DCS Warthog HOTAS Profiles by Polaris & Schnix

I am new to DCS World and have only installed version 2.0 with the Nevada Terrain. I tried following these directions for 2.0 but cannot locate the directories outlined in the instructions. Is there an alternative method for version 2.0 that I should be following or is this package only compatible with version 1.5? Thank you!

I'm using the files on 2.0 as well as on 1.5, and they work just fine.

I remember that at the first time I tried to find the directories looking into "My Documents", but the correct path is C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha.

Cheers.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more question, I followed the JSGME instructions but half way through the generate snapshot step I receive a "Stream Read Error". The site I downloaded it from had comments from users indicating that JSGME no longer works correctly. It is version 2.6 and I am using Windows 10. Any thoughts about what to do or is there an alternative for installing custom controls? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

That's a very good work what you did here Polaris and SchniX,

I just got the warthog, and your profils are helping me a lot, but I still have some questions for you :)

1/ For the trackiR: how can I set up the default key to center/pause? In the TrackIR software it's basicaly F9 and F12, but according to your profils it is DMS Dwn+lever. When I want to configure in the naturalpoint software, I cannot use a modifier key, only the lever OR the dms down, not BOTH.

2/ After dragging the input folders, when I'm playing, do I have to load every profiles to permit the game to take in consideration your settings?

3/ While playing, I can see "a copy" of the .lua file being created, is it normal? I thought once I have dragged your files, no other ones should appear?

4/ If I want to create a profile for the M2000C, should I pass via the TARGET software or directly from the game?

5/ If I want to modify your profile, is it from the game or TARGET software?

Thanks for the help, and making all of this clearer :)

1/ For the trackiR: how can I set up the default key to center/pause? In the TrackIR software it's basicaly F9 and F12, but according to your profils it is DMS Dwn+lever. When I want to configure in the naturalpoint software, I cannot use a modifier key, only the lever OR the dms down, not BOTH.

It's an Autohotkey script and not done through the TIR UI.

How to is in post #21 in this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2344787&postcount=21

2/ After dragging the input folders, when I'm playing, do I have to load every profiles to permit the game to take in consideration your settings?

Yes.

3/ While playing, I can see "a copy" of the .lua file being created, is it normal? I thought once I have dragged your files, no other ones should appear?

That's how DCS operates.

It's normal.

4/ If I want to create a profile for the M2000C, should I pass via the TARGET software or directly from the game?

Target and DCS UI are two different approaches:

1. DCS UI uses and sees two different controllers connected to the computer and you can assign commands to each one separately.

2. Target is TM own program that acts as a very powerful go between the physical controllers and Windows.

Windows doesn't see the controllers themselves but a new "combined" controller which can only be programmed through Target and in Target's own language.

This language is far from friendly but is very powerful and enables one a lot more.

Is Target necessary with DCS? In my opinion no and it's a waste of time for the DCS UI gives one almost all what the regular user needs.

With other Sims it's another story.

5/ If I want to modify your profile, is it from the game or TARGET software?

So...as answered in regard to section 4...since I didn't use Target: no.

Thanks for the help, and making all of this clearer :)

Reading the whole thread shall give you some other insights as well.

Enjoy :)

Edited by POLARIS1

jgVplRQ.png

Still working? Bcoz dont work for me - lever, zoom and in ka50 dont see XY for joystick.

Work, I only change the GUID in name of profiles joystick/throttle.diff.lua from your to our.

Edited by kzfr

• 2 weeks later...

Trackir accepts joystick buttons so by doing some minor button assignment changes, you do not need to use autohotkey any longer.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

The reason I use AutoHotKey is because I wanted to use a very accessible key without sacrificing its intended assignment...so...I can use DMS down for both DMS down and for TrackIR through a shifted layer (ie joystick lever + DMS down).

I do not know of a way to use Lever + any button assignment through the TrackIR UI.

jgVplRQ.png

I will give that some thought.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 1 month later...

NO link for the software?

The one issue I have not overcome... Is that the T.M. throttle has the "turn off engine" stage but when placed forward, it doesn't "START ENGINE"

on the A10C in DCS.

Also the game doesn't allow it to be configured "in game" as it see's no button/switch/axis movement or even offer the option to select or change the

"ALT + Insert" or "CTRL +Page UP" for the "off" or "idle" by using the dual throttle like it would be used in "REAL LIFE/ or Sim"

I checked in the windows and it sees the button assigned but doesn't correlate the button and the "off to Idle" movement of the Thrustmaster Worthog dual throttle.

Edited by Hermit713

• 2 months later...

I can't make this work. I have tried the A-10C in the normal DCS World 1.5 saved game folders, but there is no way to make it work. I have spent more than an hour creating profiles, deleting, copying, exiting and entering the game, but it will not register any of the profiles.

Any help or should I just program them myself ?

I have noticed that the ID that follows each part of the HOTAS (than long hex chain with like 30 digits) is different from mine. Is that the reason?

Edited by valrond

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem as you Valrond, I'll try fiddling with the hex chains see if that fixes it.

edit:

Aaaand yeap, that fixed it. I copy pasted the filenames of the control files from my backup config file over the name of the ones in Polaris' package. So I renamed \user\saved games\dcs\config\input\MiG-29\Joystick - HOTAS Warthog {5950CA20-F2B7-11e2-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua to user\saved games\dcs\config\input\MiG-29\Joystick - HOTAS Warthog {C0250130-47DB-11e7-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua. And that did it! \o/

Edited by schurem

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

The package has been downloaded, in this form or another, by thousands which have been using it mostly without an issue.

Every single aspect of how to use it is either explained within the package or through Q&A within the thread.

Read the manual, read the thread and put some effort into it and I am sure you shall sort it out.

jgVplRQ.png

• 4 weeks later...
Don't want to appear thick, but can someone please just tell me the path I need to 'copy and paste' this download to?...or where the instructions are. Thanks.

I put the download in a folder I created for the TM profiles in my DCS open beta folder. I expanded it in that folder. You get the instructions when you expand the download. Installing the profiles are pretty well covered in the instructions that come with the download (when all else fails, read the instructions), but I put the profiles in the aircraft "Saved Games" input folder. I put the alternatives where the instructions said to put them. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly, or the profiles might not load properly.

Edited by Balzarog
Additional info

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi POLARIS1, I'm a loyal user of your Warthog profiles, I've recently built a new pc and had to re download a lot of things. I noticed when reinstalling the profiles for the Mig-29 that there is different version lettering for the list of Mig-29's.

This list of available profiles shows:

Mig-29A

Mig-29G

Mig-29S

But in the extracted folder it shows:

Mig-29

Mig-29c

Mig-29g

Can you please tell me which is which. I looked through all the forums threads but didn't find an answer before sending you this question.

Thanks very much for the profiles

KV~ S!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the time saving, guys. It's very much appreciated.

Now, to play with AutoHotKey.

...oh, and Happy Fiftieth Polaris.

WinX | i7 7700K @ 4.5 | ROG Maximus IX Hero| ASUS ROG GTX 1080 @ 8/256 | G.SKILL TridentZ @ 32 | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | SanDisk SSD Plus 240 & 960 | Acer XG270HU 27 2560x1440 | AOC E1659Fwu w/TM Cougars | TM Warthog #53817 w/Monstertech HOTAS Mounts | CH Pro Pedals | Track IR 5 | Razer Blackwidow X Tourney, Naga Epic Chroma, Blackshark | Plugable USB 3.0 7-port hub

f86 tm wh profile

Hey guys..Finally gettin everything back in order here....

Im starting all over again but cant seem to find a tm hog profile for the f86 and how to load it....

Kinda tinkered a lil while last night and crashed a few times cause of bindings were wrong by default....

Dont remember enuf how to load profiles n such but i did get a flight in and had a bit of a rough landing....I killed myself when i hit my brakes on my crosswind peddles and suddenly my sabre went flipping..lol seems my peddles were useing same bindings as stick..

Frustrating not knowing all this pc lingo stuff and trying to figure it out....

Edited by craig_sez

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

If I understand it correctly, the thread is about profiles for TM Warthog HOTAS, and essentially those are files, I need to load in DCS. Is it correct?

Is there any pros/cons vs using TARGET profiles?

Do you know about any working set of TARGET profiles with equal amount of work put in? (including graphic profile schema)

• 1 month later...

Having been using your profile pack for several years I wanted to thank you both for your hard work. Really appreciate all the effort you put into them and all the support, additions and fixes.

I have one question with regard to the AutoHotKey script you posted on CubPilot's thread...

2Joy13:: 	; y Joy x , y= controller ID number in windows, x= joy button number
KeyWait, 2Joy13 ; Wait for 2Joy13 to be released
 x := A_TimeSinceThisHotkey ; Just assigning x here, for shorter "if's"
 GetKeystate, Button4status, 2Joy4
 if (Button4status = "D")  ; If 2Joy13 and 2Joy4 is pressed, centre or pause TrackIR
 if (x < 500) ; If hotkey was held for less than 0.50 seconds, 500 ms
Send {F15} ; Send the key F15
else if (x > 500) ; If hotkey was held for more than 0.50 seconds, 500 ms
Send {F16} ; Send the key F16 
return
return

My issue is that it only works with a short press of the 'lever' for centering of TrackIR or long press for pause of TrackIR... DMS up or down does nothing... Do you know what I might be missing here?

Thanks!

idc189

idc236

idc2gi

Edited by KulWun

i7-8700K @ 5GHz || 32GB || GTX2080FTW || Win10 || HP Reverb || TMWH || Saitek Combat Pedals

JTF 501st