What is your 3 favorite aircraft.... and why :)

Well I thought I would ask this because I like to know other peoples business ........I mean views on why they have a favorite aircraft. For example some like the F14, F4 and F104 as their favorite airframes because............. that's the bit I am interested in ;)

Please don't infest the thread with 'I wish ED would do this or that' sort of thing. It's just for curiosity and fun thats all.

Ok there the rules so here we go:

1. F105 because it was such a powerful and tragic aircraft that made 'Thud Ridge' a memorial to so many brave US Pilots. Not the most attractive aircraft but wonderful character and had the brute force of a true gentleman.

2. Mig 25, almost for the same reasons as the F105, loads of lovely power and strenght.

3. I must admit I had to think real hard here because there are so many wonderful airframes but my third choice is.... da da... F104 which I believe was sometimes called the 'Widow maker' ! I may be wrong. What a wonderful aircraft this is and so many records broken by it, it has to be my third choice.

Ok anyone else like to add their peneth worth?

Regards

Mizzy.

PS ED any chance we can see some screenies of the new Mig 31 model???? Please :)

A-7 Corsair II, Just because it looks cool

A-10, the finest CAS a trooper can whish for

The Jaguar, I often spent weekends at Brúggen airbase in Germany, gazing at these fine jets

( the Vulcan, Buccaneer, Bae Lightning, Phantom, OV10.....why only 3? :biggrin: )

:D

Hello Mizzy, I'm sorry but lets begin with the least original list possible :)

1. F4 Phantom II

The beast. Brute force, great all-rounder, smokes & drinks like a real ... The natural born strike fighter

2. F-14 Tomcat

OK, even I have been a kid, what is there to say?

3. F/A-18 Hornet

The first computer jet! Beautiful looks, anyload anyplace anytime! In my humble view, MODERN air combat starts with its cockpit!

PS you're right about the Starfighter: one of the most awesome aircraft ever to fly!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Supermarine Spitfire (Mk.s I to IX especially).

Possibly the most iconic fighter ever produced by Britain (if not the world). It's a unique design and just plain beautiful to watch fly (and in it's day as deadly as they came). Not to mention the sound of that merlin engine. I know it's not a modern (or even a jet) aircraft, but is always has...and always will be....my absolute favorite aircraft. If I ever get the chance to fly in one I would die a happy, happy man.

Hawker-Siddeley Harrier.

I can't put the reasons for this one into words. I've just always liked it.

Avro Vulcan

It's just got a "WOW" factor I don't see in other modern aircraft.

(BTW...The F-16, F-4 and F-86 would be in there without a doubt if you'd asked for top ten rather than top three)

Su-34, if only it would have 4 seats. :p

P51, coolest profile

Bf109... the beast

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

1. J-22 Orao

2. Galeb G2

3. Su-25(T).

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Cessna 150 - the most economical, safe, easy-to-fly - great for recon and training

MiG-17 - the pinnacle of gun combat. Every missile that shoots this down is a net cost to the country that made the missile. Easy to maintain, reliable, good range and endurance, good for air-to-air and air-to-ground work.

C-130 Hercules - as above, but for those occassions when a bus is more efficient than a car. Hauling your army forward to capture assets, keeping the logistical supply lines open, or even dropping Daisy Cutters as a bomber. Fantastically versatile.

Give me an Air Force of these three with as many as the USAF budget can buy, and we'll conquer an equally-funded USAF equipped with F-22s in no time.

;)

-SK

1. Su-33: Beautiful looking carrier plane, and a joy to fly in FC.

2. Me-262: The first operational jet, beautiful machine and the ride of my favorite pilot (see my avatar).

3. FW-190: A beast of a fighter, fast, heavily armed and also the ride in which my favorite pilot achieve 200+ kills.

Nowi

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

1. A-4 Skyhawk. Sexy small jet, single-seater (which I've always thought was cooler than dual-seaters), fast for a ground-attack aircraft, extremely nimble, carrier capable. My dad was going to fly one in the Navy during the Vietnam war era, but flight school was so backed up he went into a beach jumper role.

2. Sepecat Jaguar. Such a sleek yet wicked a2g platform. Gotta love those above the wing mounted heaters too!!

3. A-10. The world's best CAS aircraft, what else needs to be said?

Man, I wish I could have had 4 choices though so I could include the OV-10 Bronco!!

• Like 1

VapoR, I love you man, I thought I was the only eediot..:icon_weed

LOL!! My dream sim is a mid-1980's scenario over central europe with each of the aircraft I mentioned as flyable (plus alot more of course!). How cool would it be to loiter over a hot target area in an OV-10 marking targets for the fast-movers!!

Well, I love especially the aesthetic of an aircraft, so I love: MiG-21 (it's too beautiful, it's metal), MiG-23, FIAT G-56, Vought A-7 Corsair II, Eurofighter Typhoon, Macchi MC-202-205, MiG-15-17-19-23-31... so much and so beautiful.

PS: yes, I forgive the Flankers...

1) Mig-29 (from A to K/smt)

2) Su-27/30/33/34/35/37

3) F-16A MLU

BTW, my commercial top 3:

1) Concorde

2) Concorde

3) Concorde

:icon_supe

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

My number 1 is F-16, and FYI it was already my fav long before it made part of my countries arsenal. Because its dependable, lightly wight but with a mighty punch, love the handling and doesnt complain much about maintenance. Its legendary for its combat record.

Realy hard to sort the others out but I would put F-15/F-18 next.

Harrier, F-14 next. For the harriers way to stay operational anywhere the imagination can concieve denying the enemy total supremacy. F-14 for my fantasy of puting multiple enemies on defensive at 50 miles and blowing them up at 10 LOL.

Mirage 2000 Su-30 next.

Mirage 2000 for its Multirrole capability and top speed at altitude and the Su-30MKKI for its modern russian hardware and manuever capabilty. Both of hem also for the looks.

So the list is:

1)F-16

2)F-15/18

3)Harrier/F-14

4)Mirage 2000 Su-30MKKI

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

1) Su-27KUB; It has everything, a beautiful nose shape (looks like an alien from the front), TVC for your aerobatics, K-36DM 3.5 seats :p, and it can land on carriers.

2) A-5 Vigilante; Sleek design, looks fast, powerful and the size of that thing, wow! And it can land on carriers.

3) Mirage 2000; Multirole, fast, very manoeuvrable, it outperforms them non-tvc Migs and Sukhois, not to mention the boring F-16 displays. In fact, it's the only jet without thrust vectoring that flies like one with. And there's the 10.5G limit, and high AoA without disabling any on-board FSC, it can even do 11.5Gs in emergencies! This one can't land on carriers :p

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

1) CH-53: Does 200+ KIAS and can lift twice its weight internally and equal to its weight externally.

2) F-14: Anyone growing up in the early eighties loves this bird.. enough said.

3) SR-71: Still holds the world record from L.A. to New York! :icon_supe

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

B-52: Bitch-slapping tinhorn dictators since 1955.

F-16: Hard to find another non-stealth plane that is so dangerous in so many ways.

A-10: Sick. It's just so sick.

No way I could keep this to just 3... Supermarine Spitfire, Flanker, C130 Herc, F-15, F/A-18...

based on what we have in lomac:

Su-25T

Su-27 Flanker

A-10

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|