DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

But then the ARK-UD controls disappeared. Is it intentional?

The R828 presets still lacks the R828_TUNER on the ACT/STBY button (unlike what you did for the Ka50 :thumbup:).

The ABRIS control is working great but you forgot to assign the ACT/STBY to the ABRIS_CURSOR_BTN.

When assigning the PZ70 LCD knob (+/-) DEC to the Ka50 ALT_QFE_KNOB in VARIABLE_STEP input type, I am pretty sure it sends a STATE_SET instead (baro pressure jumps to the value of the step and never moves further). The LCD Knob (+/-) INC is working fine. I don't have this problem with the Mi8 and I can use the PZ70 knob for the baro pressure without a problem.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ka-50 ABRIS. Doesn't it work for you!? Pressing the ACT/STBY button pushes the right ABRIS dial in/out?

R-828 Automatic Gain Control added.

VARIABLE_STEP bug fixed! ;) Must be one of the oldest bugs in DCSFP.

ARK-UD, you have to elaborate a bit here, I am not familiar with this helo and was it already implemented? How can it be implemented in current configuration? Starting to get crowded on the Radio Panel. Get back regarding this with some ideas and we'll see what can be done.

Thanks for the answers! Btw, will it work with FC3 modules too? Or is it tied to specific modules?

I tend to fly just about every module in DCS :p

As a keyemulator is works with almost anything but with DCS-BIOS only with the DCS modules having clickable cockpits AND those having been implemented in DCS-BIOS. Please read first post in this thread.

is it possible to show on a PZ70 , the Heading and altimeters of a FC3 Plane?

Hi BlackLibrary,

Unfortunately, this won't be possible. Only newer modules with clickable cockpits can be set up with DCS-BIOS profiles, which are needed for this kind of functionality. With the FC3 planes you will be limited to keyboard emulation, I'm afraid.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

New release v2.2.77.

AJS37 Viggen radio support + misc changes

• AJS37 FR22 & TILS & Master Mode Selector Implemented (COM1 & NAV1)
  • Mi-8 R-828, automatic gain control added to ACT/STBY
  • VARIABLE_STEP bug fixed
  • Ka-50 ADF, ACT/STBY switches between INNER-AUTO-OUTER Beacon Mode
  • Mi-8 ARK-UD added to DME position. Large dial -> Preset Channels, small dial -> Mode, ACT/STBY = Wave Band
  • Mi-8 R863-PRESET: ACT/STBY -> R863_UNIT_SWITCH
  • Mi-8 SPU-7: ACT/STBY -> SPU7_L_ICS or SPU7_R_ICS
  • Ka-50 NAV2 : Datalink Master Mode Selector, Self ID Selector, Power ON/OFF

Deleting post on secondary control stick for now. Would have to do testing to see if DCS-BIOS controls would work through the device.

Edited by pdmarsh

Deleting post on secondary control stick for now. Would have to do testing to see if DCS-BIOS controls would work through the device.

OK, ArturDCS did some testing and it appears that this device could be configured to use DCS-BIOS controls as well as act as a keyboard emulator through DCSFlightpanels. If we find that there is interest, we'll look into adding it to the panel linup in DCSFP.

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/product/farm-simulator-side-panel

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. -- With this re-post, I forgot to note the idea behind this, as mentioned by Hawkeye60 below. At least, the Gazelle and Viggen have secondary left side joysticks for controlling cameras, cursors, etc. Depending on your existing main joystick or HOTAS, this could be useful in other modules as well, such as the A-10C to control the targeting pod and/or Maverick aim point. Plus, you can never have enough buttons and switches to configure!

joystick.jpg

Edited by pdmarsh

Now see what you've done!

I am resisting the urge to open the wallet and remove the cc! :D

I have been using a CH Combatstick for the Gazelle but this is much smaller and I like the layout.

Time to write Santa and send the letter express mail!! :lol:

I vote yes please!

Very cool!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i am trying to understand how to use this program (i have received the saitek panel with the landing gear yesterday) but i don't know what to do.

I installed also DCS-Bios following the instructions.

When the program launched i choosed Spitfire as profile but when i start DCS and the instant action take off mission nothing seems to happen, in the flight panel window i have the wheel spinning indicating that the program is receiving data from the sim, but i cannot see for example the lights turn on and also any button i press has no influence in the SIM (but i can see it pressed in the Fligh panel window).

So probably on the documentation i missed something, i thought that it was plug and play and selecting the profile at the start everything is ready. In the flight panel menu there are a lot of options but for me is like arabic (i am not really an elettronics or programming expert).

So what am i missing?do i need a profile like for example in the hotas warthog (that has his target program), in this case can someone share his profiles with me?

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi and welcome!

Yes you need a profile and I am sure someone here can share their or help you. I don't have any profiles myself. Just hold on and you'll get something.

While you are waiting you can right-click the Nav. On & Nav. Off textboxes in DCSFlightpanels and use the images as a guide. You will learn this quickly and read post #1 on how to use the ctrl-ref page. With DCS-BIOS and DCSFlightpanels you will be able to control the plane like you never would imagine.

Hope the screenshots will help you. It shows how to add the landing lights.

Hi i am trying to understand how to use this program (i have received the saitek panel with the landing gear yesterday) but i don't know what to do.

I installed also DCS-Bios following the instructions.

When the program launched i choosed Spitfire as profile but when i start DCS and the instant action take off mission nothing seems to happen, in the flight panel window i have the wheel spinning indicating that the program is receiving data from the sim, but i cannot see for example the lights turn on and also any button i press has no influence in the SIM (but i can see it pressed in the Fligh panel window).

So probably on the documentation i missed something, i thought that it was plug and play and selecting the profile at the start everything is ready. In the flight panel menu there are a lot of options but for me is like arabic (i am not really an elettronics or programming expert).

So what am i missing?do i need a profile like for example in the hotas warthog (that has his target program), in this case can someone share his profiles with me?

Thanks

1.thumb.png.46780f9e6c3fa3415f6b6ccfa623033d.png

2.thumb.png.994bb971b5048ff270b58aa407071ca8.png

3.thumb.png.4b2cee3fc700ebc765a66805835a3122.png

4.thumb.png.723740c24ba6aee8803076566f874cc8.png

5.thumb.png.0999a933b902b1c22e5f772a0625206d.png

Edited by ArturDCS

Hi and welcome!

Yes you need a profile and I am sure someone here can share their or help you. I don't have any profiles myself. Just hold on and you'll get something.

While you are waiting you can right-click the Nav. On & Nav. Off textboxes in DCSFlightpanels and use the images as a guide. You will learn this quickly and read post #1 on how to use the ctrl-ref page. With DCS-BIOS and DCSFlightpanels you will be able to control the plane like you never would imagine.

Hope the screenshots will help you. It shows how to add the landing lights.

thanks so much...i now have a good basic profile, also if my previous problem was becouse i had "check for digital combat simulator" set on, and with that options no keypresses were being sent to the SIM also if the "wheel" was spinning, as soon as i disabled that option my buttons started to work.

Now just an advice from you..i managed to program gear lights for on and off state (green -> down and locked, red -> up and locked), but i have 2 thinks i don't like:

1) As i press gear up (and down..the opposite is true as well) the light become red while the gear is still retracting (i checked in the ctr-ref page and it has 0 or 1 and as soon as i press it becomes 0 and viceversa) but i would like to have the light become red/right only when the undercarriage is down and locked/up and locked....cannot find a way

2) i would like to have yellow light blinking (or also steady if not possible) for the gear transition state but cannot find the relative DCS-BIOS events...while i saw that for other modules (for example A10C) there is an apposite event for that...so is there a workaround or something i still don't know?

Thanks again..for help a for this really fabolous piece of software

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

I tried the gear while having ctrl-ref page open (Undercarriage) and I could only find the SpitfireLFMkIX/UC working and yes 1 or 0. So I don't think there is a possibility for having yellow in between up and down. It just doesn't have those hooks. Is there such in the cockpit?

edit:

I have to point out that I am not familiar with the Spitfire. I don't fly it.

Edited by ArturDCS

In cockpit we have lights for gear up and gear down....when in transition both lights are off

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Ok.....so on this I'll just wait

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I looked that the cockpit EDM and there are no connectors for the U/C lights visible. So at this moment this can not be solved. I know there are people who can dig up devices/hooks that are not visible but I don't know who exactly and I have never figured out how. There has been talk about this before. BUT we have the exact same problems with AJS37 which in its current state have rather bleak radio support just for the same reasons.

So things may change still, specially if they are beta.

Trying to use my PZ255 as a Key Emulator with Battle of Stalingrad

I have successfully used this program to use my PZ255 with IL2 Cliffs of Dover but in BoS it will not send multiple key captures i.e. vk LCTRL-H. When mapping in BoS I just get "H" sent or picked up by BoS. I have tried adding time delays with no success.

Any ideas?

Great program by the way. I was worried I spent $100+ on a brick.

Thanks

Skud

I9-9900K@ 5.2 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB G Skill TridentZ@4133Mhz, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390, NVidia Titan Xp w/Arctic Air Cooler, 3 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 970 Pro, 34" Acer Predator 4K, GVL 224 109 "Skud" Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel, CH Throttle Quad, SB AE-9 + Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, Saitek PZ255 Flight panel, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

Thanks Skud and thanks for the feedback!

Right off the bat I can't say what the reason is. Have you tried using the other API mode?

I would suggest that you create a support ticket with BoS support. They could (and should) be interested in this because after all it affects their customers. And there you can mentiond the APIs listed in the screenshot and what key combinations doesn't work.

Does sequences with plain keys works? K + delay + A etc.

edit:

Posted a question regarding this here.

I have successfully used this program to use my PZ255 with IL2 Cliffs of Dover but in BoS it will not send multiple key captures i.e. vk LCTRL-H. When mapping in BoS I just get "H" sent or picked up by BoS. I have tried adding time delays with no success.

Any ideas?

Great program by the way. I was worried I spent $100+ on a brick.

Thanks

Skud

111.thumb.png.0634cfaeafba19ea3ee7822602440d9b.png

Edited by ArturDCS

Hi, I was just wondering why there is no joystick button emulation for the switch panel?

Is it technically not possible?

For me it would be easiest just to assign the switches in game.

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Your guess is as good as mine to why it wasn't made that way.

Regardless if it were possible, sequencing of key strokes and DCS-BIOS integration is way superior form of controlling the cockpit (ie DCSFlightpanels or equivalent software).

Hi, I was just wondering why there is no joystick button emulation for the switch panel?

Is it technically not possible?

For me it would be easiest just to assign the switches in game.

Is the L39 supported with this?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Thank you Artur. What a great program. :)

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf