Where is everyone (online)

MrGreezy

Last time i was online, took me more than 12 attempts for starting the engine (game bug?).

An airstart (or ready for take off) can be useful for that kind of situation. But no... Nothing have been done.

And even if i successfully take off... I found... Nothing in the sky. The server's moderator was not helpful.

I don't understand why the plane is park far from the ramp and why we have to restart from the

beginning each time. I'm a new player, i crash a lot, i get killed a lot. so restarting the engine, taxi, take off

from the beginning... Is killing me! Can we take the plane ready for take off please? The answer is no.

Forget the map, i can't even practice (i only play in MP). i lost all hope.

Help me, help you!

Edited by Demon_

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you being a little bit melodramatic here, Demon_?

If you want help to get your plane started, ask for it. I can start-up my aircraft on the first try to problem. Have you tried using the oil dilute switch for 10-15 seconds before starting the engine?

The parking place is the mission designer's task. You can create your own mission with the mission editor and choose where you want to takeoff from and how (airstart, for example). I did create a training mission for multiplayer that you can download. There are cold starts and air starts. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128277

Edited by Charly_Owl

Last time i was online, took me more than 12 attempts for starting the engine (game bug?).

An airstart (or ready for take off) can be useful for that kind of situation. But no... Nothing have been done.

And even if i successfully take off... I found... Nothing in the sky. The server's moderator was not helpful.

I don't understand why the plane is park far from the ramp and why we have to restart from the

beginning each time. I'm a new player, i crash a lot, i get killed a lot. so restarting the engine, taxi, take off

from the beginning... Is killing me! Can we take the plane ready for take off please? The answer is no.

Forget the map, i can't even practice (i only play in MP). i lost all hope. Your servers are empty. You failed.

Bad thing, good thing. Fortunately, i stopped my DCS purchases. I will not forget this bad experience.

Help me, help you!

Demon, don't give up. There is an easy way to start all the aircraft, press RightWindowsKey + Home. If, like me, you don't have a RWin key you can go into controls for the aircraft, scroll down to 'Start Procedure' and click on the Keyboard Entry. Then click Add at the bottom and enter a different key combination (I use LeftAlt+Home). That will add an extra combo to that control. You'll need to do that for each aircraft you fly. Actually, now I'm used to it all I start by hand because it's quicker but that autostart will do it all for you to begin with.

Here are a couple of random Youtube videos that show how to take off in the P-51D and FW190D-9. These are truly random selections and there are plenty of others if you search Youtube.

Most important, I see you are in Canada. If you can get online during a weekend afternoon you'll usually find a number of European guys online during their evenings and using TeamSpeak. Of course you may find Amercas-side guys on during your evenngs. Ask for Teamspeak connection details in Chat, talk to them, explain the problem and someone is likely to help. Try one of the more heavily populated servers like Kirk's Hangar or one of the 'aerobatic' servers where initially you won't have top worry about getting shot down. When you get the hang of it you can move to the combat servers like ACG or DoW etc..

btw "Your servers are empty"... DCS do not provide servers, the community (ordinary guys like you or me or a group of them) put up those servers and in no sense are they failing, they are helping. I know it can be frustrating taking on a serious flight model but please come to the community with the right spirit and you'll find help. You may find 'easy settings' servers but DCS does tend to attract guys who like to do it as realistically as possible.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

DCS does tend to attract guys who like to do it as realistically as possible.

There are some military pilots who enjoy flight sims like DCS. One pointed out to me that part of the enjoyment of flight simming for him was not having to go through an engine startup sequence and preflight checklist every sortie. It's a good training tool and one of the things that makes DCS excellent. Requiring it for every sortie will chase away plenty of pilots who enjoy as much realism as flying the real thing.

Of course, each of the multiplayer servers are privately run and they can do what they wish. We're in the awkward position of having only a few who provide that service to the community.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

There are some military pilots who enjoy flight sims like DCS. One pointed out to me that part of the enjoyment of flight simming for him was not having to go through an engine startup sequence and preflight checklist every sortie. It's a good training tool and one of the things that makes DCS excellent. Requiring it for every sortie will chase away plenty of pilots who enjoy as much realism as flying the real thing.

Of course, each of the multiplayer servers are privately run and they can do what they wish. We're in the awkward position of having only a few who provide that service to the community.

I'm sure your right about the startup/checklist (several of our ex-IL-2 '46 guys couldn't be bothered with the slightly more simplistic CoD system) but in DCS RWin+Home does it all for you. Of course there's about a 1 minute wait while it does.

I guess the answer for no-startup is for some others to get together and create a server but I wonder if, for a one minute wait, anyone is likely to bother because the guys that create servers/missions generally seem to prefer the full monty. DCS seems to have tried always to be 'as real as it gets' within the limitations of our kit and I think some guys will find more in DCS than they want to deal with. However there are 'Game' settings/options available if someone wants to make a server for that.

Horses for courses I guess.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I have a 6 hours difference with the French guys. I can't join a French squadron. I talked with them.

I rarely use TS. Sometime i can barely understand what they says (my American squad), because of their pronunciations (but this is my particular problem). In the forum, i have time to use a translator if i need it, but not in TS. I'm already in an American squadron (Rise of flight).

Sorry Charly, maybe i'm a little melo, but the day i have jumped in the Gavagai's server, i saw the difference.

Do the existing servers (or some of them) use these cold/air start missions? I'll take a look. Thanks!:thumbup:

I'll take a look at this autostart option. Thanks!:thumbup:

I can start/take off every airplanes, but 10 times in one hour online... + the 15 seconds oil dilute...:bored:

Edited by Demon_

(i only play in MP)!

That is the reason. If you are new it is worth to go to training lessons, complete them few times each. Practice in combat with AI. And only then go MP.

If you come to MP to learn the sim, it's a wrong place, imho.

Also in current reality it's up to server host to choose: whether have realistic setup and be empty most the time, or make it nonrealistic setup and be more popular. I believe that even in DCS a server with airstart and labels will be the most popular setup. The question is: if there is any reason for doing it in DCS? I think not.

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Yep! Good reply, but i have enough skill for fighting in MP. If i want to be a good fighter, i need to fight human pilots.

It's not a question of realistic/nonrealistic simulator. Like Gav says, it's the repeating of the starting procedure we already knows. And maybe the size of the map.

For a new pilot who get killed often.:D

Edit: A running engine aircraft at the runway (in a dedicated server) for the casual pilot who expect for playing in a real event, one day or another, would be nice. Even HotTom agree.:D

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Demon_

There are instant gratification (dogfight) servers available in many sims. DSC is unique because of the realism that requires one to start their aircraft, taxi to the active, take off, perform the mission and land. Skill in flying is all of these things and more such as formations as well as performing combat manuvers. There will never be airstarts in full real servers. It makes no sense.

Back to the original posters question about MP, In our squad that flys allot of CloD and some BoS, it's mostly about two things.

1. the LOD or spotting problem currently in DCS World. Without icons (which again would never be in a full real server) it is very difficult to spot and ID unless very close. Fingers crossed that this is addressed in World 2.0

2. Server numbers being able to support relatively high numbers such as the 80-100 that Cliffs can currently support. For Squad based players these numbers are needed for realistic campaigning against human pilots and squads.

If DCS World 2.0 can accomplish those two items they will be the go to sim for MP action. Again fingers crossed as the flight models are second to none and deserve these two most importent "fixes".

Forget the map, i can't even practice (i only play in MP). i lost all hope. Your servers are empty. You failed.

Bad thing, good thing. Fortunately, i stopped my DCS purchases. I will not forget this bad experience.

Help me, help you!

Maybe this quote comes across overly dramatic after translation... But WTF

When is comes to quantity vs. quality I will choose the latter almost every time. I purchased an incredibly detailed aircraft simulator for a reason and want to fly with others that appreciate this distinction. If there are so many MP clients who enjoy game mode then there should be an abundance of those servers out there and nothing to worry about. If not, take the initiative and start one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

While I'm not part of a "Training Corps", I did train about 15 friends of mine with the Mustang, 109 and 190 and other various aircraft.

:thumbup:

The whole training corp idea was just to facilitate communication. A place frustrated new players could go for help instead of having to start a thread in the forms or just be lucky enough to have someone help.

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

Maybe this quote comes across overly dramatic after translation... But WTF

When is comes to quantity vs. quality I will choose the latter almost every time. I purchased an incredibly detailed aircraft simulator for a reason and want to fly with others that appreciate this distinction. If there are so many MP clients who enjoy game mode then there should be an abundance of those servers out there and nothing to worry about. If not, take the initiative and start one.

Absolutely. Demon...just ask and people will help. The community is considerably more mature on average here at DCS.

Most folks will be happy to help.

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

Yep! Good reply, but i have enough skill for fighting in MP. If i want to be a good fighter, i need to fight human pilots.

It's not a question of realistic/nonrealistic simulator. Like Gav says, it's the repeating of the starting procedure we already knows. And maybe the size of the map.

For a new pilot who get killed often.:D

Edit: A running engine aircraft at the runway (in a dedicated server) for the casual pilot who expect for playing in a real event, one day or another, would be nice. Even HotTom agree.:D

Thanks for the help.

DCS releasing a WW II map should be at the very top of the to do list, even before any other aircraft ...that map will have held the interest level high for peoples

I think that once the WW II map is released you will see servers with engine running/take off from runway available...I would think :D

Edited by GT 5.0

Forget the map, i can't even practice (i only play in MP). i lost all hope.

Help me, help you!

Die less, or practice offline (to help you learn to die less)

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I have a 6 hours difference with the French guys. I can't join a French squadron. I talked with them.

I rarely use TS. Sometime i can barely understand what they says (my American squad), because of their pronunciations (but this is my particular problem). In the forum, i have time to use a translator if i need it, but not in TS. I'm already in an American squadron (Rise of flight).

I'll answer in french if you guys don't mind. Don't worry, I won't let it degenerate.

@Demon

Si tu as de la difficulté à comprendre les pilotes de ton escadron en anglais, la seule chose que je puisse te recommander chaudement est d'aller sur leur teamspeak le plus souvent possible. Je n'étais pas très doué en anglais il y a quelques années de ça, mais la meilleure façon de favoriser la compréhension (et le parler) du pilote de chasse/fighter pilot est de pratiquer. Tous les accents finissent par se faire comprendre si tu te donnes la peine. Au début c'est normal d'être timide (surtout avec une langue avec laquelle on est plus ou moins à l'aide), mais une fois cette timidité vaincue tu seras surpris de réaliser à quel point tout devient plus facile en multiplayer. La vraie façon de voler en multi, c'est d'avoir un ailier à ses côtés avec lequel tu peux communiquer en temps réel. Selon moi, c'est la seule et unique façon d'avoir un minimum de succès dans des dogfights puisque la bible du combat aérien prone plusieurs dogmes, le premier étant de ne jamais engager le combat seul (à moins de n'avoir vraiment pas le choix).

Si tu as des questions en particulier et que tu veux les poser en français, tu peux me les envoyer par message privé; pas de problème. Je connais quelques pilotes québécois (la plupart sont des expat') donc tu n'es pas le seul à être dans cette situation.

Salutations,

Chuck

Is it your computer or internet connection? I had to finally upgrade my computer to play DCS online or the A10 module in the campaign mode. It still gets alittle choppy with a top of the line system sometimes when alot of planes are firing in one area and thats with an expensive build.

Thrust me FF it's not my computor :D

I'll take a look at this autostart option. Thanks!:thumbup:

I can start/take off every airplanes, but 10 times in one hour online... + the 15 seconds oil dilute...:bored:

I don't think the auto start (right win + home)works on all the aircraft, the last time I tried for the Mustang it wasn't . I also find that on DOW server is more difficult to start and that my FPS is the worst, I heard that on Gavagai it's better, I didn't get the chance to try it yet

Edited by Decibel dB

I don't think the auto start (right win + home)works on all the aircraft, the last time I tried for the Mustang it wasn't . I also find that on DOW server is more difficult to start and that my FPS is the worst, I heard that on Gavagai it's better, I didn't get the chance to try it yet

Just food for thought,

It is widely agreed that more aircraft firing guns = more FPS drop. So the more involved/complex missions or populated sessions run the risk of causing performance issues. Aside from that something about the River Raiders mission causes some people to have extra trouble starting the Mustang. (Temps maybe?) I haven't been in a real hurry to change anything since I fly pretty much every day (red & blue) and never have I been unable to start any of the aircraft. I think most of the regular clients on the server would agree.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just food for thought,

It is widely agreed that more aircraft firing guns = more FPS drop.

That is answering the " Where is everyone (online)" posting question. I am sure when the engine will provide sufficient performance for MP, then people will come. I for sure will:thumbup:

I was just on the DOW server and the engine of my 109 started up just fine. The frame rates seemed ok but it might be because no one else was on (not sure). I think the briefing could be better by provideing some more detail, info such as alt. and the heading to steer

I was just on the DOW server and the engine of my 109 started up just fine. The frame rates seemed ok but it might be because no one else was on (not sure). I think the briefing could be better by provideing some more detail, info such as alt. and the heading to steer

It's the much discussed high oil pressure/sluggish start for the P-51D that is causing problems for people.

And thanks for the feedback. I figured providing heading info and alt for each of the multiple objectives might be a bit cluttered and figured a quick glance at the theater map would get you any heading info you need. I did include a map of the objectives, recon photos of targets and descriptions of each. (plus a few hidden audio easter eggs if you accomplish some tasks)

As far as Air2Air combat, there is the bullseye in a central location near the city of Terek plus text alerts if an enemy flys near it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

River Raiders

River Raiders is probably one of the easiest maps to navigate. You don't need a heading. You have the river that takes right to the bridge objective and past that it takes you straight into all the other objectives and where are the dogfighting occurs. Just look at the map.

The server has never given me a problem. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

River Raiders is probably one of the easiest maps to navigate. You don't need a heading. You have the river that takes right to the bridge objective and past that it takes you straight into all the other objectives and where are the dogfighting occurs. Just look at the map.

The server has never given me a problem. :thumbup:

There are only 2 things that I realy hate about DoW servers.

1. Too much flak. I understand that it helps to see and may bring a little bit of immersion, but it is realy almost omni-presnet and sometimes there is so much flak that my PC starts to burn. It also feels to damn accurate for such big guns to track a plane in a dive so accurately... That is on some maps. (i think the one with fleet in Novorosyijsk and the one with 3 lakes are the worst).

2. Killer bees edition. I don't even join the server when I see that. I just hate AI in my MP game. They distract from real threats and waste ammunition.

I would also say that there is very big issue with the community that seems to think that Vulching is OK...

The number of times I see somebody attack the enemy airfield and strafe planes on the ground is offputing. I once spent 30min on the ground because there were 4 Fw190s overhead just blowing every P-51 on the ground. :doh:

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

In IL-2 this was solved with a second base a bit further.

So you could respawn in the other base if that one is being attacked.

But i do agree it's a bit off putting. Guns on ground shouldn't be allowed on planes

Realistic but a very cowardly move.

Bombs and rockets on the other hand..:joystick: :D

335th_GREros

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]