DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Thanks!

So it seems to be a Windows 10 issue.

Possibly. I'll try to do some testing this evening. I just finished installing Logitech and Thrustmaster Warthog drivers and DCS 2.5 on my new rig, which runs under Windows 10.

Paul

I don't have FC3.

I tried on A-10C, open/close canopy and used this :

SwitchPanelKey{0SWITCHKEY_CLOSE_COWL}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,RCONTROL + HOME}

and it works. It doesn't help you though.

It never picks up RMENU + commands

When you use the RMENU button there is always an additional LCONTROL added. Delete this (feature which I can't do anything about inside coding libs)

So AltGr + Home in DCS register when pressed in DCSFP as:

RMENU + LCONTROL + HOME

so change it to :

RMENU + HOME

and it should work.

I have added the following boiler plate text to the configuration profiles:

#IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING the key AltGr/RAlt (as named in DCS) or RMENU as named DCSFP
#When you press AltGr DCSFP will register RMENU + LCONTROL. This is a bug which "just is". You need to modify that in the profile
#by deleting the + LCONTROL part.
#So for example AltGr + HOME pressed on the keyboard becomes RMENU + LCONTROL + HOME
#Open text editor and delete the LCONTROL ==> RMENU + HOME

So I am having a lot of troubles with the RMENU + LCONTROL bug for the switch panel thing with the gear handle. I have tried editing the textfile directly to no avail.

DCSFP:s log window picks everything up fine. DCS picks up all VK_xxx strokes perfectly fine. It never picks up RMENU + commands, but it does pickup RCONTROL + VK_L, but not RCONTROL+ HOME.

What I want is to bind the default key bindings for left and right engine start/stop to the rotary dial, so that it is preconfigured for all FC3 aircraft. I could change the keybind in game for every aircraft individually, but it would be such a quality of life thing to just have a single DCSFP-keyemulator profile to load up rather than rebinding every plane in detail if I need to reinstall stuff.

txt-file attached. hlp plx?

Edited by ArturDCS

When you use the RMENU button there is always an additional LCONTROL added. Delete this (feature which I can't do anything about inside coding libs)

So AltGr + Home in DCS register when pressed in DCSFP as:

RMENU + LCONTROL + HOME

so change it to :

RMENU + HOME

and it should work.

[/code]

Yeah, that is what I've tried before making the post. It does not work. I am running Win10, which others seemed to have troubles with. :/

Anyways, DCSFP is a very nice piece of software, obviously I do not expect that it will work flawlessly with every imaginable combination of OS and DCS updates. I'll see if I can find an easy work around. Thanks for the answers!

@ Almaril In the attachments, i put my config for FC3 planes. It may help you.

About my problem:

I serarch some and think its a USB communication problem. PC <-> Panels

Mid February was an Patch ( KB4074588 ) for Servicing stack(??)

after that many people had problems with usb devices. At 5 March there were two fix patches but it seems not everybody is free of problems.

Maybe this is the problem?

Test release.

SRS Supported (for FC3 pilots mainly)

Logitech/Saitek PZ69 Radio Panel can now be used with SRS. Make sure to download SRS version which supports DCSFP.

This is a test release that works with Simple Radio Standalone (SRS).

Choose KeyEmulator_SRS for this when creating a new profile.

KeyEmulator_SRS and KeyEmulator do not need DCS-BIOS.

The PZ69 Radio Panel has 5 digit displays so the last cockpit digit cannot be shown.

• ACT/STBY toggles Guard Frequency
  • 7 radios supported
  • Able to control frequencies / channels

Edited by ArturDCS

Test release.

SRS Supported (for FC3 pilots mainly)

Logitech/Saitek PZ69 Radio Panel can now be used with SRS. Make sure to download SRS version which supports DCSFP.

This is a test release that works with Simple Radio Standalone (SRS).

Choose KeyEmulator_SRS for this when creating a new profile.

• ACT/STBY toggles Guard Frequency
  • 7 radios supported
  • Able to control frequencies / channels

WOW! Good job! :thumbup:

Hey there ArturDCS,

that is a fantastic work. Many thanks. Do you think it is possible to implement the M2000C in some time? Thats my prefered model and the tiny numbers from the radio in VR is a pain in the back. Every model is supported except the M2000C. Any comment to that?

Many thanks for ur awsome work!!!

Cheers

Demon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

Thanks!

No I haven't planned at this point on doing the M2000C.

Hey there ArturDCS,

that is a fantastic work. Many thanks. Do you think it is possible to implement the M2000C in some time? Thats my prefered model and the tiny numbers from the radio in VR is a pain in the back. Every model is supported except the M2000C. Any comment to that?

Many thanks for ur awsome work!!!

Cheers

Demon

I've had a discussion with pdmarsh regarding adding some new profiles to DCS-BIOS and I'll do the M2000C if I get enough donations to purchase the module.

Be aware though that all airframes are different and as we have seen before some controls could not be implemented or only partially implemented. But I will do my best.

:crash::doh::no_sad:

too sad. But I am thankfull for all the other modules!!!

Keep up the great work! Thankx

Demon

I've had a discussion with pdmarsh regarding adding some new profiles to DCS-BIOS and I'll do the M2000C...

While ArturDCS is working on the M2000C, I'll begin work on a DCS-BIOS profile for the Harrier. If you have the means, please do support ArturDCS with this work. I fly the modules, but his love is the software. The cost of the modules adds up.

Thanks,

Paul

I second this.

I have supported him many times.

Worth every penny IMHO

This program is a must have for VR.

Every small donation adds up very quickly!

This is what brought us Starways wonderful mods.

Please consider a small donation.

it is very easy to do.

The cost of a cup of coffee...........Is very small! :)

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

@pdmarsh

On Saitek panel PZ55

something weird after the 2.5 update i noticed that 2 controls in A-10C don't work anymore .

i didn't change the DCSFP command line

1. the TACAN mode selector ,

Command line in DCSFP:

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_STROBE|TACAN on}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{TACAN_MODE|SET_STATE|2|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_STROBE|TACAN off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{TACAN_MODE|SET_STATE|0|0}

The frequency dial on the Radio panel ADF mode also doesn't work anymore, for TACAN frequency.

2. SAS yaw L,R and also SAS pich L,R

Command line in DCSFP:

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_PITOT_HEAT|SAS on}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{SASP_YAW_SAS_R|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_PITOT_HEAT|SAS Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{SASP_YAW_SAS_L|SET_STATE|0|0}

It worked before the update ,very strange .

in the CTRL-REF Page also it doesn't move the integer.

Can you look into it?

Thanks

Does DCSFP error log have any info?

Close DCS, delete all under C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs .

After a mission do you see any errors relating to this?

@pdmarsh

On Saitek panel PZ55

something weird after the 2.5 update i noticed that 2 controls in A-10C don't work anymore .

i didn't change the DCSFP command line

1. the TACAN mode selector ,

Command line in DCSFP:

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_STROBE|TACAN on}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{TACAN_MODE|SET_STATE|2|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_LIGHTS_STROBE|TACAN off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{TACAN_MODE|SET_STATE|0|0}

The frequency dial on the Radio panel ADF mode also doesn't work anymore, for TACAN frequency.

2. SAS yaw L,R and also SAS pich L,R

Command line in DCSFP:

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{1SWITCHKEY_PITOT_HEAT|SAS on}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{SASP_YAW_SAS_R|SET_STATE|1|0}

SwitchPanelDCSBIOSControl{0SWITCHKEY_PITOT_HEAT|SAS Off}\o/\o/DCSBIOSInput{SASP_YAW_SAS_L|SET_STATE|0|0}

It worked before the update ,very strange .

in the CTRL-REF Page also it doesn't move the integer.

Can you look into it?

Thanks

Hi

im back :P

after i install windows new, i have connection to DCSBios (turning gear).

But the radio Panel goes cracy when i hit the white button.

And the multi panel shows nothing in the LCD (Alt+Heading = 0)

Video (Radio Panel): https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp4yjve8rkbh1gm/20180313_190036.mp4?dl=0

And my error log

Edited by BlackLibrary

OK, I can see that DCSFP fails to convert a text received from DCS-BIOS to number format. Hmm..

How do I replicate this? Can you do the same test and have debug turned on & debug to file?

Hi

im back :P

after i install windows new, i have connection to DCSBios (turning gear).

But the radio Panel goes cracy when i hit the white button.

And the multi panel shows nothing in the LCD (Alt+Heading = 0)

Video (Radio Panel): https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp4yjve8rkbh1gm/20180313_190036.mp4?dl=0

And my error log

@pdmarsh

On Saitek panel PZ55

something weird after the 2.5 update i noticed that 2 controls in A-10C don't work anymore...

Can you look into it?

Thanks

Sorry for not responding sooner. I'm afraid that I was not able to reproduce the problems you are seeing. Hopefully, the log files you are providing to ArturDCS will help get to the root of the problems.

Paul

Hi! I recently bought few saitek panels and today I started to play with DCSFP. It's a bit overwhelming at start to configure everything from scrach. Are there any preconfigured profiles somewhere? Looking especially for P-51D.

Hi! I recently bought few saitek panels and today I started to play with DCSFP. It's a bit overwhelming at start to configure everything from scrach. Are there any preconfigured profiles somewhere? Looking especially for P-51D.

HI og_wolf,

I have attached my P-51D profile. You will have to change the hardware IDs in a text editor to match your own panel ID numbers. I don't recall how well I labeled each configuration, but there should be some indication of what button or switch does what. Let me know of any questions.

Thanks,

Paul

P-51D.zip