Cannot connect to module manger - SSL + 503

millmax

Hi!

I've just installed DCS World 1.2.14.36041 on a brand new Windows 10 X64 CTP 9926 with Bitdefender Total Security 2015. The game runs fine, but I cannot connect to the module manager or multiplayer. I've changed my password and confirmed that I can log on to my accound using my password at digitalcombatsimulator.com.

Then I've tried disabling the Bitdefender Firewall, Antivirus, On Access Scanning, Web Protection, Vulnerability Scan, Intrusion Detection and Antispam (at the same time. Still same result). I've checked the Bitdefender log (no entries), BitDefender Firewall rules (DCS.exe, DCS_Updater.exe and Launcher.exe all with any -> accept), Windows Firewall is switched off.

DCS.log:

00005.794 INFO NET: client has started

00005.794 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:4

00019.825 ERROR NET: Can't connect to Master: SSL connect error

00019.825 ERROR NET: Master login : 503

00043.274 INFO NET: client has stopped

DCS Module manager error message: Invalid login or password. (Works on the web)

Multiplayer error message: Cannot connect to master.

Edited by millmax

Hi!

I've just installed DCS World 1.2.14.36041 on a brand new Windows 10 X64 CTP 9926 with Bitdefender Total Security 2015. The game runs fine, but I cannot connect to the module manager or multiplayer. I've changed my password and confirmed that I can log on to my accound using my password at digitalcombatsimulator.com.

Then I've tried disabling the Bitdefender Firewall, Antivirus, On Access Scanning, Web Protection, Vulnerability Scan, Intrusion Detection and Antispam (at the same time. Still same result). I've checked the Bitdefender log (no entries), BitDefender Firewall rules (DCS.exe, DCS_Updater.exe and Launcher.exe all with any -> accept), Windows Firewall is switched off.

DCS.log:

00005.794 INFO NET: client has started

00005.794 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:4

00019.825 ERROR NET: Can't connect to Master: SSL connect error

00019.825 ERROR NET: Master login : 503

00043.274 INFO NET: client has stopped

DCS Module manager error message: Invalid login or password. (Works on the web)

Multiplayer error message: Cannot connect to master.

I'm using Windows 10 / 64bit , DCS working without any problems. I think your ISO has problem.

As I said, Windows runs just fine, nothing wrong with the ISO installation image. DCS also runs fine, nothing wrong with the installation binaries. If you read my OP, I am having issuing connection to the master server from within DCS World. That has nothing at all to do with the ISO image used for my windows installation. (BTW: I even checked the SHA-1 checksum of the win iso prior to install)

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tried running as admin - same result.

Had a working router setup prior to OS reinstall, didn't change a thing there.

I'm suspecting BitDefender of blocking the outgoing or incoming request, even though it SHOULD let traffic through, especially when disabled. But you never really know with AV suits.

Update: All of a sudden it started working. I turned off web protection "Scan SSL", "Protection against fraud" and "Protection against phising". Like I've tried in the past. Then I was able to connect to multiplayer. And to the module manager. Tried to enable all BitDefender features, still working. Running DCS without admin - still working. It almost feels like someone at the ED side of things fixed something about my DCS World user account a couple of minutes ago.

Edited by millmax

• 4 months later...

Hello

Oh you save my day here. I confirm that the BitDefender is blocking the access to multi and module manager.

I will check What part of the web protection was blocking DCS.

Many Thanx :)

Tried to enable all BitDefender features, still working. Running DCS without admin - still working.

Hello

idem here, I re enable all BitDefender features and now it works. Anyway many thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you're up and running :)

I may be a bit behind the times, but I wasn't aware Windows Firewall for Windows 10 could be turned off?

Even though it might appear to be turned off, it was hardcoded to ON

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"