DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

This is normal, you tried to enter a invalid value.

This I have no idea why you are getting. You need to explain a bit what the status is because your log keeps changing -> you are making changes, it is impossible to know what you have done and what is working and what is not. Is DCS-BIOS now installed properly?

Not sure what "status" your wanting but currently i deleted everything associated with flight panels, including dcs bios which was installed and had been working at some point btw. The developer kit for chrome that was in the dcs -bios instructions never worked. I never saw any values so dont really know if dcs bios was working properly. i also, on initial installation in the beginning, had to search for the libusbdotnet which was not apart of the 1st version of flight panels that i downloaded. through a lot of frustrations i did get both panels to work correctly. im not sure what things transpired but after some point, either an update to windows or my use of helios the radio panels ceased to work properly. Darkwolf pm'd me so hopefully we can figure this out.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Welcome to the club, GunfighterSIX!

@pdmarsh: Thanks for the Explanation :thumbup:

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Not sure what "status" your wanting but currently i deleted everything associated with flight panels, including dcs bios which was installed and had been working at some point btw. The developer kit for chrome that was in the dcs -bios instructions never worked. I never saw any values so dont really know if dcs bios was working properly. i also, on initial installation in the beginning, had to search for the libusbdotnet which was not apart of the 1st version of flight panels that i downloaded. through a lot of frustrations i did get both panels to work correctly. im not sure what things transpired but after some point, either an update to windows or my use of helios the radio panels ceased to work properly. Darkwolf pm'd me so hopefully we can figure this out.

Well what is working what is not was what I meant. OK, not getting Control Reference working does indicate DCS-BIOS is not correctly setup. If you are using Helios you need to take that into consideration in the Export.lua. Both entries needs to be listed in Export.lua (DCS-BIOS & Helios).

Darkwolf will get you up and running in no time.

New release:

2.1.120 [26 March 2015]

Bugfix, old settings not cleared when opening a new profile. Concerns all panels except Radio Panel.

Bugfix, Pitch down, Flaps down description not visible and corresponding entry in profile erroneous.

PZ55 Landing gear lights modification on how new values are treated.

Added option for user to have a description for DCS-BIOS tied switches, knobs, buttons.

Added TF-51D as new profile option for development purposes only

Hi everyone !

DCS-BIOS, required for FlightPanel to run, has been updated this week. It is strongly recommended to update it. You can download the files here :

https://github.com/dcs-bios/dcs-bios

Just overwrite your installation files. Warning: if you are running Helios or any others 3rd party requiring export scripts, make sure you backup you export.lua first.

One change may concern some FlightPanel users. HSI instruments variable have been corrected in DCS BIOS. If you were using HSI_HDG as input in your profile, you may want to open your profile with a script editor (Notepad++ is fine - regular notepad may be troublesome), and replace "HSI_HDG" input by "HSI_HDG_KNOB". If you are unsure how to edit this, let me know and I'll fix your file for you.

Don't hesitate if you have any question or suggestions,

Pierre.

New version available.

Big thanks to Saitek/Mad Catz (Monty Rimorin) for providing a TPM panel! Much appreciated. :thumbup:

v2.1.158 [1.4.2015]

TPM Panel supported

User gets error message if USB Instance IDs are found in the profile file that cannot be found in Windows.

New profile file format, easier to read with device Instance ID listed only once.

Example of how the new format looks like. Much easier to share profile data now, just copy paste the content between BeginPanel and EndPanel.

#This file can be manually edited using any ASCII editor.
#File created on 26.3.2015 0:00:00 26.3.2015 8:37:47
#  ***Do not change the location nor content of the line below***
Airframe=A10C

PanelType=PZ55SwitchPanel
PanelInstanceID=\\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d67#9&231fd360&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
BeginPanel
   SwitchPanelKey{1KNOB_ENGINE_OFF}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_A}
   SwitchPanelKey{1KNOB_ENGINE_RIGHT}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_B}
   SwitchPanelKey{1KNOB_ENGINE_LEFT}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_C}
   SwitchPanelKey{1KNOB_ENGINE_BOTH}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_D}
   SwitchPanelKey{1KNOB_ENGINE_START}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_E}
   SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_CLOSE_COWL}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{AHCP_HUD_MODE|SET_STATE|1}
   SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_CLOSE_COWL|tesssttt}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{AAP_STEERPT|SET_STATE|2}
EndPanel

PanelType=PZ70MultiPanel
PanelInstanceID=\\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d06#8&3f11a32&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
BeginPanel
   MultiPanelKnob{0PITCH_TRIM_WHEEL_DOWN}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_B}
   MultiPanelKnob{0FLAPS_LEVER_DOWN}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_A}
   MultiPanelKnob{1AUTO_THROTTLE}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_4}
   MultiPanelKnob{0AUTO_THROTTLE}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_3}
   MultiPanelKnob{1LCD_WHEEL_DEC}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_1}
   MultiPanelKnob{1LCD_WHEEL_INC}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_2}
   MultiPanelKnob{1PITCH_TRIM_WHEEL_UP}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_7}
   MultiPanelKnob{1AP_BUTTON}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_9}
   MultiPanelKnob{0AP_BUTTON}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_0}
   MultiPanelKnob{1HDG_BUTTON}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_1}
   MultiPanelKnob{0HDG_BUTTON}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_2}
   MultiPanelKnob{1NAV_BUTTON}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_3}
   MultiPanelKnob{0NAV_BUTTON}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_4}
   MultiPanelKnob{1IAS_BUTTON}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_5}
   MultiPanelKnob{0IAS_BUTTON}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,VK_6}
EndPanel

Edited by ArturDCS

Does anyone have any experience running Flightpanels along with Aries Airborne Radio? Alone, they both run fine, but when I try to run Flightpanels with Aries, my switch panel stops working. It appears to be receiving data from DCS, as the gear lights switch on green after A-10C battery power is online. But none of the switches send any commands to the sim. I'm running the switch panel under DCS-BIOS.

Both Aries and DCS-BIOS require entries in Export.lua, and I suspect there's a conflict going on, but the Aries code is all .luac encrypted, so there's no way to tell what ports are in use.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Sorry I have not but you might want to ask here what the problem could be.

I have almost no understanding of the Lua engine etc. Don't see why they shouldn't be able to co-exist though.

Does anyone have any experience running Flightpanels along with Aries Airborne Radio? Alone, they both run fine, but when I try to run Flightpanels with Aries, my switch panel stops working. It appears to be receiving data from DCS, as the gear lights switch on green after A-10C battery power is online. But none of the switches send any commands to the sim. I'm running the switch panel under DCS-BIOS.

Both Aries and DCS-BIOS require entries in Export.lua, and I suspect there's a conflict going on, but the Aries code is all .luac encrypted, so there's no way to tell what ports are in use.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Trouble in space

ArturDCS, thanks for making this great app. I bought my PZ55 years ago on the assumption I could rebind it easily. Weeks later, with much help from some AutoHotKey community members, I had modified a HID-handling AHK script that worked for all my DCS needs with the panel. But it wasn't nearly as pretty as your solution =)

I've revisited the switch panel issue now that I'm playing Elite: Dangerous. I read posts from other players that your app allowed them to use the switch in game.

and

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32562

But I'm not seeing the same results. The log window continues to record switch changes while I'm in-game, but I see no results from my keybinds. I'm using simple keybinds like "g" for landing gear and "l" for lights so as not to overly complicate the keystrokes while troubleshooting.

I'm using the "None" profile and turned off the "Check for Digital Combat Simulator" option and I've tried both keybd_event() and SendInput() modes. Things work great on the desktop with Notepad and such, but in the game I get no key responses from the switch. I am not using DCS-BIOS because it seems like that is purely to get lights working and other DCS-specific things.

Do you have any idea how I could troubleshoot this?

OK, interesting.

Considering the old posts reporting success in Elite I think it may be that for some reason something isn't working after the refactoring phase. The software has had several major overhauls and focus has always been DCS but the emulating part should work, if not then I will fix it.

Can you ask the Elite pilots whether someone is using the the very latest version of FP?

ArturDCS, thanks for making this great app. I bought my PZ55 years ago on the assumption I could rebind it easily. Weeks later, with much help from some AutoHotKey community members, I had modified a HID-handling AHK script that worked for all my DCS needs with the panel. But it wasn't nearly as pretty as your solution =)

I've revisited the switch panel issue now that I'm playing Elite: Dangerous. I read posts from other players that your app allowed them to use the switch in game.

and

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32562

But I'm not seeing the same results. The log window continues to record switch changes while I'm in-game, but I see no results from my keybinds. I'm using simple keybinds like "g" for landing gear and "l" for lights so as not to overly complicate the keystrokes while troubleshooting.

I'm using the "None" profile and turned off the "Check for Digital Combat Simulator" option and I've tried both keybd_event() and SendInput() modes. Things work great on the desktop with Notepad and such, but in the game I get no key responses from the switch. I am not using DCS-BIOS because it seems like that is purely to get lights working and other DCS-specific things.

Do you have any idea how I could troubleshoot this?

A friend of mine suggested running Flightpanels as administrator. That worked for me. I feel really stupid, but so happy I finally got this working.

Good work and thanks for posting the solution. "Run As Administrator" can be really difficult to home in on, I usually tend to look for more difficult solutions.

Hi ArturDCS!

In the A-10C with otherwise perfectly working flightpanel I am unable to tune in VHF FM 48,525, However I can tune in 48,500 and 48,550.

In the 3D Cockit and / or Aries Radio Panel can tune in that frequency, IIRC. Could you eloborate on this? Is this expected behaviour?

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Well not too much to elaborate on. I will fix it. :music_whistling:

Its an artifact from the development of the VHF AM where we had to clip the last digit to make it fit into the PZ69 screen which has 5 digits vs VHF AM's 6 digits.

Hi ArturDCS!

In the A-10C with otherwise perfectly working flightpanel I am unable to tune in VHF FM 48,525, However I can tune in 48,500 and 48,550.

In the 3D Cockit and / or Aries Radio Panel can tune in that frequency, IIRC. Could you eloborate on this? Is this expected behaviour?

@Arturdcs and Darkwolf

I wanted to thank you both again for helping me out with my issues a couple of weeks ago. I'm enjoying the panels even more now. I did have another issue with DCS Virtual cockpit which is an android app (same developer of I control) which was causing flight panels to stop working. Through a few emails and some more testing the developer has updated his scripting and cleared the conflict. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more out of this great software.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Excellent (and thanks)! :)

@Arturdcs and Darkwolf

I wanted to thank you both again for helping me out with my issues a couple of weeks ago. I'm enjoying the panels even more now. I did have another issue with DCS Virtual cockpit which is an android app (same developer of I control) which was causing flight panels to stop working. Through a few emails and some more testing the developer has updated his scripting and cleared the conflict. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more out of this great software.

Yes, multiples of any supported panel type works 100% regardless of using them as key emulators or with DCS-BIOS. I have two radio panels which is nice, don't have to switch between radios. All active frequencies are visible all the time. I am also using two BIPS.

Does this program work with multiple Switch Panels?

Edited by ArturDCS