" has already been added by the "229th Complete Desert Terrain Mod 3" mod.

Any help much appreciated!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

Hmm trying to enable (via JSGME) mod: Ranger 79s Mod Pack 1.3 JSGME, I get the following (pop-up) window message:

Folder "Mods\tech\Shapes" has already been added by the "229th Complete Desert Terrain Mod 3" mod.

Folder "Mods\tech\Textures" has already been added by the "229th Complete Desert Terrain Mod 3" mod.

Any help much appreciated!

Yeah just push affirmative, no issues.

Minor detail:

Novorossiysk ATC is 123.000 not 125.000

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are activated in JSGME.....

nope...folder in the folder fail.

probably should have realised earlier I was not over desert terrain and therein lay my problem. :doh:

Glad you got it working!

Just flew it. Loved it, except that my wingmen took off and flew over the gulf for some reason...

Yeah, what I usually do with AI is have them do alot of the AAA / SAM strikes and then have 3 & 4 RV the tanker while my wingman stays with me for the duration. Seems to work well in this mission.

How long will the coop version take to complete?

About 2.5 to 3 hours depending on air refueling.

Edited by Ranger79

GREAT mission. Go on the good work.

Thanks man, these missions are lot easier and less complex than Happy Bus and Welcome to Suse, but they are still fun to do. I can see this series going 6 or 7 missions pretty easy.

Wow! this is by far the best A-10C mission I have ever played! its a good duration and has you using your wingmen a lot.

Great Job and I cant wait for the next mission!!!

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Wow! this is by far the best A-10C mission I have ever played! its a good duration and has you using your wingmen a lot.

Great Job and I cant wait for the next mission!!!

Thanks Brother, I am really glad you enjoyed it.