Homeworld remastered

Cyb0rg

For those of you that still remember this RTS 15 years ago, theres now a remastered edition to be released in February, 25. Gearbox Software bought the IP from THQ and improve it to today's standards.

Homeworld received several awards of best game of the year and have one of the best storylines i ever saw.

Here you can see a comparison of this epic game.

There's even a Pride of Hiigara Mothership replica with 13'' tall that you can have on your desk :)

008-5a166c96bf24d49cf0abb1cfe8c019ba.jpg

"we are away."

:D

Edited by Cyb0rg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

Similar thoughts here, this game had THE atmosphere and game-play like no other RTS, I have ever played.

And its music score even today is magical.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I still got homeworld 2 installed with complex mod (lots of improvements including massive graphics updates)

but the remastered look even better , i`ll keep an eye out for this one.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Apparently they have also changed the soundtrack. For me - Homeworld without the Samuel Barber's "Agnus Dei" will never be the same thing.

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Apparently they have also changed the soundtrack. For me - Homeworld without the Samuel Barber's "Agnus Dei" will never be the same thing.

Changed or remastered? Two different things. I heard they worked with a lot of the original people. Do you know this for sure?

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Do you know this for sure?

Absolutely not. But it puzzles me, since I have not heard this particular piece in any of their new trailers. Even in the parts, which, I am pretty sure, used it originally. Hopefully I am wrong - for me the soundtrack was a major part of the game's attractiveness.

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

"The Homeworld Remastered Collection will collect both of Relic's acclaimed space-based RTS games, in both remastered and original form. This new version has been polished up by Gearbox, who bought the Homeworld licence from the sinking THQ. It adds high-res textures, a remastered score and new voice recording from the original cast."

Hopefully it'll be in there ;)

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

The soundtrack is the same and was remastered :

They are also thinking about having all the music available in the future.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

Ah, THE best experience...

I hope we won't have to fiddle with aif to mp3 converter this time around ;) Turanic Raiders Battle Music . . . . . .

Lots of re-makes and re-masters recently. Total Annihilation, Dungeon Keeper, Grim Fandango...

BTW,http://g2g.amplitude-studios.com/Games/Endless-Space

Homeworld Remastered is now available on steam. Includes the original 2 Homeworld's, as well as fixed multiplayer for the originals.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

Homeworld Remastered is now available on steam. Includes the original 2 Homeworld's, as well as fixed multiplayer for the originals.

Actually, it will be available on Feb. 25. However, you can pay for it now (with a discount). ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Here's a thought. It's not always good to re-play classics, even re-mastered. Our sentimental image of our beloved games often skews the reality. There's always a risk re-visiting a classic will leave us with mixed feelings at best. And it's not only another of those weird posts of mine. Some indie neo-retro game developers say the same. Worth considering.

So many Homeworld Fans in here :huh: :D

I have Played Homeworld 2 for years also via MP

But i do not Plan to buy those Remastered editions again.

This is what iam interested in more.

Homeworld Shipbreakers( Hardware Shipbreakers at first called)

http://blackbirdinteractive.com/

[YOUTUBE]hgylViCFHAs[/YOU TUBE]

[YOUTUBE]G37cFbkArlw[/YOUTUB E]

[YOUTUBE]NmcSMAuo8OI[/YOUTU BE]

[YOUTUBE]0kqNp1fZ9xQ[/YOUTU BE]

Wow, thanks Isegrim!

I've seen a banner of the game but I thought it's another bad iOS spinoff, like the iOS version of, supposedly, Dungeon Keeper.

A note on the game engine:

(They say they will use Unity 3D)

I don't know about you guys but personally I'm sick and tired of game developers wasting their time on a lousy game engine they ultimately spew out instead of licensing one of the existing ones. Unity 3D, Unigine, Unreal Engine, Cry Engine. They are all dirt-cheap nowadays. It's especially bugging when you like games by small studios like Frictional Games (Amnesia horror series).

Edited by Bucic

I have had the collector edition on order for ages months.. I have been waiting a year for this to come out can't wait :)

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I have had the collector edition on order for ages months.. I have been waiting a year for this to come out can't wait :)

Yep, same here, even though I'm a bit disgruntled at the stunt Amazon pulled here in Europe (which is, I think, the only place to order the Collector's Edition), putting the EU version on the UK store only and therefore having me pay even more, because of the currency conversion LBP to EUR.

As is par for Europe, though, the price was not adjusted from US to European currencies, which means 99.99$ = 99.99£. *sigh*

Still, I believe it to be worth every cent.