Leatherneck Simulations Monthly Update - January 2015

Cobra847

The aircraft on that banner is an F-14. Wasn't it said during the interview as well that the mig-23 would be made but it wouldn't be the next release. However it may be the mig-23 is included in those 4 aircraft in advanced development. These guys have obviously been busy, I do hope a tomcat is on the cards.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AT-802, AT-802U, AT-802F

As discussed, it is also the ID-10T

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Mig-21?

The only mach plane with clikeable cockpit awesome LN.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Happy new year Leatherneck team and all !

Wow, what a great update ! 3 (!) aircraft in advanced stages, some more in earlier stages, Tomcat almost confirmed, theaters by Leatherneck, the next release probably in 2015 ! You guys are the greatest ! So much stuff coming from you !

Can´t wait for more news and have to start saving up money...

The top banner says "Cats and Ducks" as one of the topics of discussion, obviously "cats" is referring to the Tomcat. So what's the "duck" referring to? There's a Grumman J2F Duck, an amphibious biplane from the 1930s. That would fall in line with LN "catering to almost all of our tastes" cause that's pretty unique.

Didn't notice that earlier... hmm, well Utkonos was one of the Russian nicknames for the MiG-23B/MiG-27 aircraft and it means platypus which has a duck nose... Or we could go French and use Canard... isn't Cobra a Swede... Viggen anyone? It also makes me wonder what other Grumman Cats they might be working on... Hellcat, Wildcat, Tigercat, Panther, Cougar, and Tiger. Definitely very interesting.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I'm going with Tomcat and the MiG-23BN, great update Leatherneck!

hmm, well Utkonos was one of the Russian nicknames for the MiG-23B/MiG-27 aircraft and it means platypus which has a duck nose...

"The new attack variant with the R-29B-300 engine was designated the "MiG-23BN"; since the short exhaust made it easy to distinguish from the MiG-23B, NATO assigned the MiG-23BN the new designation of "Flogger-H". ~ In service, VVS pilots called the machine the "Utkonos (Duckbill)"

1151778.jpg

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So my guess is Tomcat is in the works :)

Same here! If I get a Tomcat, my social life will end definitely. Do you think DCSW2 will implement multicrew? If the Tomcat will be so cool and well done as the Mig 21, I guess LN wants to simulate even the "goose" seat, right?

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

Thanks for the info.

So... next news in a month? :noexpression:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanks, great news! Just waiting for a little elaboration on specific aircraft, F14 would be a dream:pilotfly:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Great news!

I'm most excited about Mig-21 content upgrade (new sounds, green cockpit and Croatian AF skin), but altogether, 2015. sounds promising for Leatherneck Simulations!

:thumbup:

EDIT: I just don't see the point of turning almost every update thread into guess/wish-list... :doh:

Edited by Mrgud