DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Hi Jedra

I found this to be an issue a while back when i was trying to make a profile for this module. Warlord did the code for this module without actually having the module to test as he has done with many other aircraft modules and does a great job. I tried to change some code to get the profile to "read" DCS BIOS but failed as my programming skills are poor. At the moment i get by with just key emulation. Try going to the DCS flight panels discord server and there is a place there that you can report this also as it seems to be more active now than this thread.

Regards PEEP

Thanks PEEP, will try discord!

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

• 2 weeks later...

I've just implement DCSFP and DCS BIOS. I had a few problems which were resolved quite quickly but wanted to post my experience as it may help others with similar problems.

DCS BIOS install path

After following the instructions for install I started the application (DCSFP) for the first time and was met with an error page saying that DCS BIOS could not be found and to check the install path. I searched for a config file or similar which had the path to the DCS BIOS json directory and couldn't find one. The Install path in the error had defaulted to the <saved games>\DCS directory and not the DCS.beta directory. There were no instructions detailing where this path could be changed, I discovered by accident that you need to set the path from within the settings page of DCSFP. Once I had done this AND deleted the error log everything ran as normal.

Using copied profiles for specific aircraft

It wasn't immediately apparent that you needed to change the device ID in the profile to your specific Device ID and how to do this. There was an error/warning message when importing a profile but I wasn't sure if using the button to copy your device ID actually made any changes to the profile or if you needed to manually change the ID in the profile file. The button did indeed change everything for you and all you had to do is save the profile again.

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

Thanks, Yeti42.

I wish I saw your post last night when I unboxed and set up my new Logitech Flight Panel.

The instructions for all this are documented well, but sometimes for a guy like me I need to read, fail and read again. Usually failing helps me to understand what I did not read properly the first few times.

I had the same initial challenges as you and got it all working after re-reading the instructions (a few times) plus readme file comments and of course a few searches on this forum.

Glad you got it all working and hope you have lots of fun with your new setup

Cheers.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps it was addressed somewhere in the thread, but the mapping of the Right-Alt is handled in a weird way for non-US keyboards.

OK, it's not a problem to switch to US keyboard when editing the profile, but the real issue for me is that when the new key sequence involves ALT and SHIFT keys, then when any letter is pressed, it is ignored by the DCS Flight Panels and cannot be added to the sequence.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

@Dudikoff -- This has been an issue with DCSFP since the outset. You have to manually edit the profile file in a text editor.

Here is an example. After attempting to program a Switch Panel control with "Left ALT + H," what you see below would show up in the profile file:

PanelType=PZ55SwitchPanel

PanelInstanceID=\\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d67#7&26dba42b&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

PanelSettingsVersion=0X

BeginPanel

SwitchPanelKey{1KNOB_ENGINE_OFF}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,LMENU}

Instead of "LALT," DCSFP puts "LMENU" in the file. You have to manually add the associated key as follows:

PanelType=PZ55SwitchPanel

PanelInstanceID=\\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d67#7&26dba42b&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

PanelSettingsVersion=0X

BeginPanel

SwitchPanelKey{1KNOB_ENGINE_OFF}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,LMENU
+ VK_H
}

There is actually a note at the top of the profile file about this, but I see that it is not quite correct in that the "CONTROL" term mentioned no longer shows up. At some point along the way, DCSFP must have changed in that regard.

I hope this help.

Paul

@Dudikoff -- This has been an issue with DCSFP since the outset. You have to manually edit the profile file in a text editor.

There is actually a note at the top of the profile file about this, but I see that it is not quite correct in that the "CONTROL" term mentioned no longer shows up. At some point along the way, DCSFP must have changed in that regard.

I hope this help.

Paul

Ah, thanks. Didn't think to look for such notes in the profile itself. I remember the program was buggy, but I didn't use it for years so presumed such issues would have been ironed out by now. I guess the program core handling regarding key emulation is left untouched then if this issue is still kept.

BTW, the CONTROL part still shows up if you have a non-US/UK keyboard (i.e. AltGr function which gives you special outputs for certain keys instead of pure Alt function).

Too bad Logitech didn't at least provide common DX button presses for each position of the switches/encoders in their updated dr.. well, I guess they're not really drivers, more like hacked profiles for certain games..

Pretty silly decision by Saitek to begin with, I really wanted to be able to program the switch panel with my X65 in the SST back in the day.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I have downloaded the latest DCS BIOS with a profile for F18.

I use DCS BIOS together with the DCS Flight panels.

Unfortunately I cannot get the Logitech G Pro Flight Radio Panel PZ69 to work as described for Freq and channel Changes in the profile v1.0 by Capt Zeen.

The Logitech G Pro Flight Switch Panel PZ55 and Logitech G Pro Flight Multi Panel PZ70 is not pre programmed as the Logitech G Pro Flight Radio Panel PZ69 and it is very easy to get DCS BIOS keybinds assigned yourself.

Is there an easy way to still load the f18 profile but delete the pre programmed F18 assignments for the Logitech G Pro Flight Radio Panel PZ69 so it is still possible to assign DCS BIOS keybinds yourself?

Edit: Problem solved, there is an option when loading the DCS-Bios profile to load the generic radio panel thus giving you the possibility to input your own DCS-Bios inputs.

Edited by kimkiller

• 1 month later...

Quick question - I've noticed that the basic DCSFP app (without DCS BIOS installed), doesn't recognise many keys on my English (Australia) - US keyboard setup. Is there something I need to change to make this work?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Quick question - I've noticed that the basic DCSFP app (without DCS BIOS installed), doesn't recognise many keys on my English (Australia) - US keyboard setup. Is there something I need to change to make this work?

I know there is an issue with the "ALT" keys and US keyboards. If you try to use "ALT + F," for example, only the "F" will show up at first in DCSFP. You have to open the profile in a text editor and add the word "MENU," I believe (it's been a while). Which keys in particular are you having trouble with?

Paul

Hmmm, I also had issues binding something as simple as a letter key - not all of them, but from memory R wouldn't bind at all in the software. Note that I'm using it as a simple key-press mapper. Any ideas why I had that issue?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I´m totally lost :cry: btw. the DCS-BIOS and DCSFP versions, could someone be so kind and point me to the right direction

After a looooong absence from DCS I started all over again with my Switch Panel (PZ55) and here is my problem:

Installed the DCS-BIOS v0.10.0 and the the DCSFP 4.0.39a..

So there is no more DCS-BIOS Folder inside the SCRIPTS Folder and I cannot find any *.exe in the 4.0.39a Folder.

I tried it with an old DCS -BIOS 0.7.1 and DCSFP 3.6.22 and it somehow works but only as a KeyEmulator.

What is the right way to use DCSFP nowadays?

Thank you very much

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Sorry I´m totally lost :cry: btw. the DCS-BIOS and DCSFP versions, could someone be so kind and point me to the right direction

After a looooong absence from DCS I started all over again with my Switch Panel (PZ55) and here is my problem:

So there is no more DCS-BIOS Folder inside the SCRIPTS Folder and I cannot find any *.exe in the 4.0.39a Folder.

I tried it with an old DCS -BIOS 0.7.1 and DCSFP 3.6.22 and it somehow works but only as a KeyEmulator.

Thank you very much

I'm in kinda the same situation, I've been trying to get it to work but I get prompts that DCSFP can't find DCS-BIOS. Which folder is it supposed to be located in? On top of that I get the warning: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I use DSCFP version DCSFlightpanels_x64_4.0.39_alpha and I've ran the DCS-BIOS-Hub-Setup-v0.10.0.

I'm lost and I really want some help to get my ZP55 to work, thanks :)

Hello again everyone,

I got DCSFP up and running without any errors, however I can't get my ZP55 to appear in DCSFP when I choose "Keyemulator" WHat am I missing here?

Aaaaaand I fixed it. :pilotfly:

Good morning everyone.

After a while a managed to get also a radio panel.

But i got a bad surprise when i opened dcs flight panels with it. I saw that differently from the other 2 panels for many planes we have default profiles which doesn't seem possible to modify (f18 and f14 for example), while for planes like jf17 is possible to do profiles on your own.

Well i would like to modify those profile or create from scratch.

Will it be possible someway?

For example i saw that the f18 uses only comm1 comm2 and ils, but i would like to use the other switches to move other things in the cockpit..same in the f14 where i am not interested in being a RIO and will happily ditch rio controls to replace with something else.

How can i do?

Thanks

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hello,

Anyone have seen this or might know why this happen? DCS can send data to my PZ55, I can see gear light can light on/off on my PZ55 but looks like DCS don't receive any inputs from my PZ55. I use Flight Panel P-51D.bindings (from DCS-FlighPanel-Profiles-master) with my PZ55 ID. I used it in the past when I was on Win7. I'm now back on DCS but now with Windows 10. No issue on key emulator mode.

Windows 10

DCS 2.5.5

Module: P-51D

DCSFP version: 3.6.22

FP DCS-BIOS: 0.7.34

Profile: Flight Panel P-51D.bindings

Thank you

Edited by Flyingfrog

It'd be awesome if you could link to the DCS Bios installer in your first post, as I followed your download link and ended up grabbing DCS BIOS Master, which didn't work. Only after digging through the DCS BIOS page did I find another link explaining how to install it, and where to grab the installer.

For noobies like me who have never used github, it's a confusing interface.

I’ve got a couple of weird issues since installing:

1. My new Crosswind pedals stopped working - while they’re recognised and the rudder axis is working in the tune axis option, the axis movement bar in the controls doesn’t move. If I delete the entire Crosswind bar in the axis options, and then configure again, they work. But I have to remap them every time I start dcs. Any ideas?

2. When mapping keystrokes in dcs flight panels, I sometimes get an error about an object not being found. But if I persevere and keep mapping, the error stops occurring.

Thank you very much

Hello Hammer,

First times on GitHub can be fast confusing I agree; which version to install, why some download haven't .exe file, what difference between DCSFlightPanels/DCS-BIOS and DCS-BIOS/DCS-BIOS, etc...

There are downloads for developers and download for users. Go on release section to get downloads for users (with .exe file). About DCS-Bios, on first page of this forum, the link for DCS-BIOS bring you to DCSFlightPanels/DCS-BIOS main page and not on the release page. Clic on "releases" to get access to release versions for users. Please note that DCS-BIOS v0.10.0 is from DCS-BIOS/DCS-BIOS which is more for SimPit (Home Cockpit) builders. DCS-BIOS from DCSFlightPanels/DCS-BIOS is for DCSFlightPanels. If you prefer the easy way, go with DCSFlightPanels/DCS-BIOS.

Hope this help.

If somebody see I'm wrong please advise.

Edited by Flyingfrog

I am having issues with DCSFlightpanels stepping on VKBDEVCFG. For starters, if I press "save" on DCSFP profile, and try to open VKBDEVCFG, the VKB software will hard crash.

Also, the VKB Joystick was renamed in windows -a space was added before its name causing issues with DCS, etc...I suspect DCSFP - what could do that?

Hello Hammer,

First times on GitHub can be fast confusing I agree; which version to install, why some download haven't .exe file, what difference between DCSFlightPanels/DCS-BIOS and DCS-BIOS/DCS-BIOS, etc...

There are downloads for developers and download for users. Go on release section to get downloads for users (with .exe file). About DCS-Bios, on first page of this forum, the link for DCS-BIOS bring you to DCSFlightPanels/DCS-BIOS main page and not on the release page. Clic on "releases" to get access to release versions for users. Please note that DCS-BIOS v0.10.0 is from DCS-BIOS/DCS-BIOS which is more for SimPit (Home Cockpit) builders. DCS-BIOS from DCSFlightPanels/DCS-BIOS is for DCSFlightPanels. If you prefer the easy way, go with DCSFlightPanels/DCS-BIOS.

Hope this help.

If somebody see I'm wrong, please advised

If somebody see I'm wrong please advise.

Thank you for the explanation :thumbup: After a very, very short test, it seems to work now

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT