Trim & Flap Wheel Issues

JG13

Thank You for all your hard work:thumbup:

You can hear the trim wheel spinning but it seems to have a big deadzone in the middle because after a few rotations it will begin to move. you can move the trim a little bit and you can see trim wheel moving but you need to pull it back to neutral position to get it to stop, if you want to go the other way you need to turn the wheel a few times then it will start to go the other way. you can only make the wheel move or stop like a lever. using Saitek trim wheel as the flap wheel does not work either acts in the same way.

Flaps and trim axis are not absolute, but directional. This means, if you have joystick axis mapped to flaps or trim, then:

1) moving joystick axis closer to center position would slowdown flaps or trim wheel movement

2) moving joystick axis away from center position would speed up flaps or trim movement.

Why we don't have absolute axis for trim and flaps? It is really cumbersome the way it is, if you want precision or exploit muscle memory.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Why we don't have absolute axis for trim and flaps? It is really cumbersome the way it is, if you want precision or exploit muscle memory.

Exactly. A multiturn pot for the trim wheel and flaps would be excellent!

In the Mustang, I have the flaps mapped to a lever on my Saitek throttle quadrant, and trims onto three separate pots on a DIY controller - won't get much more realistic than that. The two remaining levers on the Saitek are used to adjust the cold and hot air intakes.

I'd really like to see this changed for the Bf109 before it goes out of beta.

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

• 10 months later...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2516177&postcount=150

I'm bouncing this back to life as it's arisen in another thread where I thought it was a problem with of "1.5".

It really needs to be changed.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flaps Control Bug

After more than a year of development,and many updates, the new DCS:Bf-109K4 ver 1.5 BETA remains with the same bug in the flaps control than when the game was released.

[YOUTUBE]ttps://youtu.be/eDafMEcWVc8[/YOUTUBE]

We wait for v2?

Regards

Supongo

Edited by Supongo

Flaps and trim axis are not absolute, but directional.

Mmmm, find a "practical" use for this axis "ON/OFF" feature: create "flaps toe switch" for Bf 109.

Instead the boring press a button and wait ~15 seconds (?) until flaps drop, I press a modifier and briefly move rudder slight for left (sensitivity adjusted in curves), this make flaps wheel turn until flaps reach the end of course, meanwhile I can use rudder for... rudder. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a bug or some wicked developer's idea, but the current implementation of the trim axis is useless with the Saitek Trim Wheel.

And it's inconsistent with the P-51D, where the trim axis works mostly fine (except for a weird delay).

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

This is done on purpose, to avoid cheating (which allows to quickly clean up and flaps)

Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 /i9-12900KF /64 Gb- G.SKILL Trident  DDR4 4000 МГц / Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GameRock 8GB /Corsair HX1200 1200W 

DCS A-10C Обучающий урок "Концепция HOTAS" (RU)

DCS P-51D Руководство пилота

Обучающие миссии для Ми-8 (Радиооборудование)

This is done on purpose, to avoid cheating (which allows to quickly clean up and flaps)

it doesn't avoid it at all though, you can still quickly clean up the flaps and you can still assign the flaps to buttons on the joystick.

All it does is prevent people from using the wheels in a more realistic way.

And why it's possible to do that on P-51 then?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 3 months later...

This issue is more than a year old, any chance it will be fixed?

Right now it is not possible to use realistic trim hardware, like the Saitek trim wheel.

New update beta 1.5.3.50355.19

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2681227&postcount=14

DCS Bf 109-K4

• Implemented cockpit camera movement options regarding gunsight retaining movement
  • Corrected Flight manual
  • Reduced flaps control wheel to 8 turns total.

Flaps bug fixed, thank you E.D. :thumbup:

True Otto...

converging towards Perfection :-)

It's unique in many aspects, even if from time to time it needs some tuning, and they give us that tuning :-)

Really looking forward for:

1) The EDGE conversion of the Caucasus Map;

2) The new Weather features to come with EDGE;

3) The Spitfire, P47, ... more rotary wing....

[...]

N) The Normandy Map;

[...]

[N+k] a flyable ww2 glider to go with Normandy :-)

[...]

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Lol flying with a K-8 through Normandy map, but this not a bad idear...

Dont know how good the thermal environment is currently in DCS :)

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Lol flying with a K-8 through Normandy map, but this not a bad idear...

Dont know how good the thermal environment is currently in DCS :)

K-8 is from 1957, i think jcomm has something like this in mind ...

Waco_CG-4A_Hadrian_-_Cockpit.jpg

a_Waco_CG-4_Hadrian.jpg

greez mugen

GIGABYTE Z690 Aorus Elite | i5-12600K | 32 GB DDR4 | 2x 980 NVMe | RTX 4090 | OR CV1 | Pimax 8K | PC360 | 34UM95 | 38GN950 | TIR5 + Track Clip Pro | T-50CM2 | TM Warthog + 27,5 cm extension | MFG Crosswind | Win10Pro x64