Tacview 1.3 beta 1 is available!

Vyrtuoz

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trial period terrain bug

Thanks for the feedback Aginor!

Yes, the free version of Tacview obviously includes DCS World map as well as Falcon 4.0 maps. Because of a simple bug in my new terrain engine (since Tacview 1.3), those maps are not properly displayed after the trial period.

I’ve just fixed it and will publish the fix in Tacview 1.3.2 as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

sorry for OT, but...

Is it normal that the free tacview version has no map at all? (my 21 days just expired and I haven't bought it yet) Or is this a bug?

I always thought there would be the normal DCS map, just without the tactical (far) zoom.

Not a huge problem since I am going to buy a key anyway, just wanted to know.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Can anybody help with some issue?

Im install Tacview, make a flight record and export it into xml. But cant make some statistic page with Ezor's flight events log viewer (from here http://lomac.strasoftware.com/tacview-xml-debriefings.php)

Im look at both files (xml from tacview and example from Ezor - both files are different) what i must do for correct working this feature?

or its impossible correct this problem?

Не лазить руками туда, куда не лезет голова © USSR_Rik

PHPTacview has not been maintained for a long time by Ezor. Since I’ve improved the debriefing format during the past years, it is possible PHPTacview is not working properly anymore.

I’m going to see if I have some spare time to fix PHPTacview but I can’t guarantee anything since I’m currently quite busy on my Website and Tacview 2.0…

Have you tried the.csv debriefing format? It is very easy to handle, even with limited technical skills.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Just bought Tacview and already loving it. Can't wait for the online feature. But, is there any chance of allowing for the free client, separate thin client only able to connect to the pro server, or browser plugin, being able to connect to a professional server? I feel like a lot of the benefit this provodes is lost if it requires a home license that can then record and do much of the work itself...

I asked this question in a separate topic, but I did not get any reply…

Lately I see that unless I host the mission myself on multiplayer, nothing is recorded in Tacview except my own maneuvers.

Previously I mean to remember that most servers recorded to Tacview. Has something changed? Nowadays I can’t view any information that is interesting at all playing a Tacview file after flying a mission. There is basically nothing in the file at all…

Is there a setting in my Tacview that I must correct? Or have most hosts placed restrictions on Tacview use? I use Tacview 1.3.3 beta 1.

Which server? If tacview only records your maneuvers the server doesn't permit the export of objects

I understand some servers do not permit export to Tacview, but previousily this applied to a few servers only.

This applies basically to all servers I've connected to in the last few weeks. Actually I can't remember a single server I've connected to that have recorded anything else than my own manouvers in the last few weeks...

The TAW.NET public server is also allowing exports Hoggorm! Check it out :)

Ok! I was fairly sure I tried a TAW server, but maybe I did not fly there as the mission that was running was about to end... I'll check them out anyway.

This app improved my effectiveness a whole lot. I was actually getting shot down by SAM and with just a little effort I now have the knowledge to extend my chances of staying alive.

(I also see that I am very good at defensive maneuvers regarding missile on my six)

This app should be a part of the tutorial/Training lessons in how to understand RWR better.

Thank you! I will support this with money .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because we need to know how many lateral g's a missile is pulling. We know data about available G, and it's all 'normal force'. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The value is the normal force only? Let me put it another way.

An accelerating missile can be experiencing well over 10g while the motor is burning. Normal force is perpendicular to this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda