spawning ai planes

Nac33

hi,

i'm doing a mission for online and i wanted to know, is....can i set up a plane as client....but if no one uses it, have it spawn with a ai instead? and how is it done?.....thanks in advance....Nac

Edited by Nac33

i5 4590k@3.5GHz, windows 10 pro, 2TB, 250GB sata, 16gb, Asus Z97 board, GTX 980ti oc, BEN Q XR3501 monitor, corsair 850w psu, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, Trackir5

Try a trigger such as the following: place to units - one ai (a)and one client (b)... Set (a) to late activation

Continuous action->unit (b) alive -> flag 1 on

Continuous action->flag 1 false->activate unit(a)

That might work?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

@Nac33 -- Please feel free to have a look at a mission I recently posted which does exactly what you are looking to do. It's fairly straight forward, though. You will need to create both the client and AI as separate aircraft. Set the AI to late start, then use flags as dooom noted above. However, if you don't want AI aircraft to spawn during the mission should the client aircraft die, you will need to create a trigger to stop that as well.

I initially used the presence of client aircraft in a theater-sized trigger zone to preclude their AI counterpart from spawning. However, if the client aircraft dies during the mission, its AI counterpart then spawns, which is not something you would necessarily want to happen. My approach was to create a "crew chief" for any given client aircraft that gets used in the mission. These crew chiefs are safely tucked away at the home airfield. It their associated client aircraft gets shot down, they remain in the mission to preclude the AI aircraft from spawning. There could be much better ways to do this--I'm still somewhat new at mission scripting.

If you want, have a look at the triggers in the mission I mentioned above:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1101978/

Hope this helps.

Paul