DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

ALL is perfect now I found solution .

I use also PITCH_TRIM_WHEEL and 1LCD_WHEEL to rotate :) :)

I try to program my Multi panel PZ70 and especialy LCD

I found video about formula

For example Inside profile bindings you use ALT_MSL_FT but I did not find it inside mainpanelinit.lua as explained CaptZeen

Where I can have a complement of explanation for using PZ70

I found your formula.text and example I try to program HSI-CRS_KNOB but the result is not convincing

I used

truncate(HSI_CRS_KNOB*360/65536) but I do not have the same results on LCD 0 to 360 as CRS Knob

What is Truncate

CaptZeen give (((HSI_CRS_KNOB*0,00549)+0)) same result LCD does not give a good result

Edited by John_Charles37

I will start programming F-5E radios now. I will look into something that could count data from the panels.

Now because it is evenly distributed I don't think it is the panels (broken sensor) but maybe the driver. Regardless I will look into it.

Can't help you more than that though.

Did you connect the panels to the other computer too when testing DCSFP there? Same CPU load?

Hi Artur,

Yes I have connected the switch panel to the other computer and it was running fine.

So I guess something went wrong at my pc, but can’t find what is it.

Uninstalling the driver didn’t work, windows installed it right back again.

Maybe I did it wrong, but I can’t put the finger on it...

Thank you for helping!

Ron

Callsign   SETUP

Thanks for profile

I do not have a BIP but it seems that there are a lot of Leds.

It is the same with Radio Panel 8 segments display

Different with PZ55 only switches

Is your panel is supplied directly on USB computer ports or do you use USB port supply?

In my case for Radio Panel I use an USB with power supply

You can also verify all voltage in particular Processor seeing if they are correct when you see the problem.

but perhaps you had made that?

It is an idea.

Edited by John_Charles37

Did you try the latest DCSFP version? Same problem still?

I attached a screenshot of the Windows driver for my radio panel. Same driver used for all panels(I think).

Hi Artur,

Yes I have connected the switch panel to the other computer and it was running fine.

So I guess something went wrong at my pc, but can’t find what is it.

Uninstalling the driver didn’t work, windows installed it right back again.

Maybe I did it wrong, but I can’t put the finger on it...

Thank you for helping!

Ron

driver1.png.2908fea82e31b9e84e91634f3e5819e2.png

I attached a screenshot of the Windows driver for my radio panel. Same driver used for all panels(I think).

I can confirm I have the same driver for all 3 panels and it work well.

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Attaching latest DCSFP version with CPU usage, not running anything yet, with the driver version.

it seems another driver version (but from the same date..(?))

I could not update it via windows update to match your version.

5TWQr7C.jpg

Callsign   SETUP

Attaching latest DCSFP version with CPU usage, not running anything yet, with the driver version.

it seems another driver version (but from the same date..(?))

I could not update it via windows update to match your version.

thats really strange... of course you tried click on 'Update driver' button? I have two suggestion:

- once for winxp I found tool which remove selected driver completely, I will try find it in meantime maybe remove driver, reboot and plug panel again to different port

- install Flight Panels Test Software https://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/flight-sim-cockpit-radio-panel/downloads probably it is juzst testing software but maybe it contains drivers as well

EDIT:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-easily-remove-old-drivers-from-windows/

or try one of this:

https://windowsreport.com/remove-driver-software/ do not remember which one it was

Edited by emc

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

thats really strange... of course you tried click on 'Update driver' button? I have two suggestion:

- once for winxp I found tool which remove selected driver completely, I will try find it in meantime maybe remove driver, reboot and plug panel again to different port

- install Flight Panels Test Software https://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/flight-sim-cockpit-radio-panel/downloads probably it is juzst testing software but maybe it contains drivers as well

EDIT:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-easily-remove-old-drivers-from-windows/

or try one of this:

https://windowsreport.com/remove-driver-software/ do not remember which one it was

Thank you very much for your support!!

I did try update driver button - but it could not find better ones....

Unfortunately I could not remove the drivers and they just re-install themselves when I plug the panels back in.

I guess I need the correct inf files for the drivers to try and force update them

(or format windows... :huh:)

Callsign   SETUP

Thank you very much for your support!!

I did try update driver button - but it could not find better ones....

Unfortunately I could not remove the drivers and they just re-install themselves when I plug the panels back in.

I guess I need the correct inf files for the drivers to try and force update them

(or format windows... :huh:)

I think you can try use one of those program. I'm not sure how it is in win10, but when I use one of them in winxp... the thing is every time you plug anything into USB port windows literary install driver even if the same devise was already plugged in different port. So, if you plug panel into 3 different ports you have 3 driver installed.

Maybe when you remove all of them, anything changed...

dcs_footer500.jpg

Maybe I got this which windows version you use??? Driver is a part of windows!!!! https://changewindows.org/build/redstone5/17763/pc

dcs_footer500.jpg

dcs_footer500.jpg

Have you tried using a powered USB 2.0 hub?

I've tried my monitors usb hub. no change.

Tell me if you think it's this issue I saw now:

On the drivers properties page, going onto events I see a message :

Device HID\VID_06A3&PID_0D67\7&188321cb&1&0000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

I've tried uninstalling the device, and also the other 'conflicting device',

also passed through the registry and deleted all it's entries (by the other device ID - it's my Sidewinder FF2)

then restarted windows, and plugged only the panel, and now it conflicted with another device that was not currently connected) the same way...

I removed it as well with the same method.

restarted and reconnected the panel only. now it re conflicted with my previous Sidewinder again....

before all that I went through a helpful video of :

How To Remove Old Device Drivers From Windows 10

it didn't help for my current issue but it might help others...

Not sure this is the cause of my issue but that's allI got now....:(

Thanks!!

zjxoyeA.jpg

Edited by ron533

Callsign   SETUP

I've tried my monitors usb hub. no change.

I am at a loss here but could you try and rollback Windows updates to a time when you didn't have problems and the re-apply the updates?

Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/not-migrated-due-to-partial-or-ambiguous-match/9e18a99a-0131-422e-8527-fa20b2793e9e

https://windows10skill.com/device-not-migrated-windows-10/

I am at a loss here but could you try and rollback Windows updates to a time when you didn't have problems and the re-apply the updates?

Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/not-migrated-due-to-partial-or-ambiguous-match/9e18a99a-0131-422e-8527-fa20b2793e9e

https://windows10skill.com/device-not-migrated-windows-10/

I do have the latest bios. I've followed the Microsoft tutorial but it did not help.

I've only recently noticed the CPU problem, so it might have been there for a long time already...

My windows was upgraded to Win 10 and not fresh installed, so it might have created the conflicts here.

I'm not sure that is the actual problem but it's the immediate suspect I've got. :noexpression:

My other thoughts are that I wonder why is it not like this (high cpu usage) all the time those devices are connected?

the device is connected, and the (possibly) bad drivers are installed, so I got to have high CPU usage all the time , right?

But I get that only with DCSFP.

When using the flight panel test software (Flight_Panels_x64_Software_8.0.150.0.exe) that also utilizes the drivers and panel - I get very low CPU usage.

So either it's not the drivers fault, or the test software does something else unlike DCSFP?

Just a thought...

Thank you guys for the help!!

Callsign   SETUP

Hi Ron

For my material Saitek I use this drivers

https://support.logitech.fr/fr_fr/produ ... /downloads

and the best is that you can verify every panels you had

Installation in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Logitech drivers FSX et FSW but OK for every software as DCS

and the most interesting under

C:\Program Files\Logitech\Flight Panels you can test every panel with LCD Leds buttons

I suppose you had the same

Edited by John_Charles37

Everything you write makes sense, looking at it from different perspectives. But am I regardless too thick to figure out what it could be.

Unfortunately I don't have any knowledge about drivers and how they actually work within Windows but as you say, why doesn't Saitek's software cause the same problem.

And to recap, if you only have one panel connected it is half the CPU load?

And nothing in the Windows Event Log, DCSFP Error Log?

At this point I am totally out of ideas. Yes installing a fresh Windows 10 could be an idea, in my view upgrading usually comes with some weird problems BUT again, Saitek's software is OK.

Are there any other software showing higher CPU load when you have DCSFP running? Some obscure service or something not that obvious?

I do have the latest bios. I've followed the Microsoft tutorial but it did not help.

I've only recently noticed the CPU problem, so it might have been there for a long time already...

My windows was upgraded to Win 10 and not fresh installed, so it might have created the conflicts here.

I'm not sure that is the actual problem but it's the immediate suspect I've got. :noexpression:

My other thoughts are that I wonder why is it not like this (high cpu usage) all the time those devices are connected?

the device is connected, and the (possibly) bad drivers are installed, so I got to have high CPU usage all the time , right?

But I get that only with DCSFP.

When using the flight panel test software (Flight_Panels_x64_Software_8.0.150.0.exe) that also utilizes the drivers and panel - I get very low CPU usage.

So either it's not the drivers fault, or the test software does something else unlike DCSFP?

Just a thought...

Thank you guys for the help!!

Everything you write makes sense, looking at it from different perspectives. But am I regardless too thick to figure out what it could be.

Unfortunately I don't have any knowledge about drivers and how they actually work within Windows but as you say, why doesn't Saitek's software cause the same problem.

And to recap, if you only have one panel connected it is half the CPU load?

And nothing in the Windows Event Log, DCSFP Error Log?

At this point I am totally out of ideas. Yes installing a fresh Windows 10 could be an idea, in my view upgrading usually comes with some weird problems BUT again, Saitek's software is OK.

Are there any other software showing higher CPU load when you have DCSFP running? Some obscure service or something not that obvious?

Yes, when one panel connected is half CPU load.

nothing in windows event or error log.

I'm attaching the debug log just in case..

Message = [Entering Mainwindow Shutdown()]

Message = [Mainwindow Shutdown() Timers stopped]

Message = [Mainwindow Shutdown() saitekUserControls shutdown]

Message = [Mainwindow Shutdown() _hidHandler shutdown]

Message = [DCSBIOS is SHUTTING DOWN]

Message = [ProtocolParser shutting down]

Message = [Mainwindow Shutdown() _dcsBios shutdown]

Message = [Leaving Mainwindow Shutdown()]

Message = [Entering HIDHandler.Startup()]

Message = [---------------]

Message = [Looking for : \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d67#7&188321cb&1&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030} \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d67#7&188321cb&1&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}]

Message = [HIDSkeleton not found : \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d67#7&188321cb&1&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}]

Message = [Looking for : \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0b4e#7&3ff9c31&2&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030} \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0b4e#7&3ff9c31&2&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}]

Message = [HIDSkeleton not found : \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0b4e#7&3ff9c31&2&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}]

Message = [PZ55SwitchPanel HIDReadDevice has entered the building...]

Message = [PZ55SwitchPanel HIDWriteDevice has entered the building...]

Message = [backLitPanel HIDReadDevice has entered the building...]

Message = [backLitPanel HIDWriteDevice has entered the building...]

Message = [LoadProfile filename : D:\DCS_UTILS\DCSFlightpanels_x64_3.0.4\A-10C_BIP.bindings]

Message = [LoadProfile _lastProfileUsed : D:\DCS_UTILS\DCSFlightpanels_x64_3.0.4\A-10C_BIP.bindings]

Message = [LoadProfile _filename : D:\DCS_UTILS\DCSFlightpanels_x64_3.0.4\A-10C_BIP.bindings]

Message = [ProfileHandler Sends OnAirframeSelected & OnSettingsReadFromFile event]

Message = [setApplicationMode() Airframe has changed. Current airframe is A10C]

Message = [There are 0 TabControlPanels.Items]

Message = [Entering CloseTabItems()]

Message = [_saitekUserControls count is 0]

Message = [TabControlPanels.Items.Count is 0]

Message = [Leaving CloseTabItems()]

Message = [starting up DCSBIOS]

Message = [DCSBIOS is STARTING UP]

Message = [ProtocolParser starting up]

Message = [DCSBIOS entering threaded receive data loop]

Message = [ProtocolParser starting processing loop]

Message = [searching for A-10C.json in directory D:\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json]

Message = [Opening D:\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json\A-10C.json]

Message = [Adding callback PZ55SwitchPanel a61cf5cb-5587-41ad-ab8a-56205ea9d7df]

Message = [Adding callback PZ55SwitchPanel a61cf5cb-5587-41ad-ab8a-56205ea9d7df]

Message = [Entering Mainwindow Shutdown()]

Message = [Mainwindow Shutdown() Timers stopped]

Message = [Mainwindow Shutdown() saitekUserControls shutdown]

Message = [Mainwindow Shutdown() _hidHandler shutdown]

Message = [Mainwindow Shutdown() _dcsBios shutdown]

Message = [Leaving Mainwindow Shutdown()]

Message = [Entering HIDHandler.Startup()]

Message = [Looking for : \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d67#7&188321cb&1&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030} \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d67#7&188321cb&1&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}]

Message = [HIDSkeleton not found : \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0d67#7&188321cb&1&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}]

Message = [Looking for : \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0b4e#7&3ff9c31&2&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030} \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0b4e#7&3ff9c31&2&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}]

Message = [HIDSkeleton not found : \\?\hid#vid_06a3&pid_0b4e#7&3ff9c31&2&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}]

Message = [PZ55SwitchPanel HIDReadDevice has entered the building...]

Message = [PZ55SwitchPanel HIDWriteDevice has entered the building...]

Message = [backLitPanel HIDReadDevice has entered the building...]

Message = [backLitPanel HIDWriteDevice has entered the building...]

Message = [LoadProfile filename : D:\DCS_UTILS\DCSFlightpanels_x64_3.0.4\A-10C_BIP.bindings]

Message = [LoadProfile _lastProfileUsed : D:\DCS_UTILS\DCSFlightpanels_x64_3.0.4\A-10C_BIP.bindings]

Message = [LoadProfile _filename : D:\DCS_UTILS\DCSFlightpanels_x64_3.0.4\A-10C_BIP.bindings]

Message = [ProfileHandler Sends OnAirframeSelected & OnSettingsReadFromFile event]

Message = [setApplicationMode() Airframe has changed. Current airframe is A10C]

Message = [There are 0 TabControlPanels.Items]

Message = [Entering CloseTabItems()]

Message = [_saitekUserControls count is 0]

Message = [TabControlPanels.Items.Count is 0]

Message = [Leaving CloseTabItems()]

Message = [starting up DCSBIOS]

Message = [searching for A-10C.json in directory D:\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json]

Message = [Opening D:\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json\A-10C.json]

Message = [Adding callback PZ55SwitchPanel 1e50b554-4b4d-4722-ba68-aaadf7fb4ddb]

Message = [Adding callback PZ55SwitchPanel 1e50b554-4b4d-4722-ba68-aaadf7fb4ddb]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition1_1]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition1_2]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition1_3]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition1_4]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition1_5]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition1_6]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition1_7]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition1_8]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition2_1]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition2_2]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition2_3]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition2_4]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition2_5]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition2_6]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition2_7]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition2_8]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition3_1]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition3_2]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition3_3]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition3_4]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition3_5]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition3_6]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition3_7]

Message = [bIP image name clicked is : ImagePosition3_8]

Thank you, and sorry for all the trouble! it is a great software and probably an isolated issue related to upgrading Windows in the past...

One day I will install windows again, probably with a new PC, but not just yet... :)

Cheers :thumbup:

Ron

Callsign   SETUP

Maybe I am missing something, if so, please redirect me. Will there be an update of DCSFlightpanels to allow use of the new DCS-BIOS with the F-14B or did i screw up the installation, as I does not show in the drop down for selecting aircraft for the Saitek panel.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

OK, thanks. I saw a new Bios come out yesterday and was trying to update. Thought I was missing something. Hopefully it will be out soon.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system