UltraMFCD - drag, resize and click display exports. Zero configuration.

Sgt_Baker

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tested more and this is not working even if I select original 1Camera.lua and set screen to 1920x1200 (and Nvidia Surround is not on)....as you can see from attached picture. Could this be like this because my DCS installation is not in default folder (it's at C:\Pelti\DCS World)?

No system messages on uMFCD window.

Screen_141211_192923.thumb.jpg.fe6f838c6613b7e2100962af9c6b87bc.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Iku64, Moro.

I doubt it because mine works fine, do you have any other Mods that could be interfering, This is exactly the same as I have got in Black Shark but Sgt said he hadn't set BS up yet. are you useing the latest Umfcd install or maybe uninstall and try again.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Iku64, Moro.

I doubt it because mine works fine, do you have any other Mods that could be interfering, This is exactly the same as I have got in Black Shark but Sgt said he hadn't set BS up yet. are you useing the latest Umfcd install or maybe uninstall and try again.

Moro..:)

I have KneeBoardBuilder and Peter's Proper Neck installed...and I have latest build3 uMFCD (which is unzipped to folder D:\Pelit\A_Pelit\DCS\UltraMFCDBeta1).

I have had Peter's KneeBoard, Helios and Hawgtouch but I have reseted those and I don't use them anymore.

Maybe I need to make fresh install of DCS some day...but I'm just too lazy for that..because same time I wan't to update my Win 7 to Win 8.1...

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Ok...I finally made fresh installation...but that was not the problem cause.

After I had made fresh install I copied my old options etc....and same thing appeared. So because of that I understood that problem was in my config folder files.

Finally I manage to find that problem was in my options.lua at graphics section. So I started to make changes to graphics section step by step and because of Murphys law...it was almost last option:doh:.

Problem is Water option..if I set it to Low or Medium then uMFCD is not working..but when it's High then all works. I hope you can fix this because when water is set to high it will make bad things to frame rate.

I also tested with Nvidia Surround enabled and it's working with that too....also no difference between windowed or full screen mode...in either way it's working..:).

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok...I finally made fresh installation...but that was not the problem cause.

After I had made fresh install I copied my old options etc....and same thing appeared. So because of that I understood that problem was in my config folder files.

Finally I manage to find that problem was in my options.lua at graphics section. So I started to make changes to graphics section step by step and because of Murphys law...it was almost last option:doh:.

Problem is Water option..if I set it to Low or Medium then uMFCD is not working..but when it's High then all works. I hope you can fix this because when water is set to high it will make bad things to frame rate.

I also tested with Nvidia Surround enabled and it's working with that too....also no difference between windowed or full screen mode...in either way it's working..:).

Water quality, you say? Now that is rather strange! Glad to hear you got it working. As usual, I will address this issue in the very near future.

B

Edit: I'm away from my development environment at the moment, but a short time pondering the issue throws up the likely cause for this bug. Fortunately - if my Sunday morning brain is correct - the fix should merely be the modification of a single line of code.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Yep..water quality..glad to hear that it's not big thing to fix it..:).

Will it be big thing to add window resize tab (which is now in bottom right of window) to left bottom too? Then would be easier to align right MFCD first to right side of monitor and then resize it to the left....I hope you understand what I mean..:)

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will it be big thing to add window resize tab (which is now in bottom right of window) to left bottom too? Then would be easier to align right MFCD first to right side of monitor and then resize it to the left....I hope you understand what I mean..:)

I don't see why not. It may take a little bit of fiddling, since the way a "normal" window resizes is from the right. The advantage here, I suppose, is that so much of a normal window's function is already being overridden that this shouldn't be too much of a headache.

One bug more....uMFCD is blocking kneeboard. No kneeboard window when uMFCD is running...even if I reset it to deafult on Kneeboard builder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello

I just found this excellent (?!) software today. I'm hoping to use it for my cockpit build.

When I launch the app it says "Beta expired" and then it quits back to file explorer.

Is this just me? Or is it a built in expiry in the software? I've had problems with my system clock... (CMOS battery?)

Best regards

Edit: Found out that others had the same problem. Allowed the app in the firewall.

I'm using 8.1 + one display monitor + two projectors. AMD card.

Edited by Treudd
Added info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello

I just found this excellent (?!) software today. I'm hoping to use it for my cockpit build.

When I launch the app it says "Beta expired" and then it quits back to file explorer.

Is this just me? Or is it a built in expiry in the software? I've had problems with my system clock... (CMOS battery?)

Best regards

Edit: Found out that others had the same problem. Allowed the app in the firewall.

I'm using 8.1 + one display monitor + two projectors. AMD card.

Hi Treudd,

Yes, the beta versions are coded to automatically expire past a certain date. Rather than look at your system's clock, it checks with our server whether it is time to die. I've already fixed a bug with this, so now the only likely culprit is uMFCD being unable to access ultramfcd.com to check whether it should stay alive.

Are you absolutely certain your firewall isn't silently blocking it?

B

P.S. This mechanism is only present in the beta versions - it prevents confusion where people might potentially report bus from old versions of the software. The production release will not exhibit this behaviour, but instead notify the user that a new version is available - continuing to function regardless.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Hi Treudd,

Yes, the beta versions are coded to automatically expire past a certain date. Rather than look at your system's clock, it checks with our server whether it is time to die. I've already fixed a bug with this, so now the only likely culprit is uMFCD being unable to access ultramfcd.com to check whether it should stay alive.

Are you absolutely certain your firewall isn't silently blocking it?

B

P.S. This mechanism is only present in the beta versions - it prevents confusion where people might potentially report bus from old versions of the software. The production release will not exhibit this behaviour, but instead notify the user that a new version is available - continuing to function regardless.

Yes, the firewall is not "silently" blocking it (as far as I know, I have allowed the UltraMFCD.exe thru the firewall). I'm also trying this on two separate computers using two different networks (one wired and one wireless) with the same results (Beta Expired).

The laptop I'm currently using does not hav DCS installed, but I get "expired" anyway. Do I need DCS runnning or installed on the same computer? (for starting the app that is, I totally understand that I have to run DCS to get the UltraMFCD to work :)

When Starting the app, I can for a second see "Waiting for DCS" (or something like that) before "Beta expired".

In the Windows app log I find this:

".NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64) - 1>Failed to compile: C:\Users\obscured\Downloads\UltraMFCDBeta1Update3\Alice.dll . Error code = 0x8007000b"

I have the latest .NET framework installed (It was triggered by starting the MFCD app the first time).

I have rebooted since the .NET FW update.

I will keep looking for problems in the Firewall. Maybe I need an "outbound" rule?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it is working here.

have you both got the latest version maybe download and reinstall anyway..

Edited by G00dnight

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

All of a sudden I started getting "beta expired" last night also. I had no problems while fooling around with it last week.

Come to think of it, this is almost certainly the same bug that I "fixed" previously. I'll get this one squashed for good in the next release, which should hopefully be out at some point in the next 48 hours.

B

Come to think of it, this is almost certainly the same bug that I "fixed" previously. I'll get this one squashed for good in the next release, which should hopefully be out at some point in the next 48 hours.

B

That is soo good. I'm really looking forward to test drive this app.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just ran a test for a few minutes and it looked good.

No more "Beta Expired" message. MFCD's all displayed fine on both single and dual display. Keybinds and window positions remembered.

Was my first time seeing the colored CCD, I really liked it.

Looking good so far!!

Eric

Just a quick update: The water quality bug was as simple as I anticipated it to be, and is fixed in the next release. Regarding the problems with unusual sim resolutions, it's a case of "we know what's causing it, and are pondering an elegant solution". This too should be fixed in the next build.

Good news mate !

Any news on rwr and other a10c stuff?

Yes. A load of the work performed immediately prior to open beta concerned the mechanisms by which we add new displays to the system. The target was to make it as simple as possible on our end. The CDU? 48-ish hours to implement.

This beta test series was more about validating the core technology, but yes, there are more toys inbound. :)

->Sgt_Baker...glad to hear that water level bug fix is coming up but have you any clue why kneeboard is not working with this? Or does anybody else have this same problem?

Kneeboard is so important that I need to revert back to my old system before it's been solved. I have so bad memory that I can't leave without Kneeboardbuild's Dynamic kneeboard..:). Still this uMFCD is good mod and I will continue testing next releases.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]