Is anyone using a HOTAS profile in SU27

Xxx

Specifically the SU 27 for DCS World?

Since I have had little success with my Saitek X52 pro in writing an SU 27 HOTAS profile, I wondered if anyone has done a profile for any sick for the SU 27? There are none in the files that I can see.

I have tried direct DCS World GUI and using just the X52 profiler, also a combination of both. With very mixed results.

The problem I have seems to be a delay or lag in stick to sim. The keyboard works just fine alone, but when I assign keys to the stick, the input does not match the output. "Lock" or "Enter" is not working, yet does work from my keyboard. The "Stick to Trim" is not working and the radar modes are unreliable.

Since I use the X52 in HOTAS X52, for the A10c and the Ka-50 Black Shark, both in DCS World and alone and have no problems whatsoever, I surmise its something pertaining to the SU 27.

Maybe I am alone in these problems?:cry::mad:

Perhaps its my X52 and/or software? :cry:

Regards

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

I have made one myself which I like for the warthog. Matches up functionally to the A-10C controls for the most part. Helps remember where things are. And i then generally use a similar layout for all the other planes and it helps remember all the controls.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I use this driver 6.0.4.1 and software 6.6.6.9 for my X52 and all work perfect on Win7.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

The problem I have seems to be a delay or lag in stick to sim

I gave up on the SST software for this reason. I discovered that certain keybindings and button press combinations did not play well together. What i ended up doing is setting a blank profile for X52 in SST (only one mode, deleted all shiftstates) and this let me bind everything (including the mode and pinkey switches) in the sim.

The way control binding works in DCS (bind with keypress/axis motion, pressing key shows bound command) makes setting up a new bird very easy (if a bit tedious, all those buttons) and beats the hell out of half a dozen clicks for each command in SST.

I would also be interested as I'm (very) slowly configuring my HOTAS.

I own a X-55 throttle and I should get a VKB Black Mamba in a few days. Both with three modes.

Here's the early throttle configuration:

fj6xGqx.jpg

RJnOjXc.jpg

The green functions are triggered in combination with a modifier button on the stick (Extreme 3D Pro)

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Many thanks to all you guys.

I have managed to compile a HOTAS (of sorts) for the SU 27.

Here's what I did.

Installed the latest Saitek Driver version, 7.0.34.109 and the latest software version, 7.0.27.13.

Then used a combination of SST keys programmed and some direct DCS bindings. Direct DCS bindings on the unshifted Saitek key states and a few shifted states with SST keybinds!

The Radar range etc is on the throttle slider and radar elevation on rotary 1.Rotary 2 also works with HDD range. So its an improvement on my last attempts.

This has taken me all afternoon! But I think I may have a workable solution now. Its trail and error to determine what works and what doesn't!

Hope this helps anyone else who is struggling!

At least it shows you can make do with the X52 pro if your budget wont stretch to a Warthog/X55!

Cheers

David

Edited by Accipiter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Just wondering whether or not not you guys have posted your X-55 profiles for the SU-27 as I have just added the SU-27 to by collections and have been looking through the manual to get familiar with the various controls. And it would be nice to be able to have some profile posted in the forum or even uploaded to DCS website.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

he829.jpg

Looks like there are 2, 8 way coolies on the stick. So The question is which of the following would be the best?

Which one actually works the best?

hd3Kz.jpg

Or..

8Rmt6.jpg

Or my old faithful, which does work with part SSt codes and Part DCS direct GUI assignments.

So if anyones got some working profiles...?

P3foh.jpg

one of the collies is an axis slew on the actual 27, so you can change the slew speed of the TDC.

Unfortunately the 27 options in game dont have the whole WVR BVR switch

Here's the best answer ;)

black-mamba-fat-03.jpg

VKB Fat Black Mamba.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Here's the best answer ;)

black-mamba-fat-03.jpg

VKB Fat Black Mamba.

WOW...im in love...now... :joystick:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English is not my native language, please forgive the spelling mistakes... :argue:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5-2500K @ 4.7 GHz (24/7)

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Motherboard

G. Skill Ripjaws-X 8GB (2 x 4GB) CL8

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1+custom OC (24/7)

• 4 weeks later...