[REQ] Adding a forest fire ?

Lilkiki

If you can object swap a naval unit then you have your solution. You will also have to hack editor LUA to be able to drop Naval units on the ground. It is not too much trouble.

you can put a naval unit anywhere you wish with ctrl+c ctrl+v

Hi guys,

I'm glad you find my "fire" mod usefull !

I had good hope with MOOSE Scripts but Sven told he had problems with the CLEAN function for DEAD objects on the map.

I am also pretty sure you need the original Max file to create a specific collision model. I don't really know actually how they work.

@ Blooze : Right, you have to set a trigger on Miz startup to blow the "transparent fire object" so it can burns.

I am also pretty sure you need the original Max file to create a specific collision model. I don't really know actually how they work.

Lilkiki, Where did you source fireobject.EDM?

I don't have 3DMAX either but I have previously been able to find suitable proxy objects for some experiments in the DCS set of EDM objects.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Seems to be broken under 1.5 so if you have time to have a look at it Lilkiki that would be great.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

<edit> Fixed it Lilkiki by adding the entry.lua file to the mod. If you remember I changed things a bit to have a large medium and small version of your fire object by fiddling with the lua entries so my entry.lua looks like the attached. It may differ to what other people have and they will need to edit the attached entry.lua to make it work. It goes in the actual mod folder so for me under jsgme the folder structure looks like Fireobjects\Mods\tech\Fires and the entry.lua goes into the Fires folder.

entry.lua

Edited by Stonehouse

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if you can achieve something similar with a 'live' unit using a smoking exhaust, I hacked around with a small Ground unit, but the exhaust feature in the lua script for the unit doesn't work, unless it's an attachment point in the 3DS Max file....?

And that's beyond me...

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah it definitely adds some atmosphere especially if you scatter them around towns or burnt out vehicle columns etc to give the feel that the fighting has been going on for some time. Also just putting some near the important strike targets in a mission means that the smoke columns and flames will persist past the standard ones and give a better overall effect. I remember from IL2 that the editor came with various smokes of different colours and sizes and fires. It would be a nice wish list item for DCS down the track to have an environmental section of objects available in the editor that would contain similar things

I haven't had any real time to look at DCS stuff for the last week or two but had a spare 10 mins and wanted to check this. Using my version of the mod which has a large, medium and small fire object I placed them around Batumi and did a explode unit strength 1 on each using a timed trigger. All worked fine for me so I believe this mod is still working on the latest patch of the open beta. Perhaps you didn't install it quite right or didn't use them in the mission properly?? They do need to be destroyed to emit the smoke and flame though either via a trigger or damage, perhaps you didn't realise that??

I haven't had any real time to look at DCS stuff for the last week or two but had a spare 10 mins and wanted to check this. Using my version of the mod which has a large, medium and small fire object I placed them around Batumi and did a explode unit strength 1 on each using a timed trigger. All worked fine for me so I believe this mod is still working on the latest patch of the open beta. Perhaps you didn't install it quite right or didn't use them in the mission properly?? They do need to be destroyed to emit the smoke and flame though either via a trigger or damage, perhaps you didn't realise that??

Correct. I will try it later. Thanks :)

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester