Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World

Anatoli-Kagari9

Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Poll for Civil Modules you would buy for DCS World

• Aerobatic Sukhoi, Yak, Pitts, Extra,...
    • Cessna Skyhawk, Piper Arrow, Beechcraft Baron, ...
    • Turboprop PC-12, B200, ...
    • Helicopter Bell 206, AS350, Robinson 44, ...
    • None !!!! I only want something with a canon!!!

I understand that, maybe you need to re-read what I wrote....not arguing with anyone here. I wonder how many people saw civilian and never looked in the thread to see what it was about. Because I did that at first.

No no , i'm not arguing. I was just making a general point as a little add-on to your point.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No no , i'm not arguing. I was just making a general point as a little add-on to your point.

Ok, got you :)

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Define what fits. We don't really have a year for DCS. The map isn't really an issue, anything could [have] fight [fought] there. If you want to be really picky and say that anything less than historically accurate is not a simulation (which I don't really think makes sense), then WWII aircraft fit the current map better than F-15's etc because they were actual there during a war.

Really? Flying and fighting over the modern cities with apatrment buildings, harbors that look current etc., taking of from runways with ILS, PRMG equipment etc. fits mote to this enviroment than F-15? I...just don't know how to respond to that.

What you described is happening, with the added benefit of being within DCS itself (why should I go buy another sim when I like DCS?). What we have now is merely a midpoint on the way to the end goal.

The messy midpoint that will last for some long time I think. There is no moderation what stuff is being developed as far as I know. Once WWII will be more or less sorted we will have Korea, Vietnam projects and so on that will last forever.

As far as why should you go buy another sim when you like DCS? - why shouldn't you buy if you enjoy WWII sims?

If it was this simple, every sim would be WWI sims because the aircraft would be really simple. However this isn't how it works. Just look at Pman's post in the F-16 thread (which I think got merged with the US wishlist thread).

I'm not sure which post you are referring to.

Actually VEAO plans seem to prove my point. If you look at their plans the only modern combat aircraft they plan to do now is Typhoon along many warbirds. Moreover they seek military contracts to make stuff and then cut it (in a bad way) and sell to us pseudo-simulation (Typhoon again). Sure, they mentioned Harrier, Falklands and plenty of other stuff, yet their first module is not finished now. As far as I'm concerned there are only warbirds on VEAO plans.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hope ED will stay with cannon`s plane in future and will not split up their capacity for civilian unarmed planes

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

JComm, like you I only fly DCS these days for the sheer joy of *feel of flight*.

I chose the civ choppers (note that they're also used in a military capacity) however I would equally welcome any civilian aircraft being particularly partial to bush flying.

Cheers,

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

VincentLaw DHC-6 Twin Otten is only a steep, but has a good steep on civilians.

XCaeIfV.jpg

iTDMTq0.jpg

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137746

And folks, remember what is DCS: World.... period.

DCS stands for “Digital Combat Simulator”. DCS is a world simulation engine permitting the user to operate or direct a growing number of combat and civilian aircraft, ground vehicles and ships, from different historical eras, in different geographical locations and at different levels of fidelity. It is a true "sand box" simulation.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

JComm, like you I only fly DCS these days for the sheer joy of *feel of flight*.

I chose the civ choppers (note that they're also used in a military capacity) however I would equally welcome any civilian aircraft being particularly partial to bush flying.

Cheers,

Yes, the UH-1H because I gave away my Mi-8 license. By far the best helo experience I had in any PC-based sim, including Dodosim for FS9 and FSX and every models I tried for X-plane

VincentLaw DHC-6 Twin Otten is only a steep, but has a good steep on civilians.

XCaeIfV.jpg

iTDMTq0.jpg

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137746

And folks, remember what is DCS: World.... period.

Thanks for your link Silver_Dragon. I didn't know about that project? Can we get it ? Does it have a custom flight model ?

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Really? Flying and fighting over the modern cities with apatrment buildings, harbors that look current etc., taking of from runways with ILS, PRMG equipment etc. fits mote to this enviroment than F-15? I...just don't know how to respond to that.

I was pointing out that WWII aircraft have actually fought in the region, F-15's have not. That would make F-15's on the map very much a simulation of an alternate universe, as you put it. I have no problem with that though, because it's not really unrealistic even if it isn't historically accurate.

The map was not made with WWII in mind so you're right to bring up things that wouldn't fit with WWII simulation, but honestly they aren't hard to ignore either. If the buildings in particular really do bother you I think you can essentially turn them off by during down the scenes setting in graphics.

The messy midpoint that will last for some long time I think. There is no moderation what stuff is being developed as far as I know. Once WWII will be more or less sorted we will have Korea, Vietnam projects and so on that will last forever.

This is why DCS invited 3rd parties in, so they we could have all of this content rather than being in a similar position with a much lower module count. I guess you could argue that ED could have just forced 3rd parties to go with modern jets, but that was actually the initial focus (IRIS F-14, Razbam F-15E). None of those modules have been released yet. The MiG-21 took a number of years. I don't really think we're losing much by having a more diverse aircraft roster. Also, all the while ED has mainly focused on the core of the sim which benefits every era.

As far as why should you go buy another sim when you like DCS? - why shouldn't you buy if you enjoy WWII sims?

That doesn't really answer the question. DCS is doing WWII, I like DCS and I'm familiar with it. I'd prefer having all my flight sims in one place. DCS seems to be able to do that without much trouble.

I'm not sure which post you are referring to.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2292924&postcount=6987

Actually VEAO plans seem to prove my point. If you look at their plans the only modern combat aircraft they plan to do now is Typhoon along many warbirds. Moreover they seek military contracts to make stuff and then cut it (in a bad way) and sell to us pseudo-simulation (Typhoon again). Sure, they mentioned Harrier, Falklands and plenty of other stuff, yet their first module is not finished now. As far as I'm concerned there are only warbirds on VEAO plans.

There is the Hawk as well. Yes a trainer, but certainly a military aircraft.

As for why the warbirds are being finished first, you partially answered that yourself. The newer fighters seem to require contracts to be able to access data to make a worthwhile sim. The aircraft themselves are also more complex and take longer to develop. Remember the F-14 and F-15E were announced pretty early (for that matter the F-18E and ED's F-18C have been going on for a while too). None of them are finished. Meanwhile WWII aircraft have been pumped out quite a bit faster. Betting it all on a modern fighter is slow and risky, so it shouldn't be a surprise that almost no one is concentrating solely on them.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

i personally would not purchase a civvie aircraft

however, it would be great to have some civilian air traffic to populate the skies, so as to make the surrounding environment "believable" (GA and airliners - even civilian helicopters)

i would welcome the inclusion of civvie aircraft - would be great to just have AI civvie aircraft

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

however, it would be great to have some civilian air traffic to populate the skies

yeah true....I need to practice my dogfighting skills somehow :D

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I haven't tried this mod personally, but, apparently, we already have a civilian aircraft :-)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137746&highlight=Twin+Otter%5C

I think that FSX and XPlane will always maintain the edge with CIV aircraft, the only use for them in DCS would be the possible combat employability like a Piper CUB to mark targets in a Vietnam environment or the C-47 dropping troops into occupied France. A C-47 would be a bit of a stretch for purchase especially for us fighters but those people playing XPlane or FSX who like that sort of thing would be great as a cross platform between their casual civilian role and a transport/ troop role they could play in DCS. That is what my hope is for DCS is that we wont just have fighter pilots duking it out with each other, but to have people that want to do a different role besides shoot another plane down. I think it would be a lot more challenging to not be able to see your flight path and rely on a dedicated navigator giving you direction to a target. Just my two sense here but anyone else feel this way?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Civilian aircraft would only be natural for DCS as a sandbox flight simulator. Not only because they are fun in their own right, but because they are part of the combat aspect of the simulation. I see people bring up the C in DCS but then not talk about all aspects of C. One case in point is the post that brings up that very subject and then dismisses trainers and WWII.

DCS is a superb flight simulation, but it has strengths and weaknesses compared to other sims. Flight physics, which is what I consider the most important aspect of a simulator is where DCS shines. Obviously physics are extremely important for any type of flying and not at all limited to combat.

A global map is as useful for combat sims as it is for civilian sims. Either way we don't have one, but the sim is still useable. EDGE is adding support for a globe, so one may even come in the future.

DCS is the major combat player, but that doesn't impede it from competing with FSX, etc.

This is only good news for people who are into both types of flying and good news for people on the civilian side looking for unique sim experiences.

Combat pilots already want a world map (I do), already want better ATC and airport simulation (I do), already want great scenery (the whole point of EDGE). Not only are these things already:

1- in demand

2- handled by ED without putting themselves out of business (I don't see them bending over to every feature request without thinking about where it fits in in the long term)

but they are also beneficial to the combat side of the sim.

I don't see a FSX clone. I see DCS with civil planes.

With third party modules there's nothing stopping DCS from getting both. Also, civil aviation seems to have a pretty consistent demand, at least on the forum, so I'm sure we'd be hopping with 777's and A380's just as much as F-16's.

+1!

At the moment DCS is i.m.o. a niche market (combat simflying) in a niche market (simflying).

We will all benefit if ED let DCS grow to the flightsim (simflying) market: DCS has to earn money, I assume, and the bigger the market, the more money comes in and the more they can develop: so that we can take profit in the flightcombat genre.

But, offcourse, ED knows all these facts (and the market) far more better then I do!

Best regards, Willem

ED should stick with combat aircraft only. Or we risk people asking for a train simulation, farming simulation because trains transport supplies for the troops and tractors make food and as such qualifies for the "C" in DCS... yay

Or maybe a prostitution simulator or or or or or...

• Like 1

i'd rather see another phantom poll than see a civi aircraft poll.

AI yes to an extent or free mods yes but paid 172's or airbus a380 etc is a no for me. I have both FSX and X-plane specifically to fly civ aircraft and take in the scenic views. I play DCS to blow stuff up, not phased if world 2.0 comes out in 1 year or 10 years, the reason I'm here buying aircraft is to drop bombs and shoot stuff.

ED should stick with combat aircraft only. Or we risk people asking for a train simulation, farming simulation because trains transport supplies for the troops and tractors make food and as such qualifies for the "C" in DCS... yay

No of course DCS will always be a combat flight sim, I'm just saying expanding the market and adding in other roles wouldn"t hurt, gives you more targets and more depth within the sim.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I'd buy an A320 for DCS in a heartbeat... but that of course will never transpire.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

A C-47 would be a bit of a stretch for purchase

Would be a day one buy for me. I had an OKish FS2004 DC-3 many moons ago, but the MSFS shortcomings kind of dulled the whole experience still. But to see a comprehensive PFM & ASM DCS Dak someday... oh man :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.