Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Hi folks,

The A-10C II "Tank Killer" Expansion update to the Warthog guide is now live! See first post.

Changelog (11/11/2020):

• Functions grouped by "Legacy" vs "Tank Killer" variants
  • HOTAS functions updated
  • Updated targeting pod section with clarifications of existing functions (Steerpoint Slaving, Boresight, etc.)
  • Added Scorpion HMCS (Helmet-Mounted Cueing System) section
  • Included new GBU-38 JDAM HUD symbology for "Tank Killer" expansion
  • Added GBU-54 Laser JDAM tutorial
  • Added APKWS (Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System) laser-guided rockets tutorial
  • Added AGM-65L Laser Maverick air-to-ground missile tutorial
  • Fixed typos and mistakes across the whole document

Overall, a lot of cool new systems and functions are in... and the page count went from 420+ to 520+ pages. Once again, if you guys still have any suggestions, recommendations or corrections, please let me know.

• Like 4
  • Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many people asked me for tutorials about certain aspects of DCS. Here are a couple of guides I made.       ************************************************** *******

Hi Chuck,   I just noticed that your Tutorial Library is now six years old ... it’s amazing the sheer amount of content that you’ve managed to produce over this period, thanks a lot from the

A new overhauled version of the Huey guide is now available! See first post.

Thank you sir! Outstanding work

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / GIGABYTE 3866MHz GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 MOBO / Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor (OC to 4.Eight) / G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD / EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Onboard Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ulrawide HD Monitor / Track IR4 / Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals / Virpil HOTAS

Chuck. I've just studied F-16C guide.

Man! Awesome work, really!

Then, that idea came my mind: Why don't you prepare Training Missions? with your voice? :)

I'm sure you would really really do a great job, man!

Edit Note: Not YouTube videos I mean. Just like DCS World's interactive training missions.

Thanks a lot again!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win7HPx64)

Samsung 32" | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | Trustmaster MFD Cougars & 2 x 8"TFTs | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 SwitchPanel & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Mi-24P Hind EN Cockpit WIP: %99,9

These guides are fantastic! I much prefer written material to reference.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but using VRKneeboard and rotating Chuck's PDFs 90CCW and then rotating the kneeboard it is possible to get an additional landscape kneeboard whilst keeping the DCS kneeboard portrait for the standard charts. This is perfect for referencing Chuck's guides whilst in the cockpit in VR.

• Like 1

Intel i5 8600K 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro · TUF Z370 Pro · HP Reverb Pro · 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 1Tb SSD · 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Thrustmaster Warthog . JetSeat

Thank you Chuck for updating the guide to include the A-10C II features, it is so valuable. I have a question for the group. When you look at pages (Adobe reader page numbers) 154-155, do they appear slightly blurry to you at all? When you compare them to pages 152-153, I can see a noticeable difference in the clarity. I saw this because when I magnify the zoom to 125%, the fonts gets worse on new pages 154-155 and not 152-153. I use a second monitor with Chuck's guide on the right and DCS straight ahead. I am not trying to be nit-picky. I print the controller pages to help me map my switches as I use a Virpil throttle. When the pages print, the clarity is just not there. I also want to point out that I do not have visual clarity of a 20yr old any more! Thanks again and good day to all of you.

A10C.thumb.png.09094bf3af7fea87816acc45be8ea9c4.png

A10CII.thumb.png.a6258a299153eb0abffea82abc1afa16.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Chuck consider to change your 1st post regarding the links.
After the new forum update your post is messed up!

I'll wait until Friday and see if the issues are still there... apparently the forum formatting is still being processed.

Thank you Chuck for updating the guide to include the A-10C II features, it is so valuable. I have a question for the group. When you look at pages (Adobe reader page numbers) 154-155, do they appear slightly blurry to you at all? When you compare them to pages 152-153, I can see a noticeable difference in the clarity. I saw this because when I magnify the zoom to 125%, the fonts gets worse on new pages 154-155 and not 152-153. I use a second monitor with Chuck's guide on the right and DCS straight ahead. I am not trying to be nit-picky. I print the controller pages to help me map my switches as I use a Virpil throttle. When the pages print, the clarity is just not there. I also want to point out that I do not have visual clarity of a 20yr old any more! Thanks again and good day to all of you.

Fixed in latest revision.

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 1

Hi Chuck,

I just noticed that your Tutorial Library is now six years old ... it’s amazing the sheer amount of content that you’ve managed to produce over this period, thanks a lot from the bottom of my heart, your work helped me a lot whenever I have started to learn a new dcs plane.

happy Xmas and hopefully next year the pandemic will be defeated 😄

eduardo

• Like 6

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I’m long overdue on giving the Viggen the attention it deserves, so I’m very much looking forward to going through the guide as I learn this beast. Thanks for your hard work yet again!

i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB Gunfighter MkIII base + MCG Ultimate grip / LG 48" OLED

Thanks you Chuck, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

Take Care.

• Like 1

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

You have put a lot of effort into the Viggen Guide. I'm currently working through it, making you want to get the Viggen out of your virtual hangar again. It's a lot more understandable than before. Damn good job thank you. And happy holidays.

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Brilliant mate, thank you. I've been getting back into flying the Viggen a lot lately and found your old guide extremely useful, the new one looks even better. Thank you for all your hard work.

i7-3770 CPU, 32GB DDR3 RAM, Sapphire AMD Radeon 5700 XT, Oculus Rift S

43 minutes ago, Charly_Owl said:

A new overhauled version of the Huey guide is now available! See first post.

Merci de ce merveilleux bijou! You are the best!🥰

Windows 10 (64 bits)

Intel® Corei7-3770 CPU@ 3.40GHz 3.40GHZ

32,0 Go Canal-Double DDR3

Moniteur Philips 24 pouces (1920x1080@60Hz)

Moniteur Philips 19b (1280x1024)

2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (NVIDIA)

1024 MoATI AMD Radeon HD 5450 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Track IR 5, Saitek Rudder Pedals Pro, Hotas Warthog