DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Can you post your error log?

I'm have tried to install Flightpanels_2.1.204 but I get the following error message and the app is a blank window.

1017 Method not found: 'Int32 System.Environment.get_currentManagedThreadId()'

When I press any switch on the Panel, the app displays the switch panel and all the buttons and gear switch display and animate correctly, but I cannot click on anything , just get a "ding" sound. I have to kill the app using end-task.

I have tried running the app as administrator, but it behaves the same.

Any assistance would be appreciated..

Windows 7 SP1 64bit - Saitek X52pro & Pro Flight Rudders & Switch Panel - Track Ir

Yes this is doable.

I have little time for FP right now because of my work load. This will change once we go into the dark half of the year here in Finland. But once I start FP programming again I will look into this and other things too that we have been planning.

Hi

I was wondering if you can make a key keep being pressed until it's switched off.

i.e in F15c I want to map the S key for nose wheel steering and this only works if you hold down the S key.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

so ive been busy with work stuff and haven't been able to retest this until today. started with a fresh profile and still have the same problem. i can live with setting it up with dcs-bios but it baffles me as stated before that it worked before. your initial response on the matter was correct and from what i gather it works for you if you program the keys to the virtual key. one interesting thing though is in the log on the bottom right of the PZ70 screen. see attached pic and let me know if this looks a miss to you.

panelslog.thumb.jpg.5a98496dee7f75f66bb98211835771f5.jpg

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Switch Panel Overlay

I followed this thread and got it working perfectly. I really Like it.

The only problem was the Cessna labels. It was driving me nuts in my P-51 so I made one.

Feel free to use it.

Make sure you print on card stock (heavy paper) and size the image to be 11 inches by 3.5 inches.

If you have an inkjet printer with glossy photo paper it looks REAL NICE, but laser works too.

Carefully cut out the knobs and switches with an sharp hobby knife and it will fit nicely on your switch panel.

I put bits of velcro on mine so I can peel it off and change it with overlays that I'm making for the 190 and 109.

681966580_switches3.thumb.jpg.cf29a889bebb509f89656523fe5bd06b.jpg

Edited by 4H_Ccrashh
  • Like 1

Hi, you cannot use the led lights without using the currently supported DCS-BIOS modules which are A-10C and UH-1H.

Your profile says "None", when you create a profile make sure to choose either of the supported modules. Make sure you have a working DCS-BIOS installation, see first post in this thread.

Hello, thank you for this software it's great working, I have only this problem when trying to configure the landing leds

134418Sanstitredd.jpg

Thanks for your help

Excellent, thanks! :)

I followed this thread and got it working perfectly. I really Like it.

The only problem was the Cessna labels. It was driving me nuts in my P-51 so I made one.

Feel free to use it.

Make sure you print on card stock (heavy paper) and size the image to be 11 inches by 3.5 inches.

If you have an inkjet printer with glossy photo paper it looks REAL NICE, but laser works too.

Carefully cut out the knobs and switches with an sharp hobby knife and it will fit nicely on your switch panel.

I put bits of velcro on mine so I can peel it off and change it with overlays that I'm making for the 190 and 109.

Thank you for your response, but until now I didn't understand how to instal the DCS-Bios?

Please read the first post in this thread about DCS-BIOS. You have the information there. Please read carefully. If there are missing information then I will add it. OK?

Edited by ArturDCS
clarify

• 1 month later...

I've a problem. I installed flightpanel and it worked well. But later he bloked the DCS programm and when I started new the Computer it did'nt work more with fault 1093, 1017 and 2043. I tried to install new ds-bios files and flightpanel files, but it don't work. I suppose, that the programm flightpanel Change anything in the windows. How an I Change it and install new the programm flightpanel?

I've a problem. I installed flightpanel and it worked well. But later he bloked the DCS programm and when I started new the Computer it did'nt work more with fault 1093, 1017 and 2043. I tried to install new ds-bios files and flightpanel files, but it don't work. I suppose, that the programm flightpanel Change anything in the windows. How an I Change it and install new the programm flightpanel?

1093, 1017 and 2043 relates to the window of the application (Flightpanels). Are you using different monitor now? New monitor? Could be old settings that cannot be applied. Different resolution?

I recently made an interesting observation regarding saving mission tracks for later replay and DCS-BIOS generated commands. When using Flightpanels, I have some switches programmed as key stroke emulators and others using DCS-BIOS commands. It appears that only emulated key strokes get saved in the track file. Any DCS-BIOS inputs do not get saved. As a result, it becomes impossible to replay a mission.

For example, I use DCS-BIOS for canopy open and canopy close commands in the A-10C. During replay, the canopy never closed, nor could I close it manually (as expected during replay, I suppose).

I rarely use replay, but still it's a shame to not have this feature available when using Flightpanels. I'm so spoiled with FP that I can't see myself going back to keyboard control just on the off chance I want to replay a mission. If I were making videos from replays, though, I would have to avoid DCS-BIOS altogether.

If anyone has any comments on this, we'd like to hear them. Maybe this can be "fixed."

Thanks,

Paul

Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 a month ago or so. I could not get Flightpanels to work on my PC with Windows 10 and others couldn't run Flightpanels that I had compiled on Windows 10 so I have downgraded to Windows 7.

Windows 10 will be great its just isn't mature enough as it is now and considering this is a hobby project I don't have the time and resources getting into the innards of the new OS to find the causes (I wouldn't even know where to begin).

So my recommendation is to leave Windows 10 for the time being. I won't be answering Windows 10 specific questions for obvious reasons.

Edited by ArturDCS
grammar

Just for Info: Works with 1.5 Beta :thumbup:

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 a month ago or so. I could not get Flightpanels to work on my PC with Windows 10 and others couldn't run Flightpanels that I had compiled on Windows 10 so I have downgraded to Windows 7.

Windows 10 will be great it's just isn't mature enough as it is now and considering this is a hobby project I don't have the time and resources get into the innards of the new OS to find the causes (I wouldn't even know where to begin).

So my recommendation is to leave Windows 10 for the time being. I won't be answering Windows 10 specific questions for obvious reasons.

Flightpanels does work for me on Windows 10! I only had to adjust the device IDs in the profiles, according to the device IDs in the DeviceManager, hat were assigned with Win10upgrade. I did not try with DCS 1.5Beta yet.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Flightpanels does work for me on Windows 10! I only had to adjust the device IDs in the profiles, according to the device IDs in the DeviceManager, hat were assigned with Win10upgrade. I did not try with DCS 1.5Beta yet.

How did you do this ? can you share a method I would love my panels to work with 10 :thumbup:

Please read the first post in this thread about DCS-BIOS. You have the information there. Please read carefully. If there are missing information then I will add it. OK?

I folowed all the steps, I was able to program the leds now, but they don't work when I launch the A-10C for exemple, all touch work but not the leds.