Hawk Cockpit Re-Texture

I don't see what the issue here is,

the BAe Hawk T1a Cockpit itself is relatively clean and simple, not overcrowded with gauges, geomatry and switches, or labels.

Well I have a feeling you are probably baiting me for a ban for repeating myself, but I will bite anyway.

I mentioned in my post above(it was long, so I completely understand if you went TL: DR for the most part) that it was the texture detail that I believe is not up to usual DCS level, and not the cockpit itself.

VEAO are nice enough to have acknowledged this, which is why they are doing a texture update / re-texture. Otherwise they simple would not bother with updating the texture.

EDIT: oh god I just saw the post above mine. *Runs Away* Here comes another storm!

Edited by FlyingHighAU
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VEAO are nice enough to have acknowledged this, which is why they are doing a texture update / re-texture. Otherwise they simple would not bother with updating the texture.

So its been acknowledged now, time to let it go? Or are you going to keep going on and on?

Edited by NineLine

spacer.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

TBH, I am just a lil curious to see what I could do with a quick pass of Quixel dDo Tools

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill,

X470 Taichi Ultimate, 2x R7970 Lightnings Crossfired @ 1.1/6.0GHz,

3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns·G HZ201HPB + Oculus HMD,

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs, CH Fighterstick+Pro Throttle+Pro Pedals

Dear VEAO Simulation, lucky us that you make your job and I do my job.

I tried to make your job, and it ended up like this… :music_whistling:

Perfect, isn't it?

I hope there is some space for fun, without offend anyone. :poster_ban:

I am waiting for the Hawk… and if you want offer me a job feel free!

attachment.php?attachmentid=111698&d=1421706240

I am afraid that you are a bit confused, the one with the automatic gearbox is the american T-45;).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear VEAO Simulation, lucky us that you make your job and I do my job.

I tried to make your job, and it ended up like this… :music_whistling:

Perfect, isn't it?

I hope there is some space for fun, without offend anyone. :poster_ban:

I am waiting for the Hawk… and if you want offer me a job feel free!

I'm just glad you included analog time piece. Now I'll finally know were to look when people yell out "bandits, 12, o'clock"

Lots of cooking analogies in this thread, so here's mine:

If DCS is a 5-star restaurant and DCS Hawk is an expensive steak, then commenting on how the Hawk sucks at this point in time is like commenting on how a steak sucks in a real restaurant, before it's even been grilled or seasoned.

Instead, comment on how you prefer your steak to be done, and only comment on the end result when... well.. you even get the end result.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

.......I like my steak medium-rare and bloody haha

Picky picky picky.......next you'd want it bleating as well :P

@Smile and the team, do what you do so well. For the rest of us, as has been said, commenting now on the state of one's food while its still wandering about in the woodies is premature at best, asinine at worst.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ah you see Ish there in lies another problem, I like my steak medium-rare and bloody haha

I think there has been enough blood spilled in this thread already......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I've got a question regarding re-texture of aiming sight glass.

From Youtube videos and some screenshots, I've noticed that only one side of glass has reflectiveness applied to it, and because of that mentioned glass looks infinitely thin and looks not so correct, especially in the area near support brackets (ther is no matted squares). I believe that textures/properties of side edges of glass are just missing. Look at the edges of real glass - they are very distinctive and a bit brighter/darker (depending on angle) then glass itself.

pwmrapwe9sight_glass.png

So my question would be whether you plan to improve this glass while pit textures undergo some improvements?

Currently I do not own Hawk and I don't know if this issue is still there (youtube movies are not so new) - if this is already fixed disregard my post.

P.S. Are bolts on glass brackets missing or its different version of aiming sight?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am afraid that you are a bit confused, the one with the automatic gearbox is the american T-45.

No furry dice?

Always complaining!! :cry_2:

I have redone my artwork, now you have a ANALOG gearbox. But this are too different systems.

One you can see on the left side, for the other function n log x = log x^n you have to click button 2nd and after click button log in front of the Texas Instrument TI-30 X II 2 main panel.

Furry Dice have been integrated.

Hawk2.thumb.png.9565ba405013de84e42caefec805412e.png

The module will be released 1Q 3015, with the integration of Flash Player in DCS World3

Until the release no update. (After 2nd time every joke gets boring!)

VEAO goood luck with the Hawk!!!

That one big chip looks like it's hovering over the paint. Shouldn't the shadow be tiny and inside as I would guess that light would be inclined to catch the chip rather than highlight it on the outside.

Aha! So shadows do fall inside a paint chip, but only fall if the paint has peeled and some has lifted leaving a shadow. Honestly I thought I knew something was off with that side panel paint.

+1. Is that texture work from the hired texturer?

07p1cn9h4ittxqjzg.jpg

You can't just use the "drop shadow" feature and hope to get away with it. ^^

The paint wear & tear is in my humble opinion, all wrong. I mean:

-It doesn't try to capture the places and parts that actually would show wear & tear because of either friction or weak spot,

-you can't just randomnly paint a few chipped paint brush's stroke here and there,

-nor mottle whole sheets of metal like that

-nor simply blend in a picture of rusted metal like in that upper right corner part.

You got just on this tiny part of the cockpit 6 very different wear & tear reactions from distinct materials and type of wear (1 copy/pasted shapes a bit everywhere, 1 blended images in the upper right corner, 1 weirdly hand painted brush strokes near the throttle and 2 different scales of mottled dots on the lower right and 1 additionnal effect for the foot rest that looks more like freshly dropped liquid paint tbh). I'm really saying that with the utmost respect and as positive criticism but none of these patterns would even work on their own, let alone alltogether.

Personally before working on any wear & tear effect I would work on the paint thickness effect itself, like boats there are several layers of thick resistant paint and it shows to a point where most metal bends and cuts are rounded and sheets of metal are riddled with waves, bumps and irregularities that react to light. Then add some discreet dirt & dust layers to bring it to life and make it cosy and only then would I work on wear & tear.

I'm not a texturer though so who am I to judge, that's just my personal two cents. Keep up the work and good luck! Looking forward to the end result :thumbup:

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know that I am working on a (as we say in the automotive industry) complete face lift of the pit.

And don't worry it's not drop shadow..lol

I have been head down and ass up working hard taking on board all you guys have said, and I thank you on all of your comments and I mean ALL.

So will keep you all in the loop.

Rock on and Peace out!

O_Smiladon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
don't wanted to bring up a fight... did i say anything wrong ? maybe you took that the wrong way sorry

...because thats the way it looks in reality.... right ?

I sensed a little sarcasm in that part of your statement... I wanted to head off any 1.10s before I had to hand out any warnings... sorry if I took it wrong.

spacer.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png