New Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster Warthog attachment

couldn't see in their website. where is it sold ? what is the price?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there 2 stands version instead of 3?

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
is there 2 stands version instead of 3?

I dont think so. But you can remove the third one if you dont need it, just like i did when i got mine today.

https://www.mardomedia.nl/hotas-warthog-joystick-adapter.html

I bought this too and its great that you get rid of that huge metal plate under the joystick. Next on the list is stick extension, but i dont think i can get longer than 7,5cm fit with this stand which is a shame.

How sturdy is this concept? Warthog have a bit of resistance... and wondering how this system will keep up wit it. Does this stand bending even slightly while using the joystick?

Its very sturdy and solid with good adjustments. Whole thing with my Hotas Warthog and MFG Crosswinds weights estimately about 25-30kg and it has these rubber things under each 4 corner so it doesnt move a bit. Neither does stick. Throttle wobbles just a little bit but it doesnt bother me at all.

Edited by NahkaSukka

• 4 weeks later...
If any one is interested I have the Wheelstand Pro adapter for the Warthog still in its protective wrapper for sale in the UK only (weighs a ton !).

PM me for details.

Paul

photo? ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

nice to inform You that I finished the story & review about Wheel stand pro.

The review is in Polish (sorry) but if You want You can use Google translator button (left, top corner).

wheelstandpro_7m.jpg wheelstandpro_3m.jpg wheelstandpro_warthog_8m.jpg

Many pictures also. Regards.

http://yoyosims.pl/

Direct link: http://yoyosims.pl/wheel-stand-pro

btw. yoyosims.pl is the main webservice about aviation simulators in Poland (and very popular here) run from 2001.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 4 weeks later...

The other idea for desk for keyboard (easy to change):

Desk3JPG_aasharx.jpg Desk2JPG_aashsew.jpg Desk3JPG_aashses.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 months later...

What is the best length of a joystick extension to go along with the joystick adapter?

Going to be ordering the Deluxe V2 with joystick adapter + a left-hand RGS with throttle plate very soon.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I think the shorter ones, like 8-10 cm. To use the longer ones, you'll need a lower mount.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I have the Warthog Deluxe, the 3-pole version. I've been meaning to write a review for it one of these days, but never got around to it. I do have some observations:

1. The regular Wheel Stand Pro's with only 1 pole are advertised as portable. Though it's a bit heavy, I can believe that one can reasonably move it on a daily basis. But with 3 poles, it gets much heavier and unwieldy. If you're looking to unpack it and pack it daily, you're probably not gonna have a good time with it. I'd view the 3-pole version as transportable only. All the poles can be removed completely though, making it easy to disassemble.

2. Speaking of foldability, I originally intended to use it under my desk and have it folded when I'm in work mode, and unfold it for game mode. Turns out that if you have any standard office chair with 5 spokes and wheels, this probably won't work out too well. Once the 2 side arms are folded out past 100 degrees or so, the entire stand starts to get front-heavy and wants to tilt forward. This was a problem because in order to reach my keyboard comfortably, I had to push the wheel stand back, which meant the arms had to unfold too far forward. In the end, I decided to not have it under my desk, and put it off to the side instead.

3. The arm poles can raise up quite a bit, but don't lower as much as I'd like them to. It would've been nice to give up some vertical height to be able to lower them more so that joystick extensions can be used. At its lowest height, I'd say that you can go no more than 10cm for an extension. You can probably take a hacksaw and cut the pole to lower them more, though I haven't tried this myself.

4. The keyboard holder can easily be used for a 2nd monitor, which is exactly what I'm doing. I got a 13-inch monitor that I'm using to export the MFCD displays, and it works great. It's a shame that the company didn't consider this as a use case and provide horizontal rails that you can use as a VESA mount.

5. It comes with the Logitech G shifter plate! This came as a surprise to me because it's not mentioned anywhere. It gives you a bit more surface area to put something on. I'm using it to hold my button box.

6. The pedal plate only comes pre-drilled for the MFG crosswinds (2 diagonal holes), as well as a center hole to hold the plate to the stand. This is kind of a disappointment because the plate is quite big, and could have easily been drilled with more holes for racing pedals and other sim pedals. Nothing's stopping you from taking a drill to it yourself, but this would have been nice to have straight from the factory.

7. Speaking of the pedal plate, the way you mount it to the wheel stand is by tightening down a bolt that will sandwich the plate to the horizontal rods that the pedal plate sits on. The other side of the sandwich is just a metal strip. It works, but the metal strip has to bend quite a bit for a tight fit, and only time will tell if the metal will get fatigued. I can't help but feel that O clamps would've been a much better solution here, though I understand that it's a cost-cutting measure (none of the other wheel stands have a pedal plate, only the metal strip).

8. Cable management is kind of a pain. There are no channels for cables to run through, so you have to provide your own cable fasteners. I use Velcro strips, but it looks a little sloppy. This applies for most other wheel stands though, so it's not really a knock.

9. I wish the edges of the throttle, joystick, and keyboard plates were more rounded or tapered. I've hit my leg and knee on them multiple times while getting in and out of my seat, enough that I'm considering buying some foam padding.

10. The plate on the center arm has support for Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels, and you can have the keyboard arms and shifter plate attached with a wheel mounted. The wheel will naturally block the keyboard. There is no direct mounting support for Fanatec wheels, though if you have a table mount that's V-shaped, it should work (like the one on the Thrustmaster TMX Pro, which is the wheel I have).

11. The left arm can be lowered and the plate extended out far enough to serve as a good mounting point for a helicopter collective. I don't have a collective to test this with though.

Edited by Ranma13

New Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster Warthog attachment

There is no built in way to bolt in the Saitek Combat pedals? Only the Crosswinds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

There is no built in way to bolt in the Saitek Combat pedals? Only the Crosswinds?

Unfortunately no, unless the Crosswind uses the same mounting pattern as Saitek. You can always drill the holes yourself though, it's not very difficult. Keep in mind though that the bolt that holds the plate to the stand requires a nut, so it's not flush with the plate. Either the head of the bolt or the nut will stick out. This is fine for the VKB T-Rudder and the Crosswind, where the center is raised and not flush with the pedal plate, but this could be a problem with the Saitek combat pedals (not sure, it's been a while since I last owned them).

Edited by Ranma13

Unfortunately no, unless the Crosswind uses the same mounting pattern as Saitek. You can always drill the holes yourself though, it's not very difficult. Keep in mind though that the bolt that holds the plate to the stand requires a nut, so it's not flush with the plate. Either the head of the bolt or the nut will stick out. This is fine for the VKB T-Rudder and the Crosswind, where the center is raised and not flush with the pedal plate, but this could be a problem with the Saitek combat pedals (not sure, it's been a while since I last owned them).

Odd considering their website says it was specifically designed for these pedal, as do their answers on their Amazon listing.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Odd considering their website says it was specifically designed for these pedal, as do their answers on their Amazon listing.

You can put the pedals on the plate and secure them with Velcro or something, but they're not mountable out of the box. Take a look at the 3rd image here:

http://www.wheelstandpro.us/super-warthog-wheel-stand-for-your-thrustmaster-hotas-warthog-and-saitek-pedals-pedals-mouse-keyboard-throttles-not-included/

The pedal plate is the one on the upper left. The center hole is used to secure the plate to the stand itself, and the 2 other holes are for the Crosswind. It looks like the Saitek Combat Pedals has 4 mounting holes in front where the footrest is.

Edited by Ranma13

Looks like they sell a fastening upgrade for the Saitek Combats...yet another add-on to tack on haha

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Looks like they sell a fastening upgrade for the Saitek Combats...yet another add-on to tack on haha

Ohhh those 2 fastener bars are included with the Super Warthog. So that's what they're for. I totally forgot that you don't have to use the pedal plate if you don't want to.

One final question, is a 15cm extension feasible with this stand?

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

One final question, is a 15cm extension feasible with this stand?

I don't see why it wouldn' t work. You can adjust the center post up and down to the perfect height for your application.

Edited by Balzarog
Spelling

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

I actually called and talked to their support over the weekend about this. The new plate supports both saitek and crosswinds, but those of us with the older wheelstand pro only has the saitek pedal support.

They are out of stock atm but should have them back in next week.... or you could drill the holes yourself.

What I did for now is 3M velcro tape which is strong as balls, that holds them on just fine.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I don't see why it wouldn' t work. You can adjust the center post up and down to the perfect height for your application.

The bottom of the TM Warthog joystick can only adjust down to roughly 17". I guess you could cut just under 4" off of the bottom of the Wheel stand post to lower it further. I have a 5" extension (13 mm roughly) and my joystick is quite high, but I like that way

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2