MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

I confirm that using moose in Normandy map there is a ctd to every big explosion, for example in carpet bombing of large B17 formations...

Without moose no CTD

Interesting to see that bug reports provides a signal that people are using it :-)

Okay, in order to investigate, a few questions:

1. When you say "using MOOSE", what exactly of MOOSE is being used? (Which classes)? Can you share a script?

2. Can you help to resimulate the issue? If you can, would you be so kind to activate the "tracing"... Add the following statements at the start of your script:

BASE:TraceOnOff( true )

BASE:TracelLevel( 3 )

BASE:TraceAll( true )

Please rerun your mission until CTD, a dcs.log file will be generated in your

Saved Games/Dcs/Log folder.

If the file is too large to upload here, can you send it to flightcontrol_master@outlook.com?

thanks!

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Attached you find the mission, that crashes few seconds after the B17 bombing

Thank you! May i ask, are you already subscribed to our community on slack.com? Otherwise do me a PM with your email address. It is easier to debug this interactively. While both being on slack we can try to find the root cause together.

Sven

[/TABLE]

Thank you for this message by the way. The problem has been confirmed on our side and we could resimulate this problem.

Wanna let you know that people are looking into this problem. It is a weird crash. It will take time to dig into this problem and identify the root cause! Some people from Italy even are helping :-) I am afraid that if we don't find this issue quickly, ED won't look at it anymore later.

It is somewhere deep in the event handling where we experience this.

I just bought also Normandy map to help find a solution.

FC

[/TABLE]

I think the root cause of the issue has been found.

I'll try to workaround this DCS crash issue, but maybe SCORING won't work anymore for SCENERY objects as a result of this...

It is not a MOOSE issue, it is a DCS bug.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3170349&postcount=8

FC

[/TABLE]

@PVI_Eagle and others, I found the root cause. Now I need to go for a fix in MOOSE. I need to workaround this problem. Not sure if destroy scenery for SCORING can be kept... Need to check.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3170996&postcount=9

Thanks for the guys who helped with the testing!

[/TABLE]

Writing this from a cozy terrace in a lovely weather in front of an authentic Belgian beer ... Duvel ...

The CDT problem in DCS world 2.1 has been mitigated. There is still a minor issue in the DCS scripting engine, but could be workaround in MOOSE with adding an extra test. The dev team of ED has been reported of this issue and may go for a fix.

Patch 2.1.5 has been published of the MOOSE framework.

You can download it from here. Please use the new moose.lua in your missions for Normandy and Nevada.

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/releases

The fix is also implemented on the master branch of the MOOSE repo for beta testers and contributors.

Thanks for your patience and thanks @PVI_Eagle for reporting the issue. Thanks Mike, Nicolo and TJ for the testing and communication.

Sven

[/TABLE]

Hi guys.

Is missile trainer working for ships?? In my Defensive Jamming script, i cant get it work only with Naval Misiles (S-A)

ALso... I think:

local status, target = UnitObject:getRadar() 

doesnt work with Ships.

Does it work for you??

Missile trainer will only work for missiles. What other things you want to get it to work for?

Also you confuse me a bit. Are you talking about the MISSILETRAINER class in moose? So, how does the defense jamming script related to the MISSLETRAINER class?

the :getRadar() will only work for airborne units. Ships aren't detected by radar. They should be detected with the detection capabilities of the dcs scripting engine.

Sven

[/TABLE]

Ok,

Missile trainer by Grimes, sorry... i was using this, to emulate de defensive jamming.... when the missile is close the jammer it explodes, i cant make them to miss, so I explode them,. Of course there are modifications, and it is a little bit more complex, but in esence, it is that...

In my example of getradar () the unitobject would be a ship., so you can't get what a ship is detecting this way...

Ok,

Missile trainer by Grimes, sorry... i was using this, to emulate de defensive jamming.... when the missile is close the jammer it explodes, i cant make them to miss, so I explode them,. Of course there are modifications, and it is a little bit more complex, but in esence, it is that...

In my example of getradar () the unitobject would be a ship., so you can't get what a ship is detecting this way...

My friend this development already exists i think....

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Documentation/MissileTrainer.html

No?

Sven

[/TABLE]

Ok,

This is an example how missiletrainer works with a ship missile ...

MIT-002 - Missile Trainer Ship.miz

[/TABLE]

@all guys who contributed into MOOSE

Thank you for putting all the information together and presenting such a complete environment.

It is quite complicated to follow due to the nature of OO but you guys have somehow achieved it to be noob friendly by presenting SO MANY examples to reuse in mission editor.

I am really excited to use the framework for my own mission and "try" to learn how things are done the right way.

cu in the air ;)

• Like 1

definetly this does not work for ships

local status, target = UnitObject:getRadar()

Babylonic confusion. The getRadar DCS api does not work for ships. true.

What has this to do with the framework?

[/TABLE]

Babylonic confusion. The getRadar DCS api does not work for ships. true.

What has this to do with the framework?

Upsie!!!

Apologies! , by the way, I have installed everthithing, and I am loving the moose framework!

Starting by just doing simple missions, and examples.

Really good job!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to get the Moose AI A2A DISPATCHING & GCICAP, but so far with no success.

I followed the AI A2A DISPATCHING & GCICAP and edited the template but without positive results so far.

I load the Moose.lua and my mission lua at Mission start trigger.

I've attached my miz and lua files, if anyone would be willing to help.

I've been trying to get the Moose AI A2A DISPATCHING & GCICAP, but so far with no success.

I followed the AI A2A DISPATCHING & GCICAP and edited the template but without positive results so far.

I load the Moose.lua and my mission lua at Mission start trigger.

I've attached my miz and lua files, if anyone would be willing to help.

HI silvern, I'll check it, but only can do this evening.

Am at the sea with the kids.

[/TABLE]

Hi Silvern,

I looked at your first GCICAP setup. It was quite okay.

A few things however:

1. The class that you can use is AI_A2A_GCICAP. It will setup for you a complete GCICAP defense system for a coalition with defaults. See the explanation here:

http://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE/Documentation/AI_A2A_Dispatcher.html#AI_A2A_GCICAP

2. You don't need to define the squadrons, they are defined for you when you color an airbase red or blue, and place the airplane template(s) above the airbase. (Just as you did), but then you define in the script the squadrons). The squadrons have the name of the airbase.

3. The CAP zone does not need to be defined in the script. If you define the CAP zone as a polygon zone, GCICAP will pick it up automatically. The place of the helicopter is important, as it will determine from where the planes will take-off doin CAP.

The final script is here:

-- Setup the A2A dispatcher, and initialize it.
A2ADispatcher = AI_A2A_GCICAP:New( { "EWR" }, { "SQ" }, { "CAP Zone" }, 2 )

-- Enable the tactical display panel.
A2ADispatcher:SetTacticalDisplay( true )

-- Initialize the dispatcher, setting up a radius of 100km where any airborne friendly 
-- without an assignment within 100km radius from a detected target, will engage that target.
A2ADispatcher:SetEngageRadius( 300000 )

-- Setup the overhead
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronOverhead( AIRBASE.Caucasus.Mineralnye_Vody, 1.25 )
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronOverhead( AIRBASE.Caucasus.Maykop_Khanskaya, 1 )

-- Setup the Grouping
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGrouping( AIRBASE.Caucasus.Mineralnye_Vody, 1 )
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGrouping( AIRBASE.Caucasus.Maykop_Khanskaya, 1 )

-- Setup the Takeoff methods
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronTakeoffFromParkingCold( AIRBASE.Caucasus.Maykop_Khanskaya )
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronTakeoffFromParkingHot( AIRBASE.Caucasus.Mineralnye_Vody )

--- Setup the Landing methods
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronLandingAtRunway( AIRBASE.Caucasus.Mineralnye_Vody )
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronLandingNearAirbase( AIRBASE.Caucasus.Maykop_Khanskaya )

--- CAP Squadron execution.
--CAPZoneMiddle = ZONE:New( "CAP Zone Middle")
--A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCap( AIRBASE.Caucasus.Maykop_Khanskaya, CAPZoneMiddle, 4000, 8000, 600, 800, 800, 1200, "RADIO" )

--- GCI Squadron execution.
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGci( AIRBASE.Caucasus.Mineralnye_Vody, 900, 1200 )
A2ADispatcher:SetSquadronGci( AIRBASE.Caucasus.Maykop_Khanskaya, 900, 1200 )

I added the the modified mission and lua mission file into this post.

Download the pre-release of moose.lua from here (release 2.2) for the moment: https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/blob/release-2-2-pre/Moose%20Mission%20Setup/Moose.lua

(Press the download button, because it cannot be viewed in the web browser since it is too large).

I already included this moose.lua file in your mission.

Shoot if you have more questions!

sven

MooseGCI.lua

MooseGCI.miz

• Like 1

[/TABLE]

Hello Sven,

Thank you very much for your time and explanation. I am sorry to have disturbed your vacation.

I will test the mission again today, but I will wait with the questions. :)

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Hello Sven,

Thank you very much for your time and explanation. I am sorry to have disturbed your vacation.

I will test the mission again today, but I will wait with the questions. :)

Thank you again.

Best regards.

I have mobile access and can answer questions.

Now there's also a good demo published in the forums, which helps a lot.

I suggest you try out the different parameters and placements of the airbases, zones, attackers etc.

If you wanna add a defense system for the blue coalition, then define a dispatcher for blue, and setup EWR, airbases, squadrons and other attributes facts for blue also.

You can remove the info panel by commenting or deleting A2ADispatcher:SetTacticalDisplay( true )

Sv.

[/TABLE]

RELEASE 2.2.0.pre bringing new A2A capabilities to the DCS community

Hi everyone,

I have worked today to pre-release the MOOSE framework Release 2.2.0.pre to all of you.

The new Release 2.2.0.pre of the MOOSE framework had a focus on bringing or extending the A2A capabilities!

You can download this release from here on GITHUB: https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/releases/tag/2.2.0.pre

Find here a short summary of each added function block, with a link to the documentation. Note that this is a pre-release, some of the documentation needs to be fine-tuned or added.

1. AI_A2A_DISPATCHER

The AI_A2A_DISPATCHER is a new class, that brings a GCICAP capability to be used by mission designers. It is very versatile, introduces squadrons located at specific airbases.

The GCICAP is not a one to one conceptual copy of the existing GCICAP script, a lot of new stuff has been added, lots of improvements have been made, and more flexibility has now become possible to tweak the behaviour.

Per squadron defined, specific options can be set:

• Execute Control Air Patrol (CAP) at defined zones.
  • Execute Ground Control Intercept (GCI) towards intruders.
  • Define the defense overhead, meaning, the amount of defending planes to be spawned based on the attackers counted.
  • Define the grouping of the defenders, group per 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • Define the border zones
  • Define the take-off methods.
  • Define the landing methods.
  • Resource management

A derived class from AI_A2A_DISPATCHER is AI_A2A_GCICAP, which brings a more end-user friendly implementation, where noob users can configure easily a defense system and visually place the squadrons on the defending airbases and define the zones. A lot is defaulted.

2. TASK_A2A_DISPATCHER

The TASK_A2A_DISPATCHER defines tasks for human players to engage upon in order to accomplish a larger mission, and is the human counterpart of the AI_A2A_DISPATCHER.

The system provides a true dynamic environment for mission designers and players to define exciting missions.

The system uses the DETECTION_ class suite to detect targets, which are reported to a COMMANDCENTER. The COMMANDCENTER is then collecting and grouping the detections and planning or assigning tasks to individual players who are logged onto the server. A complete menu system is defined that allows players to interact with the tasking system: enquire the briefing, enquire reports on the different tasks, enquire status and engage/abort tasks...

The TASK_A2A_DISPATCHER works together with the SCORING class to setup exciting scoring schemes to allow mission designers to accomplish individual scores on a score board.

3. TASK_A2G_DISPATCHER

The TASK_A2A_DISPATCHER is built on the overall TASKING system, which also the TASK_A2G_DISPATCHER is using. As a result, the TASK_A2G_DISPATCHER has also been improved, especially the menu system and the overall coordination of the difeerent tasks.

4. SETTINGS

The SETTINGS class is a new capability within MOOSE that allows to define various settings for different moose classes, and are kept persistent per server for players. The current settings that are modeled are for A2G and A2A formats used during communications, like BR, LL, MGRS, BULLS, BRAA ... Additionally, an imperial and metric measure system has been setup.

So players can use this menu to configure their own preferred settings, and automatically the system will use the right communication format during routing, briefings etc.

On top, COMMANDCENTERS will have menus to setup the default settings for a server.

The system is automatically included within the MOOSE system and these menus will be automatically available when you design missions using MOOSE.

5. CLEANUP_AIRBASE

This class has been a while in MOOSE, but has now been completely revised and improved. Use the the class to keep your airbases clean and to guarantee airbase operations (airbases stop operations if a plane crashes on the runway, or if any missile or bomb is dropped on the runway).

6. TASK_CARGO_(TRANSPORT)

The release 2.1 of MOOSE introduced the TASK_CARGO_TRANSPORT capability. The system has been heavily debugged and more functionality has been added, like automatic respawing of cargo when it is destroyed in the field, or when a carrier crashed when the cargo was loaded in the carrier etc. The menu system to transport cargo has been optimized, and the overall workings have been improved and bugs have been resolved.

I hope that Release 2.2.0.pre of MOOSE will increase the fun level for DCS fans while using the MOOSE framework.

Questions and remarks to be asked here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138043

There are many more optimizations done, but all this is too much to mention and to be honest, hardly anybody will read it.

Thanks all,

FC

• Like 1

[/TABLE]

Fantastic work.

A solid release with a library of flyable example missions/templates, that make implementing ideas easy. Backed up with a Wiki and youtube videos.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080