AESA , JHMCS, and AIM-9X in DCS

DaveRindner

Don't know if this applies to FC3 F-15. Active duty (non AFRES) F-15C have been udated with AESA, JHMCS and AIM-9X capability. Boeing and Rockwell Collins are primary contractors. System has 80 deggree of-boresight, over-the-shoulder, and compatibility with ASRAAM missile. System is compatbile with F-15C,D,E, F-16C Block30 and above, F/A-18C/D/E/F, and F-22. Be nice to have it. Playing SU-27 with Russian version is really fun.

Even if I set AI on excellent for F-15C, F-16C, and F/A-18C. Give them AIM-9M. Vs me in SU-27 with R-73. Its too easy to shoot them down, as I can fire R-73 before they get AIM-9M. So in 1V1 , daylight, head on merge. I fire R-73, AI breaks (left or right), then some pure and lag pursuit puts me on their 9-6 for second R-73, which almost never misses. So there is a built in advantage, in DCS, for R-73. However latest model of AIM-9M the AIM-9M-8/9 is almost as capable as 9X Block1. Well in real world. I think that DCS AIM-9M model is not as capable as it is in RW.

On the other hand I find SU-25 and SU-25T AI are exceptionally effective in evading R-73. All they do is break , pop flares, and R-73 misses almost every time.

There's also the issue of which planes are modeled. You know how in car games, they list the year of the car? Like :

'91 Toyota MR2?

It could help to think of these planes as being based on a specific model year. Most of the planes in game are represented to their 70's/80's capabilities.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

JHMCS and the AIM9X aren't any more classified than the radar system, wouldn't imagine it would be any more of a stretch to make it fun and fairly close to real life without having to get into classified specs. Dogfights would get a bit more interesting :)

We'll worry about it now, thanks. The Su-27 is pretty mid-90's.

Let's worry about the F15 when the SU27 model finally makes it into the mid 1990s.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda