DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Are you using key emulation or DCS-BIOS for the buttons?

key emulator for FC3 everything fine

DCS-BIOS for A-10C buttons ok radio and multi panel lcd not ok

evtl an import export problem?

Edited by BlackLibrary

This is weird.

With 2.5 Beta you can use the A-10C with DCS-BIOS configured buttons but the LCD of the multipanel and the LCD of the radio doesn't work?

Based on the error log it shouldn't be possible, something not working with multicasting from the looks of it. You shouldn't be able to do anything via DCS-BIOS.

9211 Custom message = [DCSBIOS.Startup()]
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
Die angeforderte Adresse ist in diesem Kontext ungültig
  bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.setMulticastOption(SocketOptionName optionName, MulticastOption MR)
  bei DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOS.Startup()

Yes, only one because of steam (you can only have one installed)

the DCSBios log is empty and here is the DCS log.

what i noticed is that the LEDs from the gear lever of the switch panel also not work but the lever let the gear out!

my A-10 config as txt file is also in the attachments

Flight Panel A-10C.txt

Edited by BlackLibrary

This is getting stranger and stranger. I checked the log but I cannot find any indication of any problems.

And your export.lua is OK? Have you added any other mod to the export.lua?

the DCSBios log is empty and here is the DCS log.

what i noticed is that the LEDs from the gear lever of the switch panel also not work but the lever let the gear out!

my A-10 config as txt file is also in the attachments

For some reason DCSFP can send commands to DCS-BIOS, thus the lever works but DCSFP doesn't not receive anything from DCS-BIOS => can't show anything on the LCDs.

Is your firewall causing this? Turn it off and try again.

9211 Custom message = [DCSBIOS.Startup()]
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
Die angeforderte Adresse ist in diesem Kontext ungültig
  bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.setMulticastOption(SocketOptionName optionName, MulticastOption MR)
  bei DCS_BIOS.DCSBIOS.Startup()

i have turn off all Anti Virus and firewalls sadly no change.

this is my export.lua

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
 local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

without the others - no change

Edited by BlackLibrary

DCSFP and DCS-BIOS communicate over sockets. The settings you see in DCSFP (IP addresses and ports) are used for this.

So based on this DCSFP can communicate with DCS-BIOS to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) but cannot open a socket to read data from DCS-BIOS (239.255.50.10). I don't understand why. Did this problem coincide with an update to Windows 10?

yes windows 10.

updates yes but i dont read the changelogs.

Changes to network no.

What does Flightpanel/DCS-BIOS need from the network?

Edited by ArturDCS

Did this problem coincide with an update to Windows 10?

i cant say that. Last time i flight the A-10c was at the beginning of February. that was on 1.5.8 and all worked. i first hit the problem on 28 February.

Deleted post--irrelevant info after thinking about it regarding the radio panel issue.

In case my post got captured in an e-mail, I was thinking I ran 2.5 under Win 10, but that's on my new PC which I have not put into service yet.

Paul

Edited by pdmarsh

See if you can find any updates to Windows 10 between those dates.

This has to be purely a firewall/socket/communication problem, DCS-BIOS => DCSFP.

Also check you Windows application log, are there errors relating to this there? You can clear the log and start a mission to see whether anything shows up there. I have no experience myself with Windows 10 but this is what I can recommend, then I am out of advices to give. :(

yes windows 10.

updates yes but i dont read the changelogs.

Changes to network no.

What does Flightpanel/DCS-BIOS need from the network?

So I am having a lot of troubles with the RMENU + LCONTROL bug for the switch panel thing with the gear handle. I have tried editing the textfile directly to no avail.

DCSFP:s log window picks everything up fine. DCS picks up all VK_xxx strokes perfectly fine. It never picks up RMENU + commands, but it does pickup RCONTROL + VK_L, but not RCONTROL+ HOME.

What I want is to bind the default key bindings for left and right engine start/stop to the rotary dial, so that it is preconfigured for all FC3 aircraft. I could change the keybind in game for every aircraft individually, but it would be such a quality of life thing to just have a single DCSFP-keyemulator profile to load up rather than rebinding every plane in detail if I need to reinstall stuff.

txt-file attached. hlp plx?

KeyemulatorBasic_Saitek_DCS_Profile.txt

alonpet is this something you now about? Do you fly FC3? I was searching old posts and you mentioned this in 2015.

So I am having a lot of troubles with the RMENU + LCONTROL bug for the switch panel thing with the gear handle. I have tried editing the textfile directly to no avail.

DCSFP:s log window picks everything up fine. DCS picks up all VK_xxx strokes perfectly fine. It never picks up RMENU + commands, but it does pickup RCONTROL + VK_L, but not RCONTROL+ HOME.

What I want is to bind the default key bindings for left and right engine start/stop to the rotary dial, so that it is preconfigured for all FC3 aircraft. I could change the keybind in game for every aircraft individually, but it would be such a quality of life thing to just have a single DCSFP-keyemulator profile to load up rather than rebinding every plane in detail if I need to reinstall stuff.

txt-file attached. hlp plx?

I have 2 panels. PZ-55 and PZ-69. All worked well, until I installed a new THRUSTMASTER HOTS. After that, the radio panel transfused to respond. Writes arbitrary numbers, does not switch frequencies. In the flightpanel application there is a reaction to the switching, but in the plane itself there is no.

Do not tell me what's the matter?

Sorry for my English.