104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

As long as both sides have the same equipment this will happen more than needed. I’ve done it myself. Most of the aircraft modeled aside from fc3 don’t have IFF. So either we separate the teams better or just live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just an assumption you're making. Most of the team kills are by people in Mirages. The Mirage is perfectly capable of IFF.

Also, to further contradict your point, now that 104th has GCI, people flying the F5 and 21 should only do so in a2a combat when a GCI is on so that they can ask for a declaration of side before engaging as they should.

I think it is a lot of new people. Maybe we need to add something to the briefing about IFF? One guy that TK'd me when he as in a Flanker thought that since I didn't show up on data link that I must be a bandit.

In a F5/Mig 21 with an AWACS up, they can DECLARE-- right? Even if it's not via a human GCI?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

So either we separate the teams better or just live with it.

No .... you turn your radar ON and IFF before firing any weapon... repeated teamkilling through the lack of IFF will get you banned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

This is just an assumption you're making. Most of the team kills are by people in Mirages. The Mirage is perfectly capable of IFF.

Also, to further contradict your point, now that 104th has GCI, people flying the F5 and 21 should only do so in a2a combat when a GCI is on so that they can ask for a declaration of side before engaging as they should.

I think it is a lot of new people. Maybe we need to add something to the briefing about IFF? One guy that TK'd me when he as in a Flanker thought that since I didn't show up on data link that I must be a bandit.

Source for the mainly mirage tk?

As I said, most modules don’t have IFF

If I can kill fast jets in a Gazelle without radar and still IFF then you can do it in an F5.

We also regularly fly CAP missions in the Harrier despite it not having a radar.

Shoot first ask questions later is not acceptable.

Ask on the radio,

Ask in game chat,

Ask the GCI,

Keep track on the game chat to see who is killing who and with what,

If you see someone in front of you get shot down and the message says "Enemy F-15 shot Friendly Mirage with Aim120" and you can see the F-15 still alive... shoot him!

If you see someone in front of you get shot down and the message says "Friendly F-15 shot Enemy Mirage with Aim120" and you can see the F-15 still alive... you know its a friendly!

What ever you have to do, just start working a bit harder to IFF. Not having a radar is no excuse, its perfectly possible.... it's just not as easy.

And yes, there are going to be times when you are trying to IFF without radar and then the bandit gets in a position to shoot and then targets you.

This is part and parcel of the deal and the price you pay for operating in contested airspace without a radar or CAP to protect you.

This year we are going to be taking a much tougher stance on teamkilling from all platforms Air to Air and Air to Ground on clients and AI units.

Gradually we hope to grow a policy of ask first shoot second in the server so people are not so casual about firing off a weapon.

Although not implemented now, in future we are aiming to have a system in place that will time out a client for 5-15 mins for any teamkill on a client or AI.

Accidents happen so these clients will be allowed to rejoin the server however persistent teamkillers will be removed and will have to appeal through the forums to be unbanned.

We hope this will lead to more caution on everyone's part when pressing that trigger.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Source for the mainly mirage tk?

Seeing the kill messages when I get TK'd? Im confused why you think I'd lie about this. I understand the occasional TK from an F5 or 21, but its starting to happen very very often from all kinds of planes that have the IFF capability.

Furthermore, it doesnt matter if your plane can IFF or not. It doesn't just give you a free pass to shoot at whoever you want. Like Maverick said, chat, GCI, SRS are all options for getting information.

Maverick, its great to hear the harder stance on things. Will be greatly appreciated. On a side note, are you guys going to reset stats at any point for this year?

Edited by M0ltar

Noob question here:

im wondering how can a not IFF capable plane to IFF if both sides have same planes o.O. Is there something im missing here or im supossed to not know if the guy in front of me is friendly or foe?

Thanks in advance

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Noob question here:

im wondering how can a not IFF capable plane to IFF if both sides have same planes o.O. Is there something im missing here or im supossed to not know if the guy in front of me is friendly or foe?

Thanks in advance

As Maverick said, you need to ask in chat, TeamSpeak, SRS, or call the GCI and ask. Its one of the disadvantages of flying the older or less complex planes, but you need to know that going in and not just shooting the first thing you see because you're unsure. Comms are really important and need to be used.

As Maverick said, you need to ask in chat, TeamSpeak, SRS, or call the GCI and ask. Its one of the disadvantages of flying the older or less complex planes, but you need to know that going in and not just shooting the first thing you see because you're unsure. Comms are really important and need to be used.

Thank you very much, if i may ask something:

Lets say in the mig21 era or f5... do they had any form of iff or GCI in combat or that didnt existed either at that time?

ty.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Thank you very much, if i may ask something:

Lets say in the mig21 era or f5... do they had any form of iff or GCI in combat or that didnt existed either at that time?

ty.

They didn't have IFF, but they could and would ask if there were any friendlies in the area over comms, which again, is why comms are so important. If other aircraft or coordinator said there were not supposed to be any friendlies in the area then they would engage the bogey. I know its hard that we don't have segmented aircraft on each side, but its just something that we have to contend with.

Seeing the kill messages when I get TK'd? Im confused why you think I'd lie about this. I understand the occasional TK from an F5 or 21, but its starting to happen very very often from all kinds of planes that have the IFF capability.

Furthermore, it doesnt matter if your plane can IFF or not. It doesn't just give you a free pass to shoot at whoever you want. Like Maverick said, chat, GCI, SRS are all options for getting information.

Maverick, its great to hear the harder stance on things. Will be greatly appreciated. On a side note, are you guys going to reset stats at any point for this year?

First of all I’m not for tk and I think IFF is important. What I’m saying is that the way it’s done now isn’t in any way realistic. Sure if there’s someone in GCI then there’s no excuse, but I’ve almost never seen that spot filled. Nor is teamspeam an option on most nights unless I’m willing to keep my kids awake while I sit talking to the computer outside their rooms.

And to say it’s all mirage pilots is just silly unless you have some actual information to the contrary. Seeing an occasional tk by a mirage doesn’t mean that may tk are mirage related.

And no I don’t even own the mirage nor am I someone who tk’s often. I’ve done it twice that I know of in the last year. But I have been killed many times by that western fighter that I thought must be friendly only to see that it was a Russian f15 or something.

I prefer the advanced modeled aircraft and most of them have no IFF. Knowing that why do we insist on trying to balance sides by having Harriers and f15s fighting for both sides?

this is the point I’m trying to make.

Knowing that why do we insist on trying to balance sides by having Harriers and f15s fighting for both sides?

We run 8 missions, 2 of them are East vs West with separated aircraft sides, NATO vs Russia.

Lots of people can cope with the challenge of having both sets of aircraft on each side and have fun fighting against the same aircraft, this is why we have aircraft on both sides in most of our missions and have done so for over 10 years in hosting to the community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First of all I’m not for tk and I think IFF is important. What I’m saying is that the way it’s done now isn’t in any way realistic. Sure if there’s someone in GCI then there’s no excuse, but I’ve almost never seen that spot filled. Nor is teamspeam an option on most nights unless I’m willing to keep my kids awake while I sit talking to the computer outside their rooms.

And to say it’s all mirage pilots is just silly unless you have some actual information to the contrary. Seeing an occasional tk by a mirage doesn’t mean that may tk are mirage related.

And no I don’t even own the mirage nor am I someone who tk’s often. I’ve done it twice that I know of in the last year. But I have been killed many times by that western fighter that I thought must be friendly only to see that it was a Russian f15 or something.

I prefer the advanced modeled aircraft and most of them have no IFF. Knowing that why do we insist on trying to balance sides by having Harriers and f15s fighting for both sides?

Not much in DCS is done in a realistic way. Yes, there are 2 missions on 104th that are East vs West, but they usually result in a 1 sided mess where either the East or West has all the pilots. Having all the aircraft on both sides makes for a more player balanced fight. Not to mention you don't have to worry so much about weapon balance with AIM120's for example. When you go East vs West it can turn into one massive mess with people complaining about balance and player numbers. Just go read the Blue Flag threads to get an idea of what it can turn out like.

I never said it was always Mirages. Ive been TK'd by F5's, Flankers, Eagles, 21's, really any module in DCS. What I said was it's mostly Mirages. Its this way on Blue Flag and Dynamic Caucuses as well. Hell, its that way on really any heavily populated PvP MP server. Most people that fly a lot of DCS in PvP MP will agree that when you get TK'd it is almost always a Mirage. Its normally because they forget to turn on their IFF functionality. So, even if they get someone in radar its going to say they are a bandit because their IFF is off. After the Mirage it is very likely a Flanker because they shoot at you from IRST without IFFing you.

Saying that, I have no idea where the F5 and 21 discussion came from. Most of the IFF issues are from modern jets which is why I get so peeved about it. They have no reason to not IFF targets they are shooting at. When me or my buddy get splashed by a friendly F5 or 21 we get it. You don't have an IFF. Still sucks and I think they should be punished, but I get it. The modern fighters.... No excuses and that is where I get upset as again it happens way way more than you seem to think which is way the 104th are having to take a harder stance on it IMO.

Harriers don't normally play a part in the TKing as they are segmented more to the A2G part of the map and don't normally partake in the air quake.

Second the Mirage is an advanced flight modeled aircraft. So is the F15 an Su27. Saying that, I assume you mean you like clickable cockpits. The Mirage again is a fully clickable cockpit so I'm not sure where you're going with this comment.

All I'm trying to bring light to, which I think others are understanding, is that there is an issue with TKing on the server. Just because you've only been TK'd very little does not mean it doesn't happen to others more. Ive been TK'd 3 times in the past week and the guy I fly with is up to around 5. I know that is hard to believe for you, but it happens more than you seem to believe. Maverick has already said that they are taking a harder approach against it which I am very happy about.

Minor correction: The Mig21 can IFF. Its a pain in the ass though as it requires radar which is very unreliable.

Lolll thank you very much for pointing this out! There are WAYYYY too many DCS MiG-21 pilots out there who (for whatever reason) apparently haven't checked the MiG-21 manual...

I was asking somebody 2 days ago he said he can't IFF in his MiG-21. Then I was going raging in the Discord voice channel "why did russians even spend money on MiG-21 project without IFF, they could've saved the millions of rubels on a fighter WITH IFF", but I guess now my discussion was for nothing!

So for everyone who doesn't know:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Our first ever Dynamic Multiplayer Mission!

3MNoMZQ.jpg

• 6 Airbases to capture and hold in the battle-zone,
  • Spawnable aircraft at newly captured airbases,
  • Ability to recapture lost airbases,

• Airbase upgrade rewards using heavy transport aircraft,
  • Anti-ship mission rewards,
  • Deepstrike Targets,

• Simple Radio,
  • Locked GCI slots that are open for sign up,
  • AWACS,
  • AFAC,
  • JTAC,
  • Tankers,
  • Weapon Restrictions

Soon™

Hopefully this weekend

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;3359227']

Our first ever Dynamic Multiplayer Mission!

3MNoMZQ.jpg

• 6 Airbases to capture and hold in the battle-zone,
  • Spawnable aircraft at newly captured airbases,
  • Ability to recapture lost airbases,

• Airbase upgrade rewards using heavy transport aircraft,
  • Anti-ship mission rewards,
  • Deepstrike Targets,

• Simple Radio,
  • Locked GCI slots that are open for sign up,
  • AWACS,
  • AFAC,
  • JTAC,
  • Tankers,
  • Weapon Restrictions

Soon™

Hopefully this weekend

7drHiqr.gif

Eagerly awaiting to test that shit ! :)))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?